collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Way overpriced ponies on ebay?  (Read 1031 times)

thekozmicpig

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Way overpriced ponies on ebay?
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2013, 01:26:12 PM »
Yeah just move on, they'll discover it once the ponies don't sell :)

Or they could be like that one auction I've watched since April that keeps getting relisted for the same price.

Gotta admire that level of dedication. $20 or bust for three months.

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2013, 01:48:47 PM »
I am noticing this too!

But like others have said, people won't be able to sell them at silly prices and will have to eventually lower their prices.
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2013, 02:44:59 PM »
Oh I have seen many over priced ponies. Just move on that is the best thing to do.

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2013, 02:51:04 PM »
Sometimes I just have to giggle and shake my head. Or watch it til they lower the price :lol: I watched a winger Sunglider star near $30 then get relisted twice and I snatched her up when she went to $20 :) But a lot of times they'll be relisted at the same price over and over. I watched and over priced Pristina for a long time, hoping for a drop in price. But then someone bought her so I guess they didn't mind paying the higher price :lol:
My Wish List

Ianthe99

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2013, 03:48:18 PM »
Sometimes I just have to giggle and shake my head. Or watch it til they lower the price :lol: I watched a winger Sunglider star near $30 then get relisted twice and I snatched her up when she went to $20 :) But a lot of times they'll be relisted at the same price over and over. I watched and over priced Pristina for a long time, hoping for a drop in price. But then someone bought her so I guess they didn't mind paying the higher price :lol:

Oh, I did this too, with a Cabbage Patch Kid. She was just more than I wanted to pay.. but someone bought her about after me watching her get relisted about 3 times. Ah well.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2013, 04:45:11 AM »
I don't think I would call it greed. These ponies belong to the seller - they can pretty much charge whatever they please for them. The key is we dont have to buy or even bother with the auctions. Perhaps the pony is of such value to them that they only want to sell if they get that super high figure, perhaps they didn't do research and assume old = expensive or perhaps they are simply looking to get as much as they can. Whichever one it is, I would and do just click by and ignore.

There are plenty of things to stress out in pony collecting, over priced ponies is certainly a frustrating one but unless every Posey on ebay suddenly shot up to a BIN equalling the mispriced one, then I see no actual problem.

As mentioned maybe the ponies will be stuck on ebay forever or maybe someone will happily pay over the odds to get something they really want.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Pythia

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2013, 05:01:53 AM »
There's at least a couple of sellers out there who have a lot of ponies on ebay that are waaaaay overpriced. it's pretty frustrating, especially when they're Nirvanas that don't come up very often, and you can see them, sitting there for sale, but obviously you don't want to pay over twice what they're worth!

I think it's actually pretty sneaky and underhanded, especially when at least some of those sellers are collectors (some on here) who know what the real values are and are still just trying to fool unsuspecting buyers into paying ridiculous amounts.
Looking for: Alternate Birthflowers, Baity wingers, So softs - both minty and for deflocking - and DREAM BEAUTIES!

Offline ravengusty

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2013, 05:49:57 AM »
I think there will always be overpricing on ebay because some people buy the stuff. I questioned the price of something recently because i didn't expect to see it so high (to me) but the boardie selling the pony said she was trying to get back what she paid which to me is fair dos if I pay £60 for something and know it's popular I'd want to try get my money back too.

I think with rarer more expensive ponies I'll be checking out the arena first before ebay and also for really common ones because you can get a few commons off here with delivery to the UK is often the same as just one common over here (at times not always but at times)
my new fan page https://www.facebook.com/princessofpowerukfan
:socks:
Just so you know...I open boxes! My cash, my pony, my choice  :biggrin:
Respect to Box lovers you have stronger will than I do...peace  :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal