collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Want: Mail order Mommy and Baby (How rare are they??)  (Read 472 times)

vixen_icefox

• Trade Count: (0)
Want: Mail order Mommy and Baby (How rare are they??)
« on: July 11, 2013, 09:10:57 AM »
I'm looking for the Mommy and Baby set sometimes referred to as "Mother Love" and "Beachy Keen".  They rarely come through Ebay, and I've never seen them for sale together.  Does anyone know the pricing on these two?  What should I expect to pay? Hopefully I won't have to get a third job to pay for them!  haha...   I am also looking for Clipper and a set of pearlized babies.   

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
Re: Want: Mail order Mommy and Baby (How rare are they??)
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2013, 09:23:13 AM »
Um.....They are a bit hard to find and they are not cheap. I had the set that I got a child and sold it off. I wish that I never did sell it! I think that I sold it for $250.00!!!! They even still had there pink hair with original curls.

I saw a NIP set sell for over $1000.00 and as for them loose I would say the set would be $400 and up. That was been what I have seen. I wish you luck on finding them :)

vixen_icefox

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2013, 11:10:39 AM »
WOW!   :shocked:   Holy horses, they're almost as bad as Rapunzel then.  It may take a while to even find them... so I guess that's time to save up some money, right?  haha!

Offline maycrestmom

• Trade Count: (+114)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2013, 05:08:22 PM »
I think there's a member here who has them for about that $400 - licclefreak = dunno if she still has the set, baby might be sold ... but yah, I was thinking $250 to $300 = about $150 each = is a "fair" price... kinda like MO scoops and yes, Rapunzel and such sadly

although = there have been those amazing lucky ebayers who snag 'em in lots and late at night BIN's so you never know - and there's always that yardsale :-)

hope you get a pinkie twitch to tell ya when to stop and check a thrift store :-)

all the best on your hunt!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

loves me dem green ponies (thank you Lunar!)

vixen_icefox

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2013, 06:43:58 PM »
Thanks maycrestmom!  I'll be sure to watch Ebay... and I would fall over from shock if I found them at a thrift store!  Our antique/thrift stores around here never seem to have any ponies.  I live in a college town, so maybe that's why.

Offline maycrestmom

• Trade Count: (+114)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2013, 07:14:08 PM »
yeh if you know who to avoid, I have to recommend the evilbay as there just have been too many brags to ignore it as an option...

and hmmm - you may be right if it's a college town = they all keep their toys at home and always leave just furniture behind.  I also need to travel outta the range of the snooty suburbia to have any hope - otherwise junk stores all claim to be vintage and retro and antique and boy do they mark up the junk
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

loves me dem green ponies (thank you Lunar!)

Offline cricket

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2013, 06:59:57 PM »
I just picked up that set at the fair last weekend! I paid $300.00 which included mommy, baby and the yellow play pen.  Both of them are mint with pink hair and original curl.  :biggrin: 

vixen_icefox

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2013, 07:32:04 PM »
ooh!  Wow, Cricket!  Congrats!  I can't wait til I can afford to track down my own set.  Unless they happen to come by a thrift or antique store at a huge discount.  They're in my top favorite pony list.  I just love their colors and symbols!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal