collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Why Do We Collect......  (Read 667 times)

moondancer

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Why Do We Collect......
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2013, 10:59:03 PM »
Because reality sucks and ponies are a magical escape to a fantasy world of awesomeness.

Ianthe99

« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2013, 04:25:53 AM »
Its a great question and I guess we all have different reasons....So what's your reason....let us all know...Mine is easy its that moment when you turn the corner at a trift store or yard sale and there it IS :shocked: a crazy huge pile of ponies or that ONE you have been hunting for....WHAT A RUSH  :P

That's about right.  (except, I collect lots of different toys. Mostly so it's easier to get my rush! :-P)

Offline Stormrave

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+54)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2013, 06:09:25 AM »
I collected and played with ponies as a child.  There are certain times of year I think of ponies and good memories.  I also like how ponies helped me make friends AS A GROWNUP when I was new in this city.  I still like handling and displaying my ponies, and...

This might sound goofy but...

When I was about twelve I told my ponies that even though I was going to grow up I would always love them and look after them.  So far, so good :)

Offline katrine2309

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Every day is someone's birthday - celebrate it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2013, 06:26:37 AM »
Childhood memories! Which is probably why I don't bother with getting ponies I never knew about or remember from that time. In addition to my own childhood ponies I only have ten ponies that I bought at a later stage (grown-up stage).

And oh - because they are so cute! (I guess it is kind of obvious that I collect G1s ;) )
Visit my Flickr for doll & pony pictures!

My wantlist - pony wear, backcards & puffy/flat stickers

Looking for Puffy Stickers: Ripple (seapony), Gypsy and Gusty on original backing

Noepse

« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2013, 07:45:32 AM »
It's simple, they make me happy.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2013, 07:52:18 AM »
It's fun to collect things, especially if there is a challenge-  I love looking checking out my doll n pony shelves and re-arranging everything...

Offline Tap Dancer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Dance 'n Prance with me! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2013, 07:59:40 AM »
I had a very happy childhood. Good memories and feelings are associated with my old toys. I guess that's also why I love old cartoons so much. :heart:

Offline LadySiha

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • I'll meet you across the sea...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2013, 08:23:44 AM »
A few reasons, I guess.
I do sort of collect things.... sort of... mostly vintage video games (NES and SNES are my favorites, but I have some orignial PlayStation gems, too), and the occasional Hello Kitty thing...  You should see my kitchen!  When I moved away from home, my mom started getting me all the Hello Kitty appliances :frolic:
I like cute things, in general.  I have all manner of cute (and often Japanese) things around my home.  My ponies fit in very nicely alongside all of my Hello Kitties, Domo-kun plushes, chibi Final Fantasy characters and even a red amigurumi cthulhu that looks an awful lot like Zoidberg!
Looking at them just makes me happy.  Seriously, I have a bad day and I look at my ponies and it actually makes me feel a bit better.  Especially my blind bag Pinkie Pies that a friend gave me - after telling me that I'm their personal Pinkie Pie.
Finally, my parents never had a lot of money.  They gave me what they could, and gave me an awful lot of love, but I never really got a lot of toys.  So now, I have some disposable income, and I can give myself something I couldn't have when I was a kid.  I think it's the same reason that NES ans SNES games are my favorite kind to collect. 

However, just like anything else I collect, I'm by no means a completionist... I just tend to pick up the things I like (like my Gingerbread, Sugarberry or Quackers) or that jog some lovely nostalgic memory for me (like the Up, Up and Away my best friend got me when I was 3 or 4 years old) :)

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2013, 08:53:29 AM »
Because I want to.  I don't need another reason.
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline CrazyCatPony

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • 1st step is to admit you have a problem, i dont :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2013, 09:01:15 AM »
because i LOVE ponies and whenever i find a new one or one at a thrift store it just makes my day! I love to look at them and arrange them, they are my little happy pills! collecting is fun but i have been holding on to all my ponies since i was a kid. then when they came back out in the early 2000's i totally freaked out and bought all the ones i could find.... stoped again with the 3.5's then G4's came out and back on the collecting wagon i went (sadly i could never find the G2's when they were out and thought ponies where gone forever)

Offline ravengusty

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2013, 09:04:46 AM »
I'm also a collector personality type kinda sorta  :shocked:

But with ponies its mostly because of nostalgia, stress relief, a boost when i'm feeling down and a reminder that there are some really wonderful things in the world  :biggrin:
my new fan page https://www.facebook.com/princessofpowerukfan
:socks:
Just so you know...I open boxes! My cash, my pony, my choice  :biggrin:
Respect to Box lovers you have stronger will than I do...peace  :)

thekozmicpig

« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2013, 11:39:03 AM »
Because I like 'em.

Also because I am a competitionist and this is the worst personal type to start collecting and as a result my wallet hates me

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal