collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: We're going to Barcelona for a week - updated [pic heavy!] ^^  (Read 1145 times)

Offline Loona

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
yesterday night we finally booked the hotel, the plain the night before, so for now it seems official: we'll leave on Monday, and depart the next Monday ^^
(my wish for our honeymoons was Norway*, but we decided that is too expensive for us now :( maybe someday  ^.^ )
though I'm interested in the city and the sea, being the girl I am, I definitely plan on visiting flea markets, thrift stores and shops. I have already started to browse the web, but I thought I should give it a try and ask here - maybe someone lives there or has been there and has better, more personal advices :)

would you please recommend any places to visit if I would like to find ponies (G1, G2), Furbys (the older ones, not the ones available in shops now), Tamagotchis, Moxie Teenz, MH Sig Rochelle or black and white SS Frankie?
would you recommend a beach with sea life to watch and shells to collect?

*my second wish. my ultimate honeymoon destination was Pripyat, but the husband objected, saying I should go there for a honeymoon with someone else. I didn't give it up, now my plan is to go there next year, as a 30th birthday present for myself. if he doesn't come, he doesn't come :P
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 02:46:14 PM by Loona »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My lovely awareness adoptable was created by HollowZero.

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
Have fun on your trip!

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
    • View Profile
No advice but it sounds like fun :)

Take plenty of pictures^^

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline Loona

• View Profile
thank you to both of you!
I sure hope it will be fun (as long as the weather won't be bad and Aunt Flo won't arrive for her monthly visit it should be!).

I'll take lots of pictures, of this I'm sure. I'm even thinking of bringing someone from my herd along (I don't have a travel pony, but I do have two who have occasionally travelled with me already. I'm leaning towards my rasta Beachcomber since we're about to visit the beach as well, but I won't be able to take photos of her other than on the beach, so I'm not sure). I was also planning to ask my sister to lend me her waterproof digi camera, as I wanted to try out underwater photos in live water, but unfortunately I don't think she can, as they are also going for a holiday on just the same week...

Offline Loona

• View Profile
bumping this thread just for this one time (I hope it's not a problem), maybe someone who could help missed it ^^

just 2 days and we'll already be there! I can't wait to see the Sagrada Familia, and to swim in the sea! I even thrifted a cool diving mask yesterday, I remember what countless hours (days!) of fun I had observing the sea from underwater back in '98 with a similar mask my uncle brought with him when we visited Greece with my family, him and my aunt :frolic:

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
Have a great time!  I've always wanted to visit Pripyat as well.  It intrigues me to no end.

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

Offline Loona

• View Profile
Re: We're going to Barcelona for a week - updated with pics ^^
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2013, 02:44:53 PM »
I'm so sorry for taking so long to update! I got flooded with work the very day we got back home T____T

we had a great time! not much rest though, hubby (it still is strange to say and doesn't come as instant as "my boyfriend" :P ) and I are the kinds of people who don't go on holiday to have a rest, but to see and check out everything possible! so we ended up walking at least 10 kms a day, sometimes closer to 20! but it was well worth it, the whole trip was memorable (and will stay with us, not only in our memories, but also on the 1000+ pictures we made).
here is one for you ^^ this is me at Sagrada Familia:

I also took some pics of my two companions who travelled with us. in the end I chose Rasta Beachcomber and Szepi (Baby Count-a-lot, who is a childhood pony whom I always called Szepi - meaning something like "Freckles" because of her freckles). here they are:

Szepi checking out the nice view in Park Güell

Beachcomber chilling in a... fountain? (maybe just a tiny pond with a gargoyle :P ) making friends with a gargoyle ^^

Szepi proudly posed at Sagrada Familia the following night when we went back to see it at night as well

...and here is Szepi with a bunch of small shells  ^.^

collection-wise I didn't find anything in shops that was to my interest (and within my budget. I would have loved to get a new Furby. just not for the price they went for :/ ), but I did find a flea market, and I came home with some goodies I seriously love!

I took a brag pic:

I'm a Furby collector, so I was thrilled to find these two furballs, and - when I put batteries in them in the hotel - even more happy to find out they work and speak Spanish! I didn't yet have a Spanish Furby. sometimes I did play with the thought of ordering one from eBay, but they always sold for prices I was not willing to pay. now I don't only have two Spanish Furbys of my own, but they also come with a sweet memory of our trip - furbabies whom I find accidentally somethere are always more dear to me than any eBay finds and buys.

I love Lanard fakies (mainly because of 2 special childhood ones), so I was so happy to find this pink guy whom I call Unicorn Boy. I suppose his mohawk is not his original, as he does have some longer strands of hair, but I like him with this mohawk a lot! in addition, he is my first Lanard unicorn - I'm not even sure I knew they exist :blush:

I'm so happy about the Moxie Girls as well, especially about Lexa, whom I call Emily. I almost left her there, as I didn't like her price (3 Euros for her, nude and without feet - and really, really dirty), but in the end I ran back and was also able to get a discount (got her for 2 Euros) because I complained about her feet :P thankfully she cleaned up well, I couldn't believe how beautiful her hair turned out after remembering her original mess of locks! her hair is darker than that of the Lexas I've seen so far, maybe this is why I can't look at her as Lexa, but Emily just popped out of my head every time I looked at her, so I guess she will stay Emily. here she is fully dressed, chilling on my pillow:

and last but not least... that Liv wig. this wig was a dream wig for my Moxie Teenz Tristen, and I've almost ordered Liv Daniela a couple of times just to have this wig (the reason why almost is the same as with Spanish Furbys), so finding it was almost unbelievable! here is Tristen in the wig - now she feels complete!

Offline Thrice

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • I drop science.
    • View Profile
Re: We're going to Barcelona for a week - updated [pic heavy!] ^^
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2013, 03:59:08 PM »
Oh my gosh, how fun!!! I loved Barcelona when I got to visit. Is the Sagrada Familia *still* under construction? I thought it was supposed to be finished by 2007.

Offline Navi

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2013, 04:12:27 PM »
Nice! I love that you let your seapony go for a little swim too :)  I think pony vacation pictures are the best!
 :heart: Minty! :heart:

Seeking Petite Ponies (trade/wish list)
Formerly known as navichan.

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+137)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2013, 05:16:10 AM »
Wonderful photos! Thanks for sharing! Are you back already? It seems you had an amazing time!

Offline Cadence

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • The Polyglot Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2013, 10:58:02 PM »
Too cute! Bellísimas fotos! I love Barcelona, though I haven't been there myself. Looks like you and your ponies had a great time! :)
 || Sig by LunaCat || :fox: :heart:

Offline Vintergatan

• Knight of the Ebon Blade
  • Trade Count: (+36)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2013, 08:38:58 AM »

*my second wish. my ultimate honeymoon destination was Pripyat, but the husband objected, saying I should go there for a honeymoon with someone else.

lol :)

Lovely photos Loona! I especially love the one with Beachcomber! It should be in tourist guides :D
~怕眼里月光 会淋湿你的翅膀~

Offline Loona

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2013, 01:19:07 PM »
thank you everyone!  :grouphug:

@Thrice: yes, it is still under construcion :blink: to be honest I think this construction thing is a little ridiculous - I am starting to suspect the ongoing construction is a weird way of marketing, lol :P I can't believe it couldn't have been finished long ago, for such a building (even on the world heritage list) it shouldn't be so difficult to gather the money...
...this, or Mr. Gaudí was a funny guy and created a puzzle game around the costruction. like... "once you have finished this part, go [there and there], find [this and that I hid there] and follow the instructions to continue the construction" :P
also, I am starting to worry about the buliding. the type of rock they are using (at least the one they have used to construct the older part - I'm not sure if they are using the same now) is a sedimentary rock that seems to be too porous and thus weathers easily. this is the same rock as the one they used for the bulidings in Park Güell (I did see this rock around in openings on local mountains, so I guess it's a local rock), and many parts of the park are already separated from tourists via fences because (it seems) the bulidings became less stable as the rock is weathering. I wouldn't be surprised if by the time the construcion of the other side of the church has been finished, they had to start again with renovating the older parts because of the heavy weathering of the rocks  :huh:

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2013, 07:20:24 AM »
Looks like you had fun and goodies are always a plus. Thanks for sharing pics, it looks like you went to quite a few lovely places!

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2013, 07:49:59 AM »
what beautiful pictures!  Looks like you had a lot of fun :)

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal