collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What (not necessarily important) things do you love about My Little Pony?  (Read 712 times)

Offline MJNSEIFER

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Brony For All Ponies
    • View Profile
I put "not necessarily" because it might be more important to you than it is to other people.

I love how the design of the G1-G3 ponies are done, they look very detailed and beautifully made.  I love how most of the G1 ponies come with a backcard story, becuase I feel that would fuel a child's imagination, and give an idea of what the pony could be like (though ultimately it's up to you).

I love how there is basically the same type of ponies in each generation (adventerous, kind, inteligent, silly, etc) yet they are still unique, and not exactly the same as each other. 

I love how each TV show looks like something that could appeal to any age or gender, regardless of it's target (G3 was actually aimed at just girls, but I see nothing about the show that would repel a guy) and I love how they all have something for us to learn from, but don't force it on us, we learn it ourselves.

I love the soundtrack of mostly G3 and G4, though I like some others.

I felt like I needed to create something possitive after my last thread. :) 
I will confess to being a brony, but I assure you that the things you may not like about them do not apply to me, I mostly keep the fandom name due to nostaligia, but I do genuinely love MLP as a whole, not just FIM, and not just the popularity of FIM - I genuinely love the show (and all the others)

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
Well I love G1s because they are cute....and they are all so different. Also...I have to admit the accessories are my fix... :dribble: I mean, all those millions of accessories to collect. Little pieces to arrange. I love it :P
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Lon-san

I like when they work horse-like behaviors into G4 cartoons. I'm no huge horse fan but I cam appreciate when they do that little pawing at the ground thing or an actual horse sound is used.

Offline Violet CLM

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sunset Shimmer did nothing wrong
    • View Profile
The massive casts. Makes MLP feel like its own world(s).

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
I love the distinct personalities they gave each pony, particularly if the G1 years. They continue that well with the G4.
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Hexi

I like their names! some are simple and describe their personalities and some are just so over-girly and stupid that you just gotta love them! (Twilight Sparkle i'm lookin at you)

i love how in the G1 cartoons each one has a different cast of ponies. they're not all the same each time which really helps build character for them all. :D

Offline MJNSEIFER

• Scribbles Pony
  • Brony For All Ponies
    • View Profile
Well I love G1s because they are cute....and they are all so different. Also...I have to admit the accessories are my fix... :dribble: I mean, all those millions of accessories to collect. Little pieces to arrange. I love it :P
Oh I wish I'd grown up collecting G1 ponies and their accessories, I could see myself doing exactly that.
I will confess to being a brony, but I assure you that the things you may not like about them do not apply to me, I mostly keep the fandom name due to nostaligia, but I do genuinely love MLP as a whole, not just FIM, and not just the popularity of FIM - I genuinely love the show (and all the others)

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
Oh I wish I'd grown up collecting G1 ponies and their accessories, I could see myself doing exactly that.

Hehe it's never too late  to start!! :squee:
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
The variety :) I adore the different colour, sizes, types, etc within the G1 line. It is so creative in every way - from box card art to the types of sets.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline FarDreamer

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • The "Mystery" Pony from Firefly's Adventure!
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Preservation Project
The Slumber Party Gift Pack comes with a pony twister game:  mat, spinner, and all.

. . . nuff said.

:heart:  www.MLPpreservationproject.com  :heart:
A comprehensive resource for information on the restoration
of ponies, accessories, and playsets from all generations!

Offline Aurora

• Wingless Flutter Pony
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
That there are thousands of them, and that everyone is different- my Glory is different from your Glory, they're like twins that grew up in different states! And that they don't break when I drop them, which happens a lot.
Thanks so much to Calico_Star for her beautiful work on my Avatar!
**want list**  **for sale**

Offline Sugar

• Norwegian Fnord Pony
  • Trade Count: (+81)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sock/earring fiend
    • View Profile
The colours and combinations of colours.  Every time I rearrange my pony shelf or rustle around in my storage bins, my eyes are dazzled by delightful pony rainbows. ^.^

The smell of pony vinyl.  And the scent of the G1 puffy stickers.  Ah, nostalgia...

The sweet faces of G1 ponies, the sparkly eyes of G2 ponies, the occasional shaped eye-twinkle of G3 ponies, and the fantastic cartoon for the G4 ponies.

And the collecting community. :lovey:

Thanks to Sourdough stomper for my Advent signature, and to Nence for my avatar! :lovey:
Wishlist - I'm back on (semi-) active buying again... can't buy everything on my wish list all at once (yay, back-to-school and tuition fees), but I am still looking to plump up my collection a bit more: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,380638.0.html
Sales/trades - http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381378.msg1572410#msg1572410

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
Seconding what someone said about equine behavior. I owned a horse and rode (western pleasure) for eleven years. So little things catch my attention, like ear positions or body posture.

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

Offline Falconaitae

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
I love their hair^^... and except all the things that make them My Little Ponies, I love the decorative value that they add to my home, they just look good :)
I also love the hunt and thrill of winning an auction for a pony that I *need*. Last, but not least awesome characters from Friendship is Magic, for whom you start to care and identify with, even though they are just characters from kids show.
My pony blog
It's better to be a famous drunkard, than an anonymous alcoholic

Offline munchy

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
For me, my favorite part is the endlessness of collecting. I'm a hardcore completionist so even when I have all the ponies, there are still foreign variants, accessories, merchandise etc. Multiply that by 5 generations in counting and I'll never be done! I find it comforting that I'll never have to reach the point where I have to say, "ok. I'm done, I got everything. Now what?" Plus it appeals to my inner hoarder :D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal