collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: UPS: I now hate you.  (Read 781 times)

Offline MaronaPossessed

• The Good Troll on the Internet
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • ...Because the internet needs more of these
    • View Profile
UPS: I now hate you.
« on: July 06, 2013, 02:14:53 PM »
I ordered a gaming controller from amazon since the price was decent and reviews are good. I got two day shipping...well...I tracked it yesterday and it said "Delivered" and "Front Door"

...I looked...where is it? And when I saw complete tracking, it said it was delivered in Gray, LA and not in my location.. :shocked:

Thankfully, Amazon refunded my purchase. And the live chat person said to wait until July 8. If I get it, I should contact them to properly pay for it.

I was looking so forward to having the controller for my tablet!!! :cry:
G4 Blind Bag Extraordinaire

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: UPS: I now hate you.
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2013, 03:54:28 PM »
Yikes!

Thank goodness for Amazon though and them quickly refunding you :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline MaronaPossessed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2013, 03:59:03 PM »
Yikes!

Yeah because that was my biggest fear. XD

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2013, 04:08:24 PM »
Yikes!

Yeah because that was my biggest fear. XD

I do wonder sometimes how many of their parcels go walkabout? And how on earth they can end up spread so far and wide :P
Loa is my love god!

Offline NinaMarie

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+77)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • NinaMarieCrochet - Cute & Floral Crochet Accessories
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2013, 01:04:51 AM »
Ooh I have a story for you about them and walkabouts..

At the private high school my father works at there is some housing where teachers or staff can live for a decent rent rate. Well just before Christmas one year UPS delivered some huge packages to one of the houses. A Lionel trainset and a an awesome toy firetruck to be exact. Well the teacher living there saw they were from Amazon and called them up. They said "oh we'll send you some new labels just take the boxes to the UPS store." The teacher said no send someone to pick them up my only vehicle is a motorcycle I can't take these big boxes anywhere. Well not sure what all happened next but it got up to months passing with Amazon not talking to this guy or seeming to care about the errant packages. Eventually the teacher let my dad have the toys. He gave the firetruck to my nephew and kept the trainset. It gets set up around the Christmas tree every year  :lol:

We wonder if Amazon just wrote these packages off as a loss and resent again or refunded the original customer. Who knows? Hearing your story also makes me wonder just how often this happens...

Offline MaronaPossessed

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2013, 04:41:14 AM »
Ooh I have a story for you about them and walkabouts..

At the private high school my father works at there is some housing where teachers or staff can live for a decent rent rate. Well just before Christmas one year UPS delivered some huge packages to one of the houses. A Lionel trainset and a an awesome toy firetruck to be exact. Well the teacher living there saw they were from Amazon and called them up. They said "oh we'll send you some new labels just take the boxes to the UPS store." The teacher said no send someone to pick them up my only vehicle is a motorcycle I can't take these big boxes anywhere. Well not sure what all happened next but it got up to months passing with Amazon not talking to this guy or seeming to care about the errant packages. Eventually the teacher let my dad have the toys. He gave the firetruck to my nephew and kept the trainset. It gets set up around the Christmas tree every year  :lol:

We wonder if Amazon just wrote these packages off as a loss and resent again or refunded the original customer. Who knows? Hearing your story also makes me wonder just how often this happens...
Ugh...on Christmas especially? I bet a boy or girl was crying about not getting her gift, or a mom and dad feeling guilty...

I just wonder if I should order my controller again if I don't get it monday...I wish amazon did USPS. I've always had great service with them (especially the nice lady at the branch in my grocery store nearby).

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2013, 07:57:30 AM »
If you have been refunded, I would simply re order. As much as there are lots of stories about packages going missing. I am sure more of them reach their intended destination than don't...other wise UPS would have been out of business a long time ago. :P
Loa is my love god!

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2013, 09:40:13 AM »
I dunno. At least you knew where it was delivered, and that you were able to get a refund.

With USPS, if it's misdelivered-- you don't know where it is... and it's a harder to get a refund... since it's harder to prove it didn't actually get to your location.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline NinaMarie

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+77)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • NinaMarieCrochet - Cute & Floral Crochet Accessories
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2013, 09:31:45 PM »
I actually prefer UPS to USPS. I've had the post office destroy more packages and and deliver empty containers to customers than I've ever had trouble with UPS. I had a large package arrive to a customer containing text books that are not sold in our store and definitely NOT what I had packed in that box. The customer sent us photos and it was indeed the box I used and our label I attached but not our product inside. :blink: That'll be a forever unsolved mystery. UPS actually has built-in insurance on their packages up to a certain value and they guarantee their deliveries to arrive in certain period. I ship mostly books so unless it is a huge expensive order it is cheaper to mail by USPS Media Mail.

My above post was more of a comment on Amazon.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal