collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: UK Ponycon contest announcement!!  (Read 358 times)

UKPonyCon

• Trade Count: (0)
UK Ponycon contest announcement!!
« on: June 28, 2013, 05:35:43 AM »
Right then guys, as many of you will know, at Ponycon there are always custom contests showcasing the best you guys can create  This year of course is no different and I am pleased to announce this years categories :D

We are of course this year running with the celebration of it being both Ponycon's 10th year and My Little Pony's 30th year.

Cosplay Competition
Love dressing up? Love dressing up as ponies? Then this is the contest for you. Get your best pony costume on and come and strut your stuff in our pony fashion show. Prizes will be awarded based on creativity of the costume, how well you portray the character and the craftmanship of the costume itself. Everyone is welcome to take part and the costume can be from any pony gen and any pony character (not just limited to ponies either ^_~) So get your sewing machines out and start getting creative 

Custom Competition
In the custom Category's this year we are having individual categories for the different generations. While there is usually a general category, this year we are running with a general category for each generation as well a contest for the customs that best represent this years theme. So the categories are as follows:

*General G1 Customs
*General G2 Customs
*General G3 Customs
*General G4 Customs
*30 years of MLP/10 years of Ponycon

You can of course enter as many ponies into these as you like and into which ever categories you like

Art Competition
Similarly to the customs, the art competition once again represents our theme this year and we want to see the best art you artists out there can create  The categories for this years art are as follows:
*General Pony art
*30 years of MLP/10 years of Ponycon

Destroy a Fakie

A permanent favourite at Ponycon, Destroy a fakie will be returning again this year. The aim? Destroy a fakie in the most imaginative ways possible. We all know how annoying it gets when you end up with more fakies than actual ponies, show them that you are not amused and come up with the most bizarre, random or creative way you can think of for exacting your revenge on them

Best Stall
To our stallholders, an easy contest for you to enter ^_~ You know how important it is to attract the shoppers of Ponycon over to your stall and the nicer it looks surely the more people will come over right? That's right  And as an added bonus you could win yourself a cool little prize, now what better reason could you want to make your stall look as fancy as possible

Pony Scene Contest
Have an old playset you don't know what to do with? Love a particular movie scene but think it'd be better with ponies? Then have a go at this contest. The premise is simple, create a scene using whatever you like. There is no category for this so anything goes. In the past people have spruced up old playsets, recreated Willy Wonka's Chocolate factory and even created an MLP themed merry go round. The only clause to this contest is that your scene must include at least one pony. These can be customised to fit in better with your scene or just ponies from your herd that you think belong there. It's totally up to you

Children's Category's
Not forgetting our budding pony fans, the art contest, custom contest and cosplay contest will all feature a separate children's category for the younger fans to have a go at!

(As a side note we will also be having some extra custom and art competitions based on Pony island, There will be more infomation about this coming soon!)

Good luck guys, we can't wait to see what you all come up with!!  :accomplished:

All the best, the uk ponycon team!
Any questions feel free to pm me (Nearlyheadlessnayy) or Archer on the other forum!

« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 07:58:53 AM by UKPonyCon »

Offline PitterPatter

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Rhinos are just fat unicorns...
    • View Profile
Re: UK Ponycon contest announcement!!
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2013, 08:50:22 AM »
*thinking cap on* :think: Hmmmm, do I have the time to do anything? ..... maybe :lol:

What day are the competitions judged on? In particular the cosplay, as I assume you have to deliver the creative ones for Saturday? Or am I wildly wrong lol :P

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2013, 08:42:42 AM »
Oh some of those competitions look awesome :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2013, 11:17:04 AM »
Good luck to everyone entering!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

Offline Archer

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/manga_mayhem/index.html
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2013, 12:15:13 PM »
The cosplay masquerade will be happening on the Saturday, but feel free to wear cosplays both days :) *i know i will lol*

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal