collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Brony Fist bump  (Read 2563 times)

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Brony Fist bump
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2013, 12:29:48 PM »
I scared some teenage boy wearing a "Drama" Pony shirt.  I got way too excited and yelled "BRONY!" as I approached him.  The look on his face was priceless, but I felt bad for scaring him so I kept walking ^_^

edit:  What the hay?  We can't say :muffin: Pony? :muffin: Pony :muffin: Pony :muffin: Pony! 

hehehehe, Grumpy Cat <3

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2013, 12:42:38 PM »
Male bronies can be pretty shy, maybe owing to gender norms? I approach them gently... Give a nod and a "nice shirt" and see where it goes from there.

Now I'm imagining a nature documentary revealing the habitat and lifestyle of the skittish male brony. XD
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2013, 12:55:39 PM »
I also scared a cosplayer dressed as Pinkie Pie the same day, so maaaaaaybe it's me.  When I saw her, I yelled "PINKIE!  It's YOU!" and I had a goofy grin on my face.  She made a "meep" noise and then I was embarassed.  I told her I liked her outfit, but she was still in shock...although her Fluttershy friend seemed amused...

Male bronies can be pretty shy, maybe owing to gender norms? I approach them gently... Give a nod and a "nice shirt" and see where it goes from there.

Now I'm imagining a nature documentary revealing the habitat and lifestyle of the skittish male brony. XD

LoL, I'm imagining setting up a blind in a toy store to capture footage of the male brony in his natural habitat.  Instead of leaves/camo print, the blind will be covered in images from FiM.  :lol:

Offline snwbear24

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2013, 01:16:46 PM »
My bf and I were at hot topic looking at pony stuff and a worker comes over to my bf and was like brony hoof my bf isn't a brony even though he knows a lot from me. My bf looked at him and was like there is even a secret brony handshake?? lol
Looking For these to complete my G4's!!  :biggrin:
Royal Gem Carriage w/ Star Swirl

Looking For these G1's to complete US collection!!
Bushwoolies- Cheery, Hugster, and Chumster

Offline FoolBornUnicorn

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • Dragon Slayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2013, 01:23:26 PM »
My little brother is a brony.  :)
He's really confident about it. Going up to other people with pony merch he sees to bro hoof. He's only into FiM, but he respects the older gens. Which I find some bronies don't. He even helps me with spa days sometimes. :lol:
You should have seen how amazed he was when I got him a Funko Fluttershy for his birthday. :lol:
He's a pretty cool little dude.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline reanna-mator

• MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2013, 01:25:29 PM »
If we have trouble getting our specimens to approach the blind, perhaps we could bait them with images of G4 Minty. :P

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Domingo

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2013, 01:33:40 PM »
If we have trouble getting our specimens to approach the blind, perhaps we could bait them with images of G4 Minty. :P

That probably wouldn't work. For it to work, Minty would have to have been a character for half a millionth of a second without dialogue so they could make her popular and annoyingly everywhere.
I vote for Vinyl Scratch or the ever-infallible D.H.! They work every time :lol:

Offline reanna-mator

• MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2013, 01:34:49 PM »

That probably wouldn't work. For it to work, Minty would have to have been a character for half a millionth of a second without dialogue so they could make her popular and annoyingly everywhere.
I vote for Vinyl Scratch or the ever-infallible D.H.! They work every time :lol:

Actually, Minty has a bit of a following in the brony community. The latest Equestria Daily poll asks which previous gen pony they'd like to see in FiM, and she came in just after Firefly and Surprise, beating Posey and Gusty. :)

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2013, 02:03:46 PM »

I had a friend of mine say something similar, regarding MLP plus gender. That people may question my gender (ie liking a female toy plus I have long hair). She wasn't being mean, it was more "you should like what you like. Who cares".

I've had people comment on my Ms D messenger bag. I just nod and smile. Though it is tricky. I remember catching seven kinds of heck for playing with MLP's as a little kid (early 80s). Even now, I still sometimes expect the worst. And am always surprised when (like my friend), am greeted with "that's cool. Hey I like that. Or be yourself." :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal