collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Freaking out: Strange Ebay problem UPDATED 1st post  (Read 946 times)

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Freaking out: Strange Ebay problem UPDATED 1st post
« on: June 13, 2013, 08:53:45 AM »
Okay I am so upset. I ordered an American Girl product from ebay seller with 100% positive feedback.  She uploaded a tracking number and everything seemed fine. I go and check on my item this morning and I discovered its been delivered in Utah. I don't live in Utah??? I live in Texas.  How will I open a case for my money back when it shows delivery?  It wasn't delivered here. I have contacted the seller and didn't hear back from them yet.  I am so worried I won't get my item. I really wanted that thing.  I am equally concerned  I won't get my money back either.  Why would my item end up in Utah?  I am so upset. :cry:

UPDATE: Well, my item isn't tracking at all.  In fact all it shows is delivered. This is just nuts. If I don't get it by next Friday I think I will just tell the seller its as good as lost. :(
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 11:12:44 AM by tulagirl »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Freaking out: Strange Ebay problem
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2013, 08:55:02 AM »
They probably sent it to the wrong person?  Don't worry though- if you don't get it I think Ebay/paypal still covers the loss.  Just explain the situation to ebay..

Offline tulagirl

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2013, 09:01:13 AM »
You know I just realized it was delivered in the town the seller lives in? That is so odd. I have never ever seen something like this in all my years of ebaying.

Offline little.fox

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Little Red Fox
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2013, 09:17:49 AM »
I bet the post thought your sellers return adress was the destination adress. I've seen it happen before. Let's hope you get this straightened out soon, and your item gets to you safely!

:fox:

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2013, 09:30:48 AM »
I bet the post thought your sellers return adress was the destination adress. I've seen it happen before. Let's hope you get this straightened out soon, and your item gets to you safely!

:fox:

I had a letter come back to me like that.  Hopefully the seller will realize the mistake, tell you, and send it out again.
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline tulagirl

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2013, 09:42:57 AM »
Okay well, I heard from the seller and this is what they said, "Ok, just talked to my post office!  I put your dress in the mail yesterday and when they scanned in the delivery confirmation/tracking number, they scanned it in incorrectly as "Delivered" instead of "Accepted".  It *will* scan again (probably tonight, or whenever USPS updates) as "Processed through Sort Facility" and then you will see it move towards you and tracking will proceed as normal.  I'm sorry for the confusion."

Are the people in the post office just totally unable to do things the right way these days? I mean how hard is it to scan something and mark it correctly? I guess the job is too hard and they need to hire people with PhD's in Mail Sorting, Tracking and Receiving.  :nuts:

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2013, 11:26:58 AM »
Are the people in the post office just totally unable to do things the right way these days? I mean how hard is it to scan something and mark it correctly? I guess the job is too hard and they need to hire people with PhD's in Mail Sorting, Tracking and Receiving.  :nuts:

I think your right. I am glad it's all sorted for you now though!
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline himmie

• Trade Count: (+137)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Need More Boy Ponies
    • View Profile
    • Himmie's Collection
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2013, 12:09:55 PM »
I had an item less than a week ago coming from Tucson, AZ. The only scan that ever showed up was Delivered in Tucson, AZ. It only took a couple days to arrive though. I had a similar issue with an item coming from North Phoenix, AZ that then showed as out for delivery in Central Phoenix, but it was really almost here in Wisconsin. I think they just get a bit confused at times. :lol:
WTB: MOC and Nirvana Boy Ponies
My Collection | Want List | eBay Store

thekozmicpig

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2013, 12:27:50 PM »
I had an item show as out for delivery in my home town than go out of state the next day. I still got it, but this one is still baffling to me.

Offline PitterPatter

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Rhinos are just fat unicorns...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2013, 12:52:36 PM »
Okay well, I heard from the seller and this is what they said, "Ok, just talked to my post office!  I put your dress in the mail yesterday and when they scanned in the delivery confirmation/tracking number, they scanned it in incorrectly as "Delivered" instead of "Accepted".  It *will* scan again (probably tonight, or whenever USPS updates) as "Processed through Sort Facility" and then you will see it move towards you and tracking will proceed as normal.  I'm sorry for the confusion."

Either that or employ people who aren't too lazy to do their job properly. Such a silly, unnecessary mistake.
Good that it does mean you'll get your item though  :ohyeah:

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2013, 02:50:18 PM »
*huggles*  I hope you get your doll stuff ASAP!  :)  What did you order, btw?  I am curious, I <3 AG! 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline tulagirl

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2013, 03:30:13 PM »
*huggles*  I hope you get your doll stuff ASAP!  :)  What did you order, btw?  I am curious, I <3 AG! 

Oh it was a retired AG Kirsten outfit.  I am just hoping all will go fine. The seller is really nice and a great communicator so I am calming down. I wish I didn't freak before thinking it through.  I guess I have been scammed a few times and that makes me jumpy now regarding online sales.

Post Merge: June 13, 2013, 03:32:32 PM

Either that or employ people who aren't too lazy to do their job properly. Such a silly, unnecessary mistake.
Good that it does mean you'll get your item though  :ohyeah:

Yes you are so right there...laaaaaazeeeeeee
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 03:32:32 PM by tulagirl »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal