collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Anyone else get like this with foods? Weird and kinda gross I guess?  (Read 1385 times)

Offline BerylBreeze

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
I have trouble with pills D: If I know it's there it's like my mouth traps it. It really sucks, but it's a good thing I'm not prescribed with anything.
And sometimes when I eat meat or leafy things that I just can't chew, it makes me feel like gagging unless I eat something else with it so I can swallow. But that might be that my teeth are weird? Friends I've talked to made it sound like that's not normal.

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Oh! This reminds me. There is one food that triggers my gag reflex, and that is apples. I simply CANNOT chew them enough for them to be swallowable. I can eat them in things like pie, but an uncooked apple gives me trouble.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline HavACrumpet452

• Fakies R People 2
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Not with the texture you mentioned. I cringe at gritty and crisp foods sometimes, though not always. Mostly grains. Sometimes I can't even walk down the cookie/cracker aisle in the store.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline fingerpaints

• Makin' a mess pony
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • manahmanah :D
    • View Profile
I have problems with some textures, but try to eat smaller bites which does help, and I take my time when eating, I am generally still going well after everyone else is finished unless I am super hungry, then I might eat a little quicker. I found too I tend to gag more when I am tired, and I suffer from time to time with exhaustion from low iron and not enough sleep which can bring on gagging fits which from time to time make me vomit. I think for most of it I am just tired or it's a mental thing.

I am exactly the same with peanut butter, I love peanuts, and satay and other peanut type stuff, but HATE peanut butter on it's own. I think it is the best thing with chocolate though, go figure. I can't eat chocolate any more though due to allergies :(

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+137)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
    • View Profile
I am the same, always have been. I can't eat anything mushy. Mashed potatoes, overripe bananas, cereal with milk, that stuff makes me gag. Soup, even creamy, however is ok. Tofu that is too soft makes me gag too.
So, I just avoid these foods. It's very strange nonetheless.

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
Eh, I don't eat bananas because of the texture.  I do have a problem with some foods' textures.

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
I don't really have texture issues. It's more or less the taste or not tastiness...
I think of eating beef and I kinda gaggle... probably why I haven't eaten it in 11 years...
I think of drinking milk and get a horrendous taste in my mouth. So very lactose intolerant.

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline melipuffles

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
It's nice knowing that there are other people out there that have this problem as well and I'm not alone. xD

Yeah, I was just really curious. I can usually swallow pills, but sometimes they'll just be stubborn and want to stick to the roof of my mouth....sometimes I'll even swallow all the water/juice and the pill will still be there!!

The worst part is the nausea though, I can deal with the slight gagging, but I hate feeling nauseous and having trouble with motion sickness, I get nauseous ALL the time. x_x

I have a feeling it's going to be hell if I ever try to have a kid.

Offline NoPonySpecial

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Beyond the last visible dog, you will see infinity
    • View Profile
I had the same problem with mushy foods (mostly the near-liquid kind, like applesauce and pudding) but it actually went away when I got older. I was pleasantly surprised. :) I have no idea how old you are, though, so it may be too late for you. ;)
I'll put something here some time

Offline melipuffles

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
I had the same problem with mushy foods (mostly the near-liquid kind, like applesauce and pudding) but it actually went away when I got older. I was pleasantly surprised. :) I have no idea how old you are, though, so it may be too late for you. ;)

I'm 21, and it seems to have actually gotten worse as I've gotten older. I used to eat tons and tons of yogurt, applesauce and mac n cheese as a kid/teen. :/

cleverLC

• Trade Count: (0)
For me, it's fat and gristle in meat.  This makes visiting my Dad on cookout nights unpleasant for me, because he does such a great job of cooking them--but over the years he went from T-bone steaks to heavily marbled ribeyes, and it's harder for me to separate meat from fat. :(  I end up only being able to eat about half of the steak.

Offline mercynova

• NSS Buttons
  • Trade Count: (+91)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
Texture on food doesn't do this to me, but swallowing pills does. It doesn't help that I have to take several pills daily for medical reasons. :/

I have an easily triggered gag reflex. I never had it until the last three or so years. When I get a cough after a cold, I get tickles in my throat that cause me to cough madly and sometimes that causes me to throw up. I'll literally have to make a beeline for the bathroom when I get in a coughing fit.

But like I said, it's not food that does this to me. It's pills and coughing. So in a sense I can relate. It's very annoying.

Oh gosh, I have this problem too, it's hell!

Offline Sonata

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Shop
I get like that if I am eating and suddenly there's grease or bones in the middle. I can't separate them in my mouth and I feel like vomiting it all. I just spit it all out and that's that LOL

Offline Ginger

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • TE Bright Eyes Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
I don't have a problem with the texture, I always thought it was just the dairy/sugars bothering me. Pudding, ice cream, milk, mac n cheese... all that stuff. Leaves my throat horribly flem-y. I LOVE that stuff, it just doesn't love me.

I also don't like peanut butter but I love peanuts too. Lol!

ETA: Oh yeah meats lol. Can't do anything that's not well done, no wads of fat, no gristle, boneless... Can't do seafood either (the smell...). I'm not a vegetarian, but it's rare when I'll eat meat. My reflex can't take it. XD
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 02:48:47 PM by Ginger »

Wanted | Flickr | Tumblr | PonyDex

Offline Kaeldre

• Goa'uld System Lord
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • "The best advice I've found is don't look down."
    • View Profile
I'm the same way with applesauce and grits. x.x  Take big bite, promptly gag.

Eggs are a different story.  The texture combined with the smell just...blech! D:

"When someone asks me if I give up, I say 'Not until I'm dead'.  And sometimes not even then." ~ Daniel Jackson
"Asking a Ferengi to play a Cardassian game is like asking a Klingon to chew with his mouth closed." ~ Elim Garak

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal