collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Aurgh! Anyone having luck with Applejack and Octavia yet?  (Read 4490 times)

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
Re: Aurgh! Anyone having luck with Applejack and Octavia yet?
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2013, 06:44:07 AM »
I found Rarity at Walmart, but passed her up. I was short on cash and was hoping to find her somewhere other than Walmart. Though I would probably cave if I found Octavia.
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline melipuffles

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2013, 07:59:54 AM »
I found a tiny Applejack...but I want the big one and Octavia. :(

Offline RavenFeather

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2013, 08:21:08 AM »
Finally got a shipment of Applejack and Rarity at the Walmart I work at! No Octavia yet, but at least 7 Applejacks!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Thanks Bronely!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2013, 08:31:41 AM »
THey're probably just selling out lightning fast.  There are seriously never any plushies or ponies in stock EVER at my Target (except walking talking Pinkie)... much less the more highly sought ones.

Lightning Twirl

« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2013, 08:46:30 AM »
Finally got a shipment of Applejack and Rarity at the Walmart I work at! No Octavia yet, but at least 7 Applejacks!!

Yay someone else here who works there! xD I honestly went overnite there not just for good pay but  to get first pick of the newest ponies and get a 10% discount on them! x3 More money for ponies and what I pay just gets cycled back to me through payday and bonuses! LOL!
« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 08:48:58 AM by Lightning Twirl »

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2013, 08:50:53 AM »
I am looking for the Rarity and AJ 5 inchers.  Shipping the bigger ones to UK is just too expensive.  :cry:

Smyths Toy Stores carry the Funrise Plush - that should be cheaper for you if you have one locally. And Argos also have the 20inch Pinkie.

It wouldn't surprise me if some stores actually do have AJ and/or Octavia in the back, but aren't putting them out until the current plushies gets sold. Most of Walmarts in my area have a lot of TS, RD, and PPs with the occasional FS ones still on the shelves. Same with Hot Topic and their 6 inch ones.

That's what I thought for a while, but our Wal-Marts keep emptying out and replenishing, and there's never any Apples or Octavias.

Its not just the stores though - the stores could have stock in their own stock areas which are of the early waves or even the DCs which are supplying them could still have earlier waves. Unfortunately when toys are sold in assortment and ever changing waves it makes it can be tough to track down items as waves progress and distribution can start to look really patchy.

Its also not helping that AJ, Rarity and Octavia are being dispatched in assortments with the earlier released ponies. So if a store gets an assortment they may get 2 Rarities and then another 2 each of the first 3 - which means the Rarities get snapped up and you are back to more of the first 3 sitting on shelves again.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 08:52:43 AM by hathorcat »
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Lightning Twirl

« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2013, 08:59:25 AM »
 Hunting Hint! The best time to hunt for ponies at a Walmart is after 5am ish, but not before it gets busy in the morning. By 5am everything we can put out is there on the shelf we kind of clean our areas from then until mid morning-when it starts getting busy! Early bird gets the worm, err....pony! ;D

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #37 on: August 07, 2013, 03:35:48 PM »
I just saw a few Octavia's in Williston, ND Walmart earlier today.  So, she is trickling in for those that want her. 

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline snwbear24

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 07, 2013, 04:33:29 PM »
I saw 1 Applejack Plush at Walmart tonight should I have grabbed her?? Are we talking about the $10 ones at Walmart right??
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 04:37:00 PM by snwbear24 »
Looking For these to complete my G4's!!  :biggrin:
Royal Gem Carriage w/ Star Swirl

Looking For these G1's to complete US collection!!
Bushwoolies- Cheery, Hugster, and Chumster

Offline Sanadaookami

• Trade Count: (+63)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 07, 2013, 06:42:13 PM »
I found two Applejacks last weekend and picked them up. One for me and one for an overseas friend. They did have trouble with her at the register though because she wasn't in the system yet. So it took 20min two employes and finally a manager just to buy them :/
No sign of Octavia yet.

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 07, 2013, 08:34:33 PM »
I found two Applejacks last weekend and picked them up. One for me and one for an overseas friend. They did have trouble with her at the register though because she wasn't in the system yet. So it took 20min two employes and finally a manager just to buy them :/
No sign of Octavia yet.
i found the Walmart Applejack a week ago, and also had some trouble trying to ring her up at the register. :( I did manage to get her, thankfully.
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Offline Lucky_Ladybug

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters and 5Ds forever!
    • View Profile
    • Lucky Ladybug's Library
« Reply #41 on: August 11, 2013, 05:22:58 PM »
I saw 1 Applejack Plush at Walmart tonight should I have grabbed her?? Are we talking about the $10 ones at Walmart right??

Oh yes, you should have, if she was in good condition! I finally saw Apple and Octavia at Wal-Mart about a week and a half ago, and every Apple was floppy like she'd been packed badly! The Octavias were all firm, so I picked my favorite of those and waited a couple of days to get to another Wal-Mart to get Apple. I found a firm one, but I didn't notice until I got her home that she was lop-eared! The machine had sewn her right ear lower than her left. Gah. But I'm definitely not taking her back.

I wonder, though, are there any Apples that don't have some sort of flaw?! This is rather bizarre, first a bunch of floppy ones and then a lop-eared one!

And by the way, a week after I found Octavia, all the Apples and other Octavias were gone from the local Wal-Mart. That was exactly what I figured would happen. I'm glad I managed to pounce on them when I could!

Offline Starly

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 11, 2013, 05:34:23 PM »
I haven't found Rarity yet. Nor more than 2 Fluttershy.

I guess I should just give up.
When the Equestria Girls dolls show up in stores and you end up with unneeded doubles, PM me! I'll buy them!/i]

Offline Sanadaookami

• Trade Count: (+63)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 12, 2013, 05:40:18 AM »
I found Octavia last night :) same scanning issue as AJ but the person at the register didn't give me any trouble this time.

Offline unicornprincess

• Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 12, 2013, 05:51:20 AM »
I saw a rarity at my walmart a few weeks ago but at the time I was a little low on cash so I wasn't able to get her. However, I went back the next week with the money to get her, but she was no longer there and they haven't got another one since. Plus I still have not seen a single Applejack at any walmart I've been to.

Thank You Dorothy Rose for my adoptable

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal