collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: is anyone else feeling nostalgic for the G3 times?  (Read 1730 times)

Offline LuvMyBoy

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
Re: is anyone else feeling nostalgic for the G3 times?
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2013, 02:53:58 PM »
I miss G3's, they looked much more like ponies to me :( Some of the G4 are cute, but it's definitely not the same for me. G1 will always be my favorite but G3 was definitely better than what is out now, in my opinion. I'm really disappointed in the fair pony this year too. I would think 30 years would mean some beautifully designed artsy fashion style pony or something, not just a pony with sunglasses :( Not dissing the character at all, DJ is cute in his own way, but seriously Hasbro. I'm so disappointed in what my little pony is coming to. I hope my enthusiasm returns.

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2013, 07:40:30 AM »
I love G3 almost as much as G1. G3 was awesome until the end when all they did was release the same ponies over and over again. :P

Yeah the bore 7 with that ghastly pose was just bleurgh
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2013, 11:44:46 AM »
Heck ya! I want G3 ponies to come back  >_< G4 is beginning to bore me(perhaps maybe I'm right on the dot with collecting?  :huh: I don't know)
But I just want a second chance at collecting G3 ponies again  :P I regret going on hiatus in 2006(?) All I know is that Tulip Twinkle was my last pony before I went kaput :s
Perhaps when G5 come around, Hasbro would consider making a similar mold to G3  :cool:
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Offline CupcakeLoverXx

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • Pony Lover since 2012!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2013, 12:38:31 PM »
I miss G3's too,in fact I've spend the majority of today reading up on G3 toys and looking at reviews. I love the variety of characters and colours,there's still tons of G3's I want for my collection,yet there's only 3 G4 brushables I can think of right now that I want. I also liked that G3's cane in many different poses,whereas the G4 brushables only have the standing and 'walking' pose,which to be frank is really dull. I admit I'm not keen on some G3 poses (Seaspray & Donkey pose come to mind) but I still prefer them over the repetitive G4 poses.
Also,I grew up playing with G3's,which I think has caused me to have a closer bond with them. Seeing my G3's remind of being a little kid again!

PS: Can any of you remember the Dance Studio game online? I LOVED the game!

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2013, 12:43:52 PM »
I miss G3's too,in fact I've spend the majority of today reading up on G3 toys and looking at reviews. I love the variety of characters and colours,there's still tons of G3's I want for my collection,yet there's only 3 G4 brushables I can think of right now that I want. I also liked that G3's cane in many different poses,whereas the G4 brushables only have the standing and 'walking' pose,which to be frank is really dull. I admit I'm not keen on some G3 poses (Seaspray & Donkey pose come to mind) but I still prefer them over the repetitive G4 poses.
Also,I grew up playing with G3's,which I think has caused me to have a closer bond with them. Seeing my G3's remind of being a little kid again!

I found the dance studio and another one.  Just scroll down to the bottom and it's there.

Link:

http://www.hasbro.com/mylittlepony/en_US/media/browse/My-Little-Pony/_/N-6zZgtZe2/No-0?Type=games&Items=10&Ns=P_Activation_Date

Offline CupcakeLoverXx

• Colorswirl Pony
  • Pony Lover since 2012!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2013, 12:49:58 PM »

I found the dance studio and another one.  Just scroll down to the bottom and it's there.

Link:

http://www.hasbro.com/mylittlepony/en_US/media/browse/My-Little-Pony/_/N-6zZgtZe2/No-0?Type=games&Items=10&Ns=P_Activation_Date

Omigosh!! Thanks for finding this! It's going to be a very nostagic night playing these ;)

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2013, 01:01:44 PM »

Link:

Omigosh!! Thanks for finding this! It's going to be a very nostagic night playing these ;)

No problem. :)

Offline Gypsy_Nights

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolute Night Owl!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2013, 01:06:12 PM »
Yes, me too.  I was sooo excited when they first started making the G4's because they were finally making different ponies again.  Other than the G3.5 core 7.  And the begining of the G4 run was good, I thought lots of different ponies.  Too bad they didn't keep it up. 

I had really hoped they would make more of the blind bag ponies into full size ponies.   :(   Like Cherry Spices and so many others.  I would love to have as a brushable!

And I am missing the G3 ponies.  I like their shape better.  Mostly because they are very similar to the G1 molds.  I still have Tons of G3's so I get look at my collection but it was more exciting to collect them than G4 because I like them more.
~~~Me and My FiM Family~~~

My Sales Thread     My deviantART Page

Offline babylicketysplit

• Bionic Spine Pony
  • Trade Count: (+49)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • In Spite of your Fear, Do what You have to Do
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2013, 01:08:57 PM »
wow i guess some other people were feeling nostalgic too!   just saw some of the cutie cascade ponies (i still need a lot of them)  go for quite a bit more than i thought they would today! <3  :P  i think they are a member heres ponies.   but dang morning glory went for 15 loose, and so did twilight pink and a few others. 
Check out my  Esty Shop  and MyEbay Sales!
 (Profits are going to help pay for my Rescue Horse's medical bills) <3
http://myworld.ebay.com/baby_licketysplit
http://www.etsy.com/shop/PoniesAndPets

Offline BethyVic

• Let It Be/Peace & Love Pony
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • There is still a light that shines on me
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2013, 01:15:40 PM »
The G3s had some great playsets.  And their bigger sizes made playing with their hair easier. I find the re-releases of the same ponies with new outfits or accessories boring. But, I think the G4s are cute and I love the cartoon.  I still watch the G3 cartoons because they seemed to live in a more magical place.  Of course, nothing can compare to the G1s, especially for those of us that grew up with them and started our collections with them.
[email protected]

*Looking for MOC Starflash and her comb loose, MOC Peppermint Crunch and MOC Sky Rocket (sparkle) all US versions*

Offline Stormrave

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+54)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2013, 01:18:37 PM »
I actually like G4 better.  G3 just had way too many characters, many of whom weren't particularly distinct from one another.  While I wish G4 would release more of the blindbag characters as brushables (particularly the boys), I'm happy not to be overwhelmed with so many ponies any more.  I do agree though that I liked the G3 size better, and for those who collected playsets, I can see why the G3 playsets were better.

Offline CupcakeLoverXx

• Colorswirl Pony
  • Pony Lover since 2012!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2013, 01:24:35 PM »
Another thing I liked about G3 were how the magnet on the ponies hoof interacted with the playsets,I thought that was a cool idea :)

Offline Skylar

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+211)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2013, 04:54:24 PM »
I Loved G3!! Still do! It had great variety and at least looked like a horse. I miss the shelves of colors and playsets. Then Hasbro pretty much shot themselves in the foot with that Bore Seven junk. I don't care alot for G4 but there are a few that are cute. It is sad to see that Hasbro did not learn from their mistake and insist on repeating it with this mane six stuff. Are they really stupid or just have a lack of wanting to put any effort into their product?

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2013, 04:59:48 PM »
Nope.

I can't tell you how much I wanted to like them, but just didn't. I wanted to collect something pony, so bad... but I didn't want those ones. ;~; ALL those designs, and only one appealed to me (citrus sweetheart). But I can definitely appreciate why everyone likes them.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Starly

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2013, 05:31:43 PM »
It is rather unfair to compare a line that lasted several years to one that has only lasted about 2 so far, same with G1 comparisons, very unfair.

That is all I have to add.
When the Equestria Girls dolls show up in stores and you end up with unneeded doubles, PM me! I'll buy them!/i]

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal