collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Melody and Seashell - really the same hair colour?  (Read 582 times)

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
Melody and Seashell - really the same hair colour?
« on: July 02, 2013, 08:46:56 AM »
Hey there, if anyone has a moment I'd be so grateful if you could take a peek at these girls and tell me if they really do have the same hair colour? Thank you!!xxx
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Melody and Seashell - really the same hair colour?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2013, 10:34:48 AM »
Yes, it is exactly the same.

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2013, 11:34:03 AM »
Ditto! :)
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2013, 01:21:06 PM »
 :biggrin:

Thank you so much!! Update and pics soon

xxx
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2013, 05:36:13 PM »
I think sometimes pony body colour doesnt help in pictures. Making some pony hair appear different shades than it actually is.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2013, 06:28:20 PM »
Painting time usually looks revolting in photographs due to the colour balance. Does her hair really clash as much or is she look pretty?  :)

DancingPhoenix

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2013, 06:48:00 PM »
Body color definitely affects how the pony's hair looks. Another example of that is one of Fizzy's "green" stripes is the same as Gusty's hair! It looks much greener on Gusty than it does on Fizzy though.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2013, 01:37:19 AM »
Painting time usually looks revolting in photographs due to the colour balance. Does her hair really clash as much or is she look pretty?  :)

I actually think she is quite pretty in person or at least I dont think her hair clashes at all. So I am guessing it is a photograph thing with her.
Loa is my love god!

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2013, 08:50:18 PM »
OK so I got my Seashell and goodness me, she is baity. No tail, yellowed like only a lilac my little pony can be with a symbol smear and horrible chew marks in both ears. I've not bothered to buy the tail I was planning on as that is the least of my worries! It will be a labour of love.

Can't believe I missed a NM Seashell for about £2 on ebay last week (misnamed) but no, I'm going to be philosophical about it. I have my Seashell! If anyone has a Seashell/Medley donor tail in thier bait box to sell or any up-to-date ideas about reducing the yellowing please I'd love to hear from you...xxx

p.s. pics soon

Post Merge: July 08, 2013, 08:52:25 PM

I actually think she is quite pretty in person or at least I dont think her hair clashes at all. So I am guessing it is a photograph thing with her.

Thanks Hathorcat! If I see her around I might try and buy her now, I love the symbol =)
« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 08:52:25 PM by Artemesia Floc »

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2013, 01:37:35 AM »
Your best bets on the yellow are initially magic eraser and then a sun fade.
Loa is my love god!

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2013, 05:31:38 PM »
Your best bets on the yellow are initially magic eraser and then a sun fade.

I did warm water with Vanish Oxy Action (30 minute soak) then wash in normal soap followed by Magic Eraser. She looks a lot prettier but now there is a noticeable difference between body and head colour. The head colour is the expected fresh lilac but the body is a darker and warmer colour. It could have been like that already just masked by dirt or I'm wondering whether the body still contained traces of tail rust and it's reacted with the vanish somehow. I wasn't too upset as she was in a right state anyway! Still to try sunfading and will try the body only tomorrow. I'm also designing a selection of scarfs for her ha ha oops.

Please see below (check out the chew marks). Instructions: Click the dropdown menu next to 'presentation' and choose 'from the beginning'. Then click the full screen icon:
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1vxTd6Zfmp-ksIa05oWKJmFcFo4uwYlLNqVmxYRdJdTs/edit?usp=sharing

One more thing - I may be able to get a baity Tutti Fruitti donor tail - does anypony know if this is the same green as Seashell/Medley?

Thanks ladies!!!xxx

Post Merge: July 09, 2013, 08:56:13 PM

OK I just found the following info about rust:

http://laundry.about.com/od/stainremoval/f/howtoremoverust.htm

Apparently chlorine bleach sets rust stains and makes them permanent. Tiny particles of iron oxide may hang around inside your pony even if you can't see them so this seems like a good reason not to use sodium hypochlorite bleach.

This link says to use salt and lemon juice and failing that, ammonia http://chemistry.about.com/od/cleaningtips/a/removerust.htm
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 08:57:08 PM by Artemesia Floc »

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2013, 02:20:13 PM »
Toothpaste and a baking soda paste work wonderfully for tail rust too. And yes I have used and suggested lemon juice mixed with salt in the past - if you also add  cornflower to the mix it gives you a nice paste which almost works as an exfoliate.

The head/body difference is relatively common in ponies of this colour so its probably nothing you have not and perfectly normal.

Yes Tuttis hair colour is also Lucky Clover. 
Loa is my love god!

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2013, 03:12:00 PM »
Thanks Hathorcat for all the advice I really appreciate it!!xxx

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal