collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New Seller - Please help  (Read 488 times)

Offline court2882

• Trade Count: (+42)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • I love pony armies!
    • View Profile
New Seller - Please help
« on: July 04, 2013, 06:33:06 AM »
Hi!

So I just sold my first two items on Ebay.  I was super happy about it, but I of course have not received any payment for either item.

I know that they put a hold on money for new sellers.  My question for you is... Will I be able to see that they have paid, even if I can't access the money?

Second,  how long is it appropriate to wait before making a claim for non-payment.

I have also seen people on here say that they can prevent people with 0 feedback from being able to buy. I found the part where you limit buyers on the individual listing, but only -1 feedback was a restriction that I could use. Is there a different place to do this?

Thank you so much.

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
Re: New Seller - Please help
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2013, 07:18:22 AM »
Yes, you can see. I recommend waiting a day, prompting them very courteously (do you get my pun? :P sorry!), and then waiting for 5 days, and filing a claim.

Best of luck!

Offline court2882

• Twinkle Eye Pony
  • I love pony armies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2013, 08:09:35 AM »
Thank you Icecrystalline.  I was so nervous to prompt someone without being sure if they had paid or not.

Court

Post Merge: July 04, 2013, 08:17:18 AM

Just got it. I am so slow sometimes.  :blush:
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 08:17:18 AM by court2882 »

Offline Lygeia

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Ebay Sales
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2013, 02:45:57 PM »
If either of your buyers are in the USA, expect a delay for the July 4th holiday :)  You have an option to "Send Invoice" which I use as a gentle reminder that payment is needed; you can write a little note on that invoice thanking them and giving any other instructions needed.

I usually put a note on the bottom of my listings that payment is required within 4 days.  After that 4 days if I haven't heard anything, I move forward with the non-payment claim.  You can set up eBay to do this for you automatically, but I don't have a ton of listings so I do it manually.
Love Birds Trinkets and Treasures on Ebay http://myworld.ebay.com/lovebirdstrinketsandtreasures :lovey:

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2013, 03:28:51 PM »
You should receive an email to tell you your item has been paid for and even though you probably wont be able to access the funds you should still see them in your paypal account. Likewise the little $ sign beside the item you have sold should go blue as soon as payment has been received.

The first couple of things. Have you sent your buyer an invoice? A lot of buyers will wait for an invoice; especially if they are out with the country in which the item is being sold or if they have purchased multiple items as they will perhaps expect international, combined shipping or some kind of extra level of shipping cover. Your buyers could be waiting to get their invoice.

As soon as possible after the ended sale, I would send your buyer an invoice. If your sale has finished and you havent sent an invoice yet, then simply send one now :) Even if your buyer is not waiting on this its a nice initial prompter for payment.

Did you put any terms & conditions on your auction at all? As to when you expect payment by? If you didn't then its up to you the pattern you set for chase and filing. I like to send a message on day 3 and then another on day 5. On day 5 the message will state that if I don't have payment [or even a response in regards payment] by the end of the 7th day, then I will unfortunately have to file. I am a sucker for extensions and if people at least communicate with me I tend to let things slide a little. But you dont have to do that - you can set the date by which you need to be paid and abide by it.

I know a lot of people like payments quicker and equally some people give longer. So you need to decide where you are comfortable, as mentioned above for me its 7 days.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline court2882

• Twinkle Eye Pony
  • I love pony armies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2013, 05:20:37 PM »
Thank you Lygeia and Cat.

I sent invoices to both yesterday.  One is at day 5 today and I sent a message, I will wait a couple more days before sending a final warning. The other I am only at day 3 so I will wait longer before sending another message.

Sigh. My first two sales! This sucks.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2013, 02:23:40 AM »
Sorry court :hug:

Let us know how it goes. Hopefully the little prompters will get you payment as soon as possible.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline court2882

• Twinkle Eye Pony
  • I love pony armies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2013, 04:12:01 PM »
One paid!  Yay!!!!!

The other one has 0 feedback :(  I'm still a little nervous.  I have now sent an invoice and a message. So we will see what happens.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2013, 02:54:56 AM »
You've already had some great advice here so I dont have anything to add,  but I'm glad to hear one of them has payed you :hug:  Unfortunately non paying bidders are a lot more common on ebay these days *sigh*  I hope the second one decides to pay up - sending the invoice/message does help :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal