collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Dirty ponies!!!  (Read 334 times)

Offline plushroo

• Trade Count: (+252)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • princess Cotton Candy
    • View Profile
Dirty ponies!!!
« on: June 18, 2013, 06:44:06 PM »
I bought a small lot of g1's off ebay from a new seller for relatively cheap and got them yesterday. I love buying ponies that haven't had a comb over in over 20 years and these were described as needing it. When I opened the box, I saw they were covered in surface dirt and possibly mildew, YUCK! Look like they Now I know many people have problems with odors and allergic reactions so my question is how do I clean these girls up so I can resell the ones I don't need?  I'll get some pics up once I finish my dinner as I don't want to put my hands on them at the moment.

SparklersOasis

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Dirty ponies!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2013, 07:57:44 PM »
Personally I start with an general antibacterial bath (like dawn dish soap), because you never know where some of these girls have been!  Then I make a paste out of baking soda to help with some more stubborn dirt and massage the gunk out.  Marks left after that I usually try to tackle with a magic eraser (unless they are around eyes/blush/symbols!).  I have one I'm working on that I'm waiting for a sunny day at home for my first attempt at sunfading.  Then of course a spa day to get the hair cleaned up.  Best of luck!

Offline minamarie

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2013, 01:37:12 AM »
magic eraser :)

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2013, 03:22:46 AM »
Oxyclean, magic eraser, a toothbrush and shampoo and fabric softener for the hair. They will be good as new :)
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Offline BrittzMylilPony

• Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2013, 07:55:52 AM »
I love pony makeovers. I bought 5 G1 ponies yesterday at a thrift store myself and needless to say, they were a hot mess. I did an overall clean last night because I simply could not resist, but I will definitely need to do a more detailed clean. A lot of the ponies have really frizzy hair, Cha Cha particularly - seriously she looks like a poodle! I have read online about dipping their manes and tails into boiling water, but you have to be really careful! I have yet to experiment but it might be necessary for poor Cha Cha - or she'll just need new hair altogether; which that's another project in itself and I have no experience with rehairing. Take some before and after pictures! It's always fun to compare the differences! And congrats on your finds!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2013, 03:44:36 PM »
Personally I start with an general antibacterial bath (like dawn dish soap), because you never know where some of these girls have been!  Then I make a paste out of baking soda to help with some more stubborn dirt and massage the gunk out.  Marks left after that I usually try to tackle with a magic eraser (unless they are around eyes/blush/symbols!).  I have one I'm working on that I'm waiting for a sunny day at home for my first attempt at sunfading.  Then of course a spa day to get the hair cleaned up.  Best of luck!

This! This is what I do...wash, baking powder and/or eye make up remover pads, wash again, magic eraser, acetone if required, baby wipes. And sometimes after the first wash I will soak a pony inside and out with denture tablets.

Good luck  cleaning them up! :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal