collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pony display ideas?  (Read 825 times)

Offline CupcakeLoverXx

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • Pony Lover since 2012!
    • View Profile
Pony display ideas?
« on: June 12, 2013, 02:54:50 PM »
I started watching FiM last year and was only planning on buying a few bits of merch,but of course the pony bug took over and now I have a bunch of brushables,blind bag figures,random stuff and some G3's too  :P The only problem is I only have two shelves to display my ponies,one of which is already full. Does anybody have any ideas on how I can display my ponies? I can't get anymore shelves. I did hear about these plastic risers things which I may be able to get but wondered if there were any more ideas.
Thanks! :biggrin:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Alipes

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
    • Custom and Diorama Photo Gallery
Re: Pony display ideas?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2013, 03:28:37 PM »
What about some sort of a wall display for your blind bags?  Golf ball wall display cases are just the right size and look really nice!

Offline Winter Bones

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2013, 03:30:54 PM »
Well, if there's any other cluttered surfaces around your room you could always clean those off-I gained a ton of space when I pitched out my room last year. Risers are also a good way to go, and you can make some yourself for under 10 dollars with supplies found at most craft stores. I used the tutorial here to make mine, it's basically poster board and felt. My riser is about 20 inches wide with three levels excluding the shelf, which can hold quite a few ponies. I haven't made one for my blind bags yet...

Spoiler

Other than that, I suppose you could get creative and use any play sets you may have, MLP or otherwise, as display pieces. I've also seen people use baskets, painted pots or glass jars for storing smaller blind bag ponies, which looks way more delightful than it sounds, as well as display cases which you can get for fairly cheap at garage sales or goodwill with a bit of patience and luck. You could even go the really unconventional route and hang up any pegasi you have from your ceiling so it looks like they're flying about. Have fun arranging your collection no matter what method you choose. :biggrin:

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2013, 04:12:40 PM »
I agree that risers are your best bet and the advantage with G4 is that even small risers will give you much more space. :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2013, 07:00:58 PM »
what i do is i used a riser spice rack. and that workd on one shelf. and then what else i did was leave thigns mib. (espcial y the merch and the  brusahbles adn just tacked them onto  my wall via small tacks. 

Offline CupcakeLoverXx

• Colorswirl Pony
  • Pony Lover since 2012!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2013, 09:40:13 AM »
Well, if there's any other cluttered surfaces around your room you could always clean those off-I gained a ton of space when I pitched out my room last year. Risers are also a good way to go, and you can make some yourself for under 10 dollars with supplies found at most craft stores. I used the tutorial here to make mine, it's basically poster board and felt. My riser is about 20 inches wide with three levels excluding the shelf, which can hold quite a few ponies. I haven't made one for my blind bags yet...

Spoiler

Other than that, I suppose you could get creative and use any play sets you may have, MLP or otherwise, as display pieces. I've also seen people use baskets, painted pots or glass jars for storing smaller blind bag ponies, which looks way more delightful than it sounds, as well as display cases which you can get for fairly cheap at garage sales or goodwill with a bit of patience and luck. You could even go the really unconventional route and hang up any pegasi you have from your ceiling so it looks like they're flying about. Have fun arranging your collection no matter what method you choose. :biggrin:

Some great ideas and I love your collection!  :biggrin:

Thanks to everybody for the ideas. Guess I'll be getting a riser in the future  ^.^

Offline lonewolf

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Lyra the dance master
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart account
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2013, 06:11:48 PM »
I just finished a wall shelf unit for my blind bags using the wood that's used to repair lattice work (it's pretty cheap). The wood is 1 3/4" X 1/4".

Here's how it looked after assembly:

And how it looks painted and in use:

The shelves at the top and bottom are taller than the others to hold larger BB size like the princesses and Zecora. I made them wide enough (2') to hold an entire set (that's my G1 Moondancer stamp on top of it).

I'm nowhere near a carpentry expert so this won't win any awards, but it works for me. Hopefully the ponies won't be heavy enough to make the shelves sag, or I'll have to put supports in the middle.

I'm the D to the E to the --- and no filly's got the moves like my big wall eyes. I'm De---licious.
Listen to this song while watching my sig: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTi11bFNdMs :P

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2013, 06:38:01 PM »
I love them risers :) I have made a few and they work great for G4 ponies the most.

Offline shabbychicdee

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • MOC Mimic
  • professional thrifter and treasure hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2013, 06:43:44 PM »
oh great idea lonewolf, grabs husband, points to screen, i wanted something like that made for me as a mothers day gift :D  months ago.
at the moment i am using an old watch stand recycled from a jewellery store. i first used it for my brushable but i just didn't like how bunched up they were but the bb looks great in there

here is what it looked like with the brushables

i go for a lot of recycled stuff, i saw that and had ponies in my eyes :lol:
...........it has lights :biggrin:
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 06:45:17 PM by shabbychicdee »

seeking retro MLP and Care Bear tin lunch boxes
wanted list
for trade

Offline CrystalMist

• Colorswirl Pony
  • Colorado is sooooo pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2013, 06:52:36 PM »
oh great idea lonewolf, grabs husband, points to screen, i wanted something like that made for me as a mothers day gift :D  months ago.
at the moment i am using an old watch stand recycled from a jewellery store. i first used it for my brushable but i just didn't like how bunched up they were but the bb looks great in there

here is what it looked like with the brushables

i go for a lot of recycled stuff, i saw that and had ponies in my eyes :lol:
...........it has lights :biggrin:
OOOOOOOOOO..... I'm jelous. How did you manage to get those?
 :enthralled:
I'm always looking for a Blythe accessories. PM me for any info!cloud_weaver is the best sister ever!!! :heart:

Offline shabbychicdee

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • MOC Mimic
  • professional thrifter and treasure hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2013, 07:56:19 PM »
 hehe :ninja: well they (my husband has a larger one), was on its way to the tip/rubbish dump and he grabbed them just in time. my husband and i have been in the jewellery and watch trade for a very long time and when i was doing the retail side of it (my husband does the service side) my shop was chucking out all these citizen watch stands, shown here.

so i painted them up for the ponies :D
and seen here. there are two of them. perfect for so many gens

as with the stand above they were old and the shop didn't want them anymore

and to add i also search my local auctions for crusty old display stands, dc or dvd racks that have potential and are dirt cheap and close by for pickup so they are not big on the budget :D like what the flutter are on, now my g4 are on it. it was so ugly when i first bought it  :lol:
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 08:04:24 PM by shabbychicdee »

seeking retro MLP and Care Bear tin lunch boxes
wanted list
for trade

Offline TexasGal

• Cupcake Pony
  • Trade Count: (+158)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pickle barrel kumquat cherrychanga!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2013, 11:40:54 AM »
Cute!  I need to have my hubby build me something like that for my BBs.  They are constantly tipping over on the small dresser...and I am beginning to need that space for regular size ponies.  >.>

liely

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2013, 07:33:00 AM »
great theme.

I have link also. how to make the shelf  if you do not have a husband or boyfriend  :)
http://vilamulher.terra.com.br/estante-com-cordas-17-1-7886495-197.html

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2013, 07:57:49 AM »
I love all the display that I see here :)

Offline TokiBear

• Wibbly Wobbly, Timey Wimey
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • We're all stories in the end...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2013, 08:07:38 AM »
what i do is i used a riser spice rack.

This is what I do as well... for now... They fit every generation fairly well...   Here's how I have used them at different times during my collecting.

Currently, my Fashion Style collection is residing on the spice rack risers but I need to figure something else out because, while they fit on the risers, they are so tall they cover each other up too much for my liking.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal