collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

We might loose Crowning_Glory What should we do

Just end it now and start shipping prizes
2 (15.4%)
End this in Aug (only can be done if I have a back up pony helper)
1 (7.7%)
End this July 31
2 (15.4%)
Keep going as plan but we will have a #2 Pony Helper in case CG needs to bail
8 (61.5%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Voting closed: July 25, 2013, 11:49:27 AM

Author Topic: Healthy Pony Summer Edition! And We're Off! Come Join Us:)  (Read 10644 times)

ValhallaLilly

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Healthy Pony Summer Edition! And We're Off! Come Join Us:)
« Reply #135 on: July 11, 2013, 07:11:02 AM »
okay already losing count so i'm dumping here!

signed up the 8 but was keeping track.
3 thrift stores in Indianapolis (oops) -3
8910 flossing 0
one chapter so far

okay carry on.

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+312)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Call me Sunny! :)
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #136 on: July 11, 2013, 07:22:51 AM »
Okay, I think I totaled my pts as of the 10th and I believe I have... 12? Not great... BUT - I did get my challenge points yesterday as well. I was even HANDLING candy... as I was packing my partner's swap box... Hershey's kisses - SO easy to just pop one in my mouth, and it was pretty hard, honestly, but I DID NOT EAT ANY CANDY! Instead I had a snack of almonds and greek yogurt at night. :cheer:
Visit my MLP Store for Ponies of all Generations! For Sale or Trade!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Want List
Formerly Known As: SunshinePony

Offline Radiance

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 11, 2013, 07:30:42 AM »
Zero points yesterday, bleh! Maybe I can make up some points with this challenge:
Challenge Number 1!: Your challenge is doing something or not doing something for 7 days. If you make it 7 days you get 10 Points! If you get 2 days in a row you get 2 points, 3 days in a row 3 points, and so forth.
So here is the process:)
1. State the day you are starting. 11 July- Thursday
2. Tell us what you are going to do or not do for 7 days. Going to eat when actually hungry, not when bored! (tall order!)
3. Tell us at the end of 7 days how many days you went with the challenge.

Loads of stress & frustration in my life right now. I'm tempted to just drop out but doing that will just make me feel worse.
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=366243.new#new

my want list, looking for unicorns!

Offline Rad

• Radical Rad
  • Trade Count: (+45)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
    • Radical Creations
« Reply #138 on: July 11, 2013, 09:46:06 AM »
Yes, thanks for the PM Morning Glory! As I told MG, we have crappy internet at home - it hasn't worked in two months. We don't own it; my father-in-law gave us permission to use it from his work across the street. But he has no access to the machine so when it stops working... well, no internet. *Sigh*

Moving on!

Points earned so far:
July 1-6: 11/12 points
(I ate my fruits/vegetables every day and moved/worked out every day but the 4th; justified.)
July 7-13: 9/14 so far
(I finished the laundry and put it all way on time on Sunday; so far I've had my f/v every day, and so far I've worked out every day except today. Which will happen when I go home later today.)

Rad, stop eating those Starburst Jellybeans RIGHT NOW. Yes. Right now. *Cough*

Healthy Pony related: We have the Wii Fit Plus work out game and board and last week and so far this week I haven't fluctuated in weight. My goal there was to be at 158 pounds. The two week challenge ends Saturday and so far I haven't gone above 160lbs! (The game allows for a pound or two up or down from your goal, that's normal.) I'm so proud of myself. Especially since last week consisted my only "real" vacation and I had icecream every day. :blush: I asked for an extra small and only had a smallamount of whipped cream and a cherry the last day. Go me! :P

Week Long Challenge
1) Start Day: Today, 7/11 | Sunday, 7/14
2) Goal Is: Drink water
3) End Day (personal): Haha, never! XD Saturday, 7/20. I'll count the points starting Sunday 7/14 and go through Saturday, 7/20. But my personal challenge starts yesterday and continues today. ^_^ We also have the EA Sports Active work out game and the challenge I'm doing there asks me how much water I'm drinking. Uuuuh... none... or a teeny bit with my juice at work... Oops.

I'm going to go back and adjust my point system; the new system is that Monday through Saturday I will eat two servings or more of f/v and work out/movement every day. Sunday with the laundry is the same.

Aside: Ooooh, I hate you laptop! I had a few paragraphs typed.... stupid touchpad that won't turn off! Bump it with the palms of my hand and WHOOP! There goes my text! Ugh! *Breathes* I get a new one in a month!! >.<
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 09:47:42 AM by Rad »
Poo on you Photobucket!

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
Re: Healthy Pony Summer Edition! And We\'re Off! Come Join Us:)
« Reply #139 on: July 12, 2013, 11:47:36 AM »
hugs on the internet and laptop....I know tech frustrations. The reason the challenge has you choose a start day is so you could choose when to start. It would be available if a new pony joined us. They could still do the challenge even though they started late.

As for points feel free to post them here. It is nice to have some to reference later on:) I have a note book as well that I record my points. I am doing ok on my challenge....but I just got paid for doing a piano lesson...well that cash is BURNING! Its close to my girly time and my high time of wanting junk. I am fighting it sooooo hard. My husband was all excited that he made it back to his weight before we left on a trip to Mexico...well I know I havent. I have not measured myself but way too scared too. I just know I would have no issues in a 2 piece swim suit....and now I totally do! I just need to fight this craving...it is sooooo hard. ARG! *drinks water* trying to curb it.

As for yoga and piano....not doing so hot:( Just not getting the time nor the privacy I like when practicing the piano. Yoga is more of me being lazy:P

Post Merge: July 12, 2013, 02:46:39 PM

Just to let you know....I have failed the challenge:( yup. My co worker went over to the restaurant next to me asked me if I wanted anything...I got a cookie for $1.00:( sigh so sad. So I made it a total of 2 days. I am still going to try after today. I do not get any points but I am going to try and finish it out if I can:)
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 02:46:39 PM by Crowning_Glory13 »
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445
Facebook: Voices by Share

Offline spottedslug

• Trade Count: (+106)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 12, 2013, 02:46:54 PM »
Practiced BodyCombat this morning and this afternoon... taught a noon class. That mean I have worked out 4.5 hours today.

This is after going to a punk show on the other side of the state. I am tired!!! I need to go see what veggies are ready to pick in the garden. I wish the carrots would hurry up. Om nom carrots...

And I cleaned 2 rooms today between practice. When is bedtime. >.>

Offline Primrose

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 14, 2013, 04:39:59 PM »
Blarg! It's been so hard to stay motivated already this round. Sheesh! A pony should be excellent motivation  >_<

I've been busier than I thought this month, and things are only going to speed up; my Grama's moving out of a 4,000 sq ft house she's lived in for 30 years to a 1,300 sq ft house. One thing I've learned already from helping her move is that you accumulate quite a few things over 30 years! The thing is, Grama lives an hour away, and on those days, I am usually pretty focused on helping Grama, and when I get home it's usually late and I don't feel like excercising. We also tend to go out to eat more on those days. Grama's house just sold 2 hours after it was put on the market, so now we have untill August 17 to move all of her stuff to her new place or to a storage unit. We thought we would have months to get all of her stuff out, so this was an unpleasent surprise. It means more trips up to Grama's and less time to worry about getting a workout in.

The weather also plays a factor in whether or not I excercise on a given day (a gym membership is out of the question at this point). Usually when I excercise, it's easier to stay motivated and get the other point...sometimes I don't feel like I've done enough if I only get one point, so I wind up with no points at all  >_<

On days I'm not helping Grama, I've been stressing about finding a job, and even when I have "time", it's hard to be motivated.

Today I was sort of frustrated about all of this, so I went to the park and walked 5 miles. Unfortunately, I've already had 2 cups of tea and a little pop, so 0 points again.

lupachiotta

« Reply #142 on: July 14, 2013, 07:45:45 PM »
Did a ton of art today but no cleaning. that's one point. My challenge starts tomorrow!

Offline Eldarwen

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Ponilaatikko
« Reply #143 on: July 15, 2013, 12:07:54 AM »
My challenge is going really well! :D I've completed it every day! One day was a really close one because we didnt have electricity, so no xbox.. But I did get it done after all!  :lol: I hope I can keep it this way until the end of the challenge.

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+312)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Call me Sunny! :)
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #144 on: July 15, 2013, 12:45:11 AM »
Just checking in...

#1 I feel like I'm looking bigger than I have before.... That Stinks!
#2 I have gotten ALL my points for the last 4 days... no candy, working out on target (it's a 2 days on, one day off schedule, today was my off day)

I was mowing the lawn and then in the pool moving around like, for hours today, so, that counts for something... I am hoping that maybe my muscles are a little swollen from the sudden workout kick again, maybe I'm retaining water, maybe I'm wearing a shirt that makes me look bad, lol I dunno... :huh: Frustrating...
Visit my MLP Store for Ponies of all Generations! For Sale or Trade!

My Want List
Formerly Known As: SunshinePony

lupachiotta

« Reply #145 on: July 15, 2013, 06:57:20 AM »
Since part of my healthy habits is art based my challenge was to work on this one horse for twenty minutes a day. He has been really challenging for me. I thought I would come post before pictures.

This side done. The white blanket is supposed to be there.

this side needing the most work. And his belly.

So there you have it. LET THE CHALLENGE BEGIN.

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #146 on: July 15, 2013, 12:15:40 PM »
You are doing so well right now. thanks for the pictures. I am going through a very hard time right now. I put something up in Whats your problem. I sometimes reread my posts so I do not want to post it and be reminded of it. I am not sure how much I will be on for this week. Keep up the work. I will be back just need some time.
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445
Facebook: Voices by Share

ValhallaLilly

« Reply #147 on: July 15, 2013, 12:28:24 PM »
Weekend was hard because mom always wants to stop at the thrift stores so that's -2
I thought i could just stay in the car but I always find pony stuff at our thrift stores so I talked myself into going in...

Offline Rad

• Radical Rad
  • Trade Count: (+45)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
    • Radical Creations
« Reply #148 on: July 15, 2013, 01:11:01 PM »
The second official day of my drinking water challenge is going well... I just need to make sure I drink lots of water here at work and at Vacation Bible School (VBS) later tonight. I started well at home, but then had to make a sign. I got it all in yesterday!

Still doing well in the Healthy Pony challenge. I only skipped working out a second day last week and it was ok as we hung out with friends. But I still stayed within my weight limit! My weight goal for the next two weeks is to lose five pounds. Extra exercising, here I come! Bye bye sweets!

Good luck everyone!
Poo on you Photobucket!

Offline spottedslug

• Trade Count: (+106)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 15, 2013, 05:02:35 PM »
Doing well! Still full points. :slug:

I'm ready to fight tonight. ;) ... how I dress for work, lol.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal