collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Is it me or is ebay full of morons???  (Read 1357 times)

Offline midnightsun

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
Is it me or is ebay full of morons???
« on: July 01, 2013, 05:07:32 AM »
I swear ebay is getting worse for both buyers and sellers. Recently I bought 3 items from 3 different sellers, 2 of the items were covered in fluff and human hair(not nessecarily from the head either) both sellers say that its just because its a second hand item. But seriously EW!!! Surely you clean stuff up before sending it. I've also had another seller that didn't check their own listing and I got only half the item and they are being a pain in the backside to deal with. If I send it back I'm going to be seriously out of pocket.

Plus why are so many byers not paying up. I've sold the same item twice and both buyers haven't paid up. Its getting a bit stupid.

Sorry for the rant but these people are really peeing me off.

Offline Ginger

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • TE Bright Eyes Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Re: Is it me or is ebay full of morons???
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2013, 05:58:28 AM »
I hear ya! It's sad, but when I sell a small chunk of items I usually count on at least 1-2 people not paying. I also get many panic-toned messages asking me where their packages are when I already provided tracking+shipment information and only two days have passed. XD Lots of people are new and not familiar with how it works, but the frequency of the issues that come up is annoying.

That hair experience you had is disgusting!!! :crazy: I had that problem with a PP pony I got. Hair stuck in her mane.. of all sorts. Mostly pet hair though, that made it a little more bearable. Sadly most of my problems with ebay sellers are for ponies for some reason. Everything else is usually just fine.

I just want to hurry up and sell everything I need to and then be done with it all.

Now I am ranting too, Lol!! Sorry, I sympathize. XD
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Wanted | Flickr | Tumblr | PonyDex

Offline hokuspokus

• Undiscovered 8th pony in the 7TALES series
  • Trade Count: (+108)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Touch my plastic face
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2013, 06:29:57 AM »
I totally get the fact you get annoyd by this...

As a buyer on ebay, i don't understand the non-paying buyers. Why bidding when you know you're not going to pay?! Sigh.

Well i hope the 3rd time will be right and the buyer pays up this time. For sellers who don't send everything that was in the auction & being a pain in the behind i'd say report ebay/paypal. I had to do it once and got my money back fair and square :)

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2013, 06:51:17 AM »
Yes I am getting sick of that.  I do not understand why people put ponies up for sale and don't even bother to brush their hair and present them nicely.  I am not even going to discuss what I have found in pony wear lots. I always wash everything, then I run a sticky roller over it.  I can't imagine sending someone a hair.  I try so hard to avoid that.  Sellers now days just toss the filthy item in a box withing nothing and leave all the disgusting clean up to you. Bug poo and everything else. ARGH

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline midnightsun

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2013, 09:06:31 AM »
I'm so glad I'm not the only one(well in a way I wish I was cos there really shouldn't be that many annoying people in the world).

The sellers with the hair blamed me for being picky. Apparently its quite common to send things with hair and other stuff and I shouldn't complain, one actually lectured me about it. Needless to say they both got bad feedback. I always clean my items, in fact anything to be sold gets cleaned then out in a sealed bag to make sure it doesn't get dirty, I even clean out used boxes/envelopes after having a problem once. I wouldn't send anything in a condition I wouldn't want to recieve it.

The seller who didn't send half the item again blamed me for being unreasonable, because I asked for a partial refund a few £s, I really wanted the item and it was far to expensive to send back. Apparently its against policy so i'm a bit miffed but it was easier/cheaper than sending it back cos I'm sure they would have found a way of getting out of a refund, they were far to suspicious.

Offline Sugar

• Norwegian Fnord Pony
  • Trade Count: (+81)
  • Sock/earring fiend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2013, 11:32:20 AM »
Alas, eBay is no more full of morons than the rest of the world... we are just spoiled with all the wonderful ponyfolk here on the Arena, that it seems magnified even more when we shop elsewhere. ;)

That said, I've had some fantastic experiences with sellers on eBay and Etsy both - including items I've purchased that have arrived like wonderful unbirthday presents.  (Seriously!  Confetti, extras, bright packing material, and lovely notes... the whole kit & kaboodle!)  But I have had some that leave me shaking my head.

Case in point:  this little Wind Drifter I got in a lot recently.

Hair's not too bad, but she was filthy... and I'm still not sure what the hay was stuck to her shoulder... :X  Thankfully, I have dish gloves, and she cleaned up nicely without my having to touch the yuck.  But she arrived like that, outta the box. :brow:  You'd think folks would understand that they are being judged somewhat by the items they're sending and the condition they're in... but you'd be wrong. :sigh:

People of eBay, perhaps? :lol:

As for buyers... no clue.  I don't sell on eBay, and with all I've heard about it, I don't think I'm gonna. :huh:

Thanks to Sourdough stomper for my Advent signature, and to Nence for my avatar! :lovey:
Wishlist - I'm back on (semi-) active buying again... can't buy everything on my wish list all at once (yay, back-to-school and tuition fees), but I am still looking to plump up my collection a bit more: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,380638.0.html
Sales/trades - http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381378.msg1572410#msg1572410

Offline ravengusty

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2013, 11:37:27 AM »
I always pay for my items  :biggrin: if there is something ending before payday i will message the seller and ask if they will hold it till my payday if I bid and win if they say no i don't bid and if they say yes i hit that bid button yeh baby.

I had a rapsberry jam with 'a couple' of pen marks more like a whole pen full and g3 Royal Bouquet who was in a lot with a couple of others described as 'played with some small pen marks' she had horrible pink highlighter goo all over one side of her that wouldn't come off some sellers can be butt heads.

Some buyers can too though  :huh:
my new fan page https://www.facebook.com/princessofpowerukfan
:socks:
Just so you know...I open boxes! My cash, my pony, my choice  :biggrin:
Respect to Box lovers you have stronger will than I do...peace  :)

Offline MaronaPossessed

• The Good Troll on the Internet
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • ...Because the internet needs more of these
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2013, 12:07:46 PM »
The world and the internet is full of morons. Sad truth :huh:

I always pay within a day on ebay on submitting an offer or buying it now. Speaking of the gross experience...

I sold a super nintendo on ebay. Before I sold it, I inspected it and noticed all the mildew in hidden areas. :shocked: I couldn't just put it on ebay like that! So before selling it, I took a disinfecting wipe (or another...lost count at like 7 wipes) and gave it a thorough clean and I tested it.

Not because it's gross...you don't know what's been there and you don't know how contagious stuff like that could be :X
G4 Blind Bag Extraordinaire

Offline LightingElectricDream

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Collecting Since 2002 -
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2013, 12:53:13 PM »
So far I have only had one problem, I bought a lot of 8 ponies, "so soft bouncy", "bow tie", "firefly", "milky way" and more.. It was 2 very second purtchous and for my first lot big lot it was grate, Until they arrived in news paper..  :facepalm: .. they had ink stains on them from the news paper, and poor "bouncy"! being a so soft and all. However I did get the ink out of most of them. "bouncy" only has a black mark on her mouth where she has flocking loss. and poor "bow tie" has a few minor back marks on her. "milky way" may have a mark too. but they are really minor and didn't ruin them. I mean they needed a hair brush and body wash. So I kindly asked the seller that is they ship ponies again that they not use news paper. I was a bit upset but not devastated.

I think my main complain is the driving prices of ponies now. back when I was 9 in 2001 and later..they where a good price. You could get a lot of things then that are now nearly impossible to buy as in spend THAT kind of cash!

Some one said I remember when Oakley was only $20 back in year 2000.
and now he is $200
I know I complain about Oakley price a lot. But he is my favorite and I feel bad that a lot of people that want him can't get him just because of the price.
just last September when I got mine in a craigs list lot, I looked up his price in September October November he was $40 to $60
I feel blessed I got him in the Craigslist lot. I just wish others could afford him for their collection too.

The animal friends go for quite a bit I know, but over the past few months I can't even get hoppy for $30 anymore. now hes $50 to $100
from what I have come across. not all of them I am sure.

But the pony prices are just insane. more so from non collectors..
" here's a dirty common sundance for $60!!! Buy now! Don't miss this offer! for an original ultra rare sundance my pretty pony!!!!
 :facepalm: :throw:

anyway that's my rant.
:accomplished:

Offline Tap Dancer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dance 'n Prance with me! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2013, 01:55:31 PM »
I rarely use eBay anymore and when I do, I only look at "Buy It Now" items. I pay as soon as I hit the button in hopes that the seller will mail my item in the next day or two. I've been pretty lucky on eBay, but I usually buy MIB/MOC. With that said, I rarely make purchases now because things are too expensive. :( If I know the seller is a good one with nice, clean, near mint ponies, I don't mind them being loose.

Offline plushroo

• Trade Count: (+252)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • princess Cotton Candy
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2013, 02:02:18 PM »
If it's second hand items purchased from estate sales, etc., it's to be expected since most sellers are too busy to clean an item and just want money. Sad. At least say the item may be dirty so we can be prepared. I've also gotten hair and other yuck in some of my purchases and make sure to wash my hands afterwards cause who knows where they came from? If I'm selling something, I try to at least wipe it down with baby wipes. One experience I had was back when I started collecting mlp. I got a lot off of ebay with a taf Ribbon in it that looked like she had old coca cola in her mane. Yuck!

Offline LightingElectricDream

• Dabbles Pony
  • Collecting Since 2002 -
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2013, 02:25:19 PM »
Oh Just got my package today! I'll post up a brag later. But I did get seaflower and sparkle dancer for $10. and sea flower is near mint!
Sparkle dancer has more problems than I thought, Her eye paint is scratched. and she had rust inside of her. pop-ed her head off and found Mica from the ocean inside her. That would explain  why her rust was bad. I wore a wire necklace while swimming and it rusted the next day.
She was not explained with problems of any kind. But I don't mind the work or that she is not mint. as I wanted sea flower to begin with. I'll give them 100% plus they shipped the same day I won and paid for the item. so over all it was a really grate buy! I am perfectly happy with it.

Just wish sellers would note problems better.
:accomplished:

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2013, 03:31:00 PM »
Yep, I know what you mean. Ebay used to be so fun to sell on. I would get excited to see the watchers and bidders, wondering if it would go higher lol. But I've had so many NPB that I just do BIN with immediate payment required. Takes the fun out of auctions, but at least it secures payment.

I just got through selling some stuff on ebay. One guy was rude, but thankfully the transaction was fine except for a few bumps. Another guy didn't send me his correct address so it got sent back to me. Luckily he didn't fuss about having to pay for shipping again. I used to have perfectly smoothe transactions 100% of the time, but now I expect to encounter at least one or two problems when selling XD
My Wish List

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2013, 12:38:58 AM »
I rarely use eBay anymore and when I do, I only look at "Buy It Now" items. I pay as soon as I hit the button in hopes that the seller will mail my item in the next day or two. I've been pretty lucky on eBay, but I usually buy MIB/MOC. With that said, I rarely make purchases now because things are too expensive. :( If I know the seller is a good one with nice, clean, near mint ponies, I don't mind them being loose.
Same here :I well, except for the "rarely use ebay part"... I've been scouting around the arena lately for ponies XD
MIB/MOC are waaay too expensive, and in all of my times from getting ponies from ebay, I've never had a filthy pony :s
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2013, 10:25:09 AM »
That's why we ask people to report Bad Traders and Sellers on the Trader Support Board so I can add them to my list.  There are categories for timewasters, non-payment, and filthy filthy items!  ;)
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal