collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Name your favorite pony & why!  (Read 523 times)

Offline BrittzMylilPony

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
Name your favorite pony & why!
« on: June 19, 2013, 08:35:14 AM »
Mine would have to be  :happy: Sundance, and I feel like a lot of collectors would say that Sundance is their favorite too. She's my favorite because she was the first pony I ordered when I reconnected with MLP. Unfortunately my ponies that I had as a little girl got either given away or thrown away; most likely thrown away because they were waterlogged. Yesterday my friend and I went thrifting (& we're going again today!) and I found another Sundance! I almost didn't get her because I thought to myself "well I already have her" but I obviously just could resist. Besides, I see that many of you have SEVERAL ponies that are the same! I guess they are unique in their own different ways :)

Now it's your turn to share! :heart:
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 08:40:07 AM by BrittzMylilPony »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: Name your favorite pony & why!
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2013, 08:40:23 AM »
Mine is either Glory or the purple mail order Ember.  Glory was my first pony and I loved her so much.  Ember was her baby and I carried her around in my pocket.   She and the other babies were played with the most.
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline Alipes

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
    • Custom and Diorama Photo Gallery
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2013, 08:45:06 AM »
I have some ponies from all gens, so instead of choosing "One Gen to Rule Them All" I'll give my favorite for each generation instead.  :lol:

Gen 1: SS Bouncy!  She was my first pony, and I got her for my fifth birthday, so she has a very special place in my heart!  I still have my original Bouncy, but her flocking is in pretty bad shape, so I have another Bouncy with gorgeous flocking and one that was baity that I deflocked.  And Baby Bouncy.  And a G4 custom Bouncy.  You know, I guess I have kind of a Bouncy army!  :lol:

Gen 2: Copper Glow!  I was very lucky to get Copper, Silver, and Golden Glow off of eBay (with their wings!) about the time they came out in Europe, and there is something super gorgeous about them!

Gen 3: Kimono!  My gosh, I love those colors!  And I was way too excited to be able to walk into a store and buy ponies again!  She was one of my first G3's.

Gen 4: I keep changing my mind, but at the moment either Ploomette (pegasus version) or glittery Pinkie Pie.  I don't collect every variant or every pony, but ones that make me happy to have them. :)

Offline katrine2309

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Every day is someone's birthday - celebrate it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2013, 09:15:44 AM »
Oh, this is always so difficult - and I think I answer differently every time I answer these questions. But I think I would have to say baby Glory (and mommy!). Baby Glory is my childhood fave from the ponies I had myself - I loved her so much, and I still have a thing for white ponies.

But it is a difficult call - UK Bowtie, Baby Blossom, NBBE Baby Ribbon and Macau Jenny are all pretty high up.
Visit my Flickr for doll & pony pictures!

My wantlist - pony wear, backcards & puffy/flat stickers

Looking for Puffy Stickers: Ripple (seapony), Gypsy and Gusty on original backing

Offline FoolBornUnicorn

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • Dragon Slayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2013, 01:00:29 PM »
Boysenberry Pie. I didn't have older gens when I was younger. I grew up with g3's.
Boysenberry was the first g1 pony I've ever had.
I didn't know what 'baity' ment when I got her.. And to be honest I didn't read all of the listing. She arrived with mold, tail rust, frizzy hair, the works...
After hours of research and work I nursed her back to health. ^.^

She will always have a special place in my heart :heart:

Offline BrittzMylilPony

• Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2013, 02:07:23 PM »
I've loved reading all of the responses so far! I am a 1988 baby and I had several of the G1 ponies up into the early 90s. My most vivid memory is when I got my twin newborn ponies Rattles and Tattles - I was elated! I played with my ponies until I was probably in the 2nd grade? We had a huge Barbie house and two Barbie ranches which housed my little sister and I's horses and ponies: Barbies' horses, Grand Champions, & My Little Ponies; we took up the entire living room! Those Barbies were sure living the dream! :D

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2013, 02:41:56 PM »
Mine is G1 Minty. I love her green colour and she has such a cute pose, I have a whole army of her also. I love so many other ponies and I can't really pinpoint why Minty is my favorite :)

However I just received Red Roses and I have to say....she is fast becoming a favourite, equal with Minty :yikes: *covers Mintys ears* :P

So it seems to be yellow and green ponies that I like the best. For example the Sunbright Family ponies I really like and Mimic, because she is a green unicorn.
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

MimiTheMuse

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2013, 03:15:48 PM »
G1 First Tooth Baby North Star

My Little Ponies were the defining toy of my childhood. I had most of the 80's and early 90's staples for a little girl, but it was all about the ponies until I was in double digits.  And until I was seven, we lived across the street from my childhood best friend, who was also epically into ponies, though she didn't have as many as I did. From three to seven we played many things, but our ponies had long running storylines, relationships, etc. We faced epic battles, war, faminie, and one foray into trying to figure out where baby ponies came from that almost scarred me for life.

When Angie and I got together, the first thing we did was put all of our ponies together in a pile to pick out who would play who. I ALWAYS picked Baby North Star, and gave her a personality very close to my own. She was my stand in. She was also the pony I once tearfully told my father needed her own, special Daddy AND the only one to have her "proper" mother. All the other babies got put in hodge podge families, but not Baby North Star!

She's still one of my favorite ponies because she reminds me, as a writer, to never let deadlines and sales and critques seperate me from the little girl who wanted to grow up and write books purely because she loved telling stories. When I'm having a rough time withe a project I bring her to sit with me on the comp and the block starts to melt away. I'm hoping to get a double very soon so I can carry her around with me for pictures. :)

Offline BrittzMylilPony

• Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2013, 08:17:35 PM »
Mine is G1 Minty. I love her green colour and she has such a cute pose, I have a whole army of her also. I love so many other ponies and I can't really pinpoint why Minty is my favorite :)

However I just received Red Roses and I have to say....she is fast becoming a favourite, equal with Minty :yikes: *covers Mintys ears* :P

So it seems to be yellow and green ponies that I like the best. For example the Sunbright Family ponies I really like and Mimic, because she is a green unicorn.

It's hard not to call all the ponies your favorite!

Post Merge: June 19, 2013, 08:18:50 PM

G1 First Tooth Baby North Star

My Little Ponies were the defining toy of my childhood. I had most of the 80's and early 90's staples for a little girl, but it was all about the ponies until I was in double digits.  And until I was seven, we lived across the street from my childhood best friend, who was also epically into ponies, though she didn't have as many as I did. From three to seven we played many things, but our ponies had long running storylines, relationships, etc. We faced epic battles, war, faminie, and one foray into trying to figure out where baby ponies came from that almost scarred me for life.

When Angie and I got together, the first thing we did was put all of our ponies together in a pile to pick out who would play who. I ALWAYS picked Baby North Star, and gave her a personality very close to my own. She was my stand in. She was also the pony I once tearfully told my father needed her own, special Daddy AND the only one to have her "proper" mother. All the other babies got put in hodge podge families, but not Baby North Star!

She's still one of my favorite ponies because she reminds me, as a writer, to never let deadlines and sales and critques seperate me from the little girl who wanted to grow up and write books purely because she loved telling stories. When I'm having a rough time withe a project I bring her to sit with me on the comp and the block starts to melt away. I'm hoping to get a double very soon so I can carry her around with me for pictures. :)

What a great story! & special pony too! Sounds like a very happy childhood!
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 08:19:37 PM by BrittzMylilPony »

Offline spottedslug

• Trade Count: (+106)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2013, 08:55:02 PM »
G1: Parasol just because she was my first!

G2: Prince Firefly because his colors were just stunning and I liked that he was a HE.

G3: Minty... She just has slightly more personality than other g3s...

G4: Queen Chrysalis- Yeah, so she's not a pony, but I LOVE her.

Offline Radha

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • So Soft Pony
  • It goes ding when there's stuff!
    • View Profile
    • Tactile Memories
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2013, 11:12:13 PM »
   SS Truly! She was the one toy I got to take to kindergarten.  I still remember my mom carefully writing my initials on her back feet (I was worried other kids would take such a great toy!)
     I also love the tactile memory of her, since she was a so soft. Best of all, my hubby bought be a Truly for Mother's Day, so now I have her back, sort of.  I also still have a soft spot for ponies with initials on their feet  :lovey:

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2013, 02:40:40 PM »
Baby Fifi of course :)

@spottedslug - she will be a pony in August - when the new Favourites set hits shelves! [even if she is a little lacking in finish :P]
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Sugar

• Norwegian Fnord Pony
  • Trade Count: (+81)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sock/earring fiend
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2013, 04:14:06 PM »
Great stories, everypony!

Here's how I'd go today (other gens besides G1 subject to change on a mood-based basis):

G1: tie between Minty (the first pony I truly longed for), and Ribbon (for no particular reason other than I just really, really like her - pose, colours, shy little face, etc.).

G2: Puff (such a pretty colour combo!)

G3: don't have one particular favourite... each time I think I've got one nailed down, I see another I like better.  I really have to take time to learn more about this generation! :blush:

G4: tie between Fluttershy ('cause she reminds me of me) and Applejack (also sorta)

Thanks to Sourdough stomper for my Advent signature, and to Nence for my avatar! :lovey:
Wishlist - I'm back on (semi-) active buying again... can't buy everything on my wish list all at once (yay, back-to-school and tuition fees), but I am still looking to plump up my collection a bit more: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,380638.0.html
Sales/trades - http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381378.msg1572410#msg1572410

Offline Unicorn_pops

• Trade Count: (+359)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Baby and Winger Collector
    • View Profile
    • Pony Collection
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2013, 04:26:06 PM »
Coolbreeze is my all round favorite. For one, she is green all over. And I love the size of wingers and they are very delicate looking.

Sale Post  My Collection  My Customs

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2013, 06:18:44 PM »
G1 Red Roses all the way! One, I love yellow. It's so bright and cheerful. Two, that pink fluffy hair is so soft and divine. I can't get enough of it.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal