collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Remember Peppermint Rose?  (Read 1176 times)

Offline BrittzMylilPony

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
Remember Peppermint Rose?
« on: June 25, 2013, 09:19:54 PM »
It took me the longest time to remember the name of Peppermint Rose until now (after some google searching and then her picture popped up and I said "that's her!" - but I'll never forget when my parents threw me a Peppermint Rose party for my 5th birthday. I remember walking down the stairs one morning and my mother had the dining room beautifully decorated with pink and white streamers and Peppermint Rose decorations. Almost 15 years later I can still feel the excitement that I felt back then. It was a tea and makeup party that I had with my little sister, cousin, and girl friends. We have several pictures that would be fun to scan and upload. Such a great childhood memory :heart: Just thought I'd share :)

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 09:38:01 PM by BrittzMylilPony »

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: Remember Peppermint Rose?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2013, 09:22:47 PM »
I remember seeing her image and some of the advertising.  But I can't remember much more.  She is very pretty though and your 5th year party sounds adorable.
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline BrittzMylilPony

• Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2013, 09:27:48 PM »
I remember seeing her image and some of the advertising.  But I can't remember much more.  She is very pretty though and your 5th year party sounds adorable.

Yes it will be a memory I'll always cherish. My mother always knew how to decorate for my little sister and I's parties. I want to say it was my 5th birthday but it may have been when I was 6. I'd have to look at the date on the photos.

Post Merge: June 25, 2013, 09:30:15 PM

I just found the party invitations on ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Peppermint-Rose-party-invitations-NIP-hat-comb-/190850669185?pt=US_Dolls_Bears_Toys&hash=item2c6f961a81

& the mint condition dolls are going for about $100.00!!
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 09:30:15 PM by BrittzMylilPony »

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2013, 09:49:15 PM »
I was Peppermint Rose for Halloween one year!  I still have a Peppermint Rose cereal bowl that originally came with a plate and pink plastic glass that I remember finally cracked.  I still use the bowl almost every day I have cereal :lol:.  I always wanted a PR doll and would love one MIB. I found PR Party Plates at a garage sale last year if you are interested in them.

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline BrittzMylilPony

• Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2013, 09:56:06 PM »
I was Peppermint Rose for Halloween one year!  I still have a Peppermint Rose cereal bowl that originally came with a plate and pink plastic glass that I remember finally cracked.  I still use the bowl almost every day I have cereal :lol:.  I always wanted a PR doll and would love one MIB. I found PR Party Plates at a garage sale last year if you are interested in them.

Were you really?? I bet that was a cute costume!

I am soo tempted about the PR Party Plates...I just might have to wait for now though :(

Post Merge: June 25, 2013, 09:59:29 PM

Just youtubed and found this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzjskGHFmD0

ohhhh the memories!!
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 09:59:29 PM by BrittzMylilPony »

Offline nessa16

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2013, 09:59:40 PM »

I am soo tempted about the PR Party Plates...I just might have to wait for now though :(
Just let me know, I am sure they are going nowhere fast :lol: It was just one of those plastic over covers with a plastic mask but I wanted to be her so badly! I don't really remember what grade that was maybe 2nd or 3rd.

"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2013, 10:00:57 PM »
I love Peppermint Rose!!! I just bought the VHS on ebay several months ago :D I had the Lemon Kiss Lily doll, my older sister had Peppermint Rose, and my younger sister had Vanilla Daisy :) They're such beautiful dolls. I still have two of them, though not in very good condition. I'd love to have them all MIB one day :)

I also bought some PR stickers from ebay a few years ago and they STILL smell like roses! ^.^
My Wish List

Offline BrittzMylilPony

• Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2013, 10:04:07 PM »

Just let me know, I am sure they are going nowhere fast :lol: It was just one of those plastic over covers with a plastic mask but I wanted to be her so badly! I don't really remember what grade that was maybe 2nd or 3rd.

I will definitely keep you in mind!! It would be so sweet to have the plates and other party memorabilia.

Post Merge: June 25, 2013, 10:05:32 PM

I love Peppermint Rose!!! I just bought the VHS on ebay several months ago :D I had the Lemon Kiss Lily doll, my older sister had Peppermint Rose, and my younger sister had Vanilla Daisy :) They're such beautiful dolls. I still have two of them, though not in very good condition. I'd love to have them all MIB one day :)

I also bought some PR stickers from ebay a few years ago and they STILL smell like roses! ^.^

I believe I used to have the Peppermint Rose doll - actually I am almost sure of it. She may be with my other toys that we have packed away. This definitely makes me want to make a trip back home (and to also see my parents! :D)

Lon-san

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2013, 10:25:52 PM »
I gave out the valentines one year :3 I wish I'd had the doll. I love the Skippers of the period and she's got that same kind of look.

Every now and then, I consider mixing peppermint and rose oil...just to see what a peppermint rose would smell like.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2013, 10:27:57 PM »
I loved her!  :) 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2013, 11:27:33 PM »
This is something I intend to at least own one or two dolls from someday. When I can splurge. But right now I can't afford one of these dolls. Oh, but I will get them. They are so pretty.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline nessa16

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2013, 06:59:48 AM »

I had those stickers when I was a kid too! Gosh, I got quite a bit of the merch but never a doll :lol:.

Offline BrittzMylilPony

• Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2013, 08:28:26 AM »
Every now and then, I consider mixing peppermint and rose oil...just to see what a peppermint rose would smell like.

That scent seems to be popular? When I was on ebay last night and searched "Peppermint Rose", the doll and accessories came up as well as oils that you could buy  :)

Post Merge: June 26, 2013, 08:30:32 AM

This is something I intend to at least own one or two dolls from someday. When I can splurge. But right now I can't afford one of these dolls. Oh, but I will get them. They are so pretty.

They are pretty dolls. I can't truly remember if I had one or not when I was little. I want to say I did, but then again I had A LOT of dolls.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 08:30:32 AM by BrittzMylilPony »

Offline ember86

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • A very picky little pony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2013, 10:28:09 AM »
I have PR doll that bought a few years ago, I love her!
  Thank you Scraleos for my sig! Thank you MLPmintchocolatechip for my a avatar  Have a very pony day [you]
My etsy shop

Ianthe99

« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2013, 05:06:42 PM »
I've got a couple of the dolls, an unopened box of valentines, a thingy to put hair accessories on from Avon, and  2 of the purple bunny plush!  It's one of those lines that I pick up if I find it in a thrift store.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal