collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

We might loose Crowning_Glory What should we do

Just end it now and start shipping prizes
2 (15.4%)
End this in Aug (only can be done if I have a back up pony helper)
1 (7.7%)
End this July 31
2 (15.4%)
Keep going as plan but we will have a #2 Pony Helper in case CG needs to bail
8 (61.5%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Voting closed: July 25, 2013, 11:49:27 AM

Author Topic: Healthy Pony Summer Edition! And We're Off! Come Join Us:)  (Read 10654 times)

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
Re: Healthy Pony Summer Edition! And We're Off! Come Join Us:)
« Reply #105 on: July 08, 2013, 08:44:59 AM »
hmmmm I think I am going to keep my total points out of this....not looking so good. I have not gotten a chance to play piano or do Yoga!! much this week with the Holiday. My hubby and I are taking scuba lessons so I am getting a lot of work out in, but little time or energy to do yoga or play piano. I was doing ok with no extra snacks until today...I was in a craving mood:( Tried to sway with Blind Bags but no avail:( Sigh. On a fun note we did just get wave 5 in:) The clear/gummy ones with some of the wonderbolts in them and the barber pony with a mustache. Yeah it takes that long. I do feel my snacking comes from fear. Scuba has scared me to death.  We have had 2 really really long lessons (like all day) and I am still freaking out....so I think this time at snagging a bad snack is just putting myself in a panic as we go for another lesson Thursday! In 2 lessons I will be certified to go diving. My husband wants to become someone who takes other divers to dive sites and shows them around. I think they call it Dive Master. He and I want me to be certified using the equipment so if he needs another person to come along I will be able to participate....still terrified.
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445
Facebook: Voices by Share

ValhallaLilly

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #106 on: July 08, 2013, 11:49:52 AM »
So I never officially signed up but I've been trying to keep track anyway.
Screen Name: Valhallalilly
You Goal/s: Floss everyday. I know that's so dull but I want to keep my teeth so there's that.
                   Also I need to save some money. So I will try and save a dollar a day. Or 7 a week etc.

Whats Your Plan: I will get one point for flossing.
                            I will get one point for saving a dollar a day.
                            I will lose 1 point for going to any thrift stores.

Already down 3 points

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+312)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Call me Sunny! :)
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #107 on: July 08, 2013, 11:53:44 AM »
Okay, today I'm back from the fair, and I feel gross and fat. I am stopping all this floating around and starting my Wii workouts again,

I really need to "change" my points because Swimming/Treadmill is... not enough apparently. So, I need to force myself to only get points for exercise when I do a Wii Workout (4x a week) and then Swim/Steps/Treadmill/Dance on the other days... Is that cool? I feel like it's pushing myself harder, not easier, so, it shouldn't be an issue right?

I... will have to go back and read my points. I only got 1 each day of the Fair (Friday/Saturday/Sunday), Thursday I got none. Today I WILL get 2! I know it!
Visit my MLP Store for Ponies of all Generations! For Sale or Trade!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Want List
Formerly Known As: SunshinePony

Offline SourdoughStomper

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • grain free and pain free
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 08, 2013, 11:57:41 AM »
I think I'm going to try making coconut yogurt. I need the happy bacteria to heal my gut.

Also, I figured out that it wasn't the beets that did a number on me, but the probiotic in the refrigerator. It has maltodextrin in it, and that was enough to give me neck aches since Saturday afternoon. I had grains, so I had pains. :shakefist: @ stupid grains of evil! I found a new jar at the health food store without grains, so hopefully that will do me. :)
 Credit to Shaiyeh for avatar.

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
Re: Healthy Pony Summer Edition! And We\'re Off! Come Join Us:)
« Reply #109 on: July 08, 2013, 12:13:01 PM »
Yeah for figuring it out:) Thanks for officially signing up. I can will let the points slide this one time, as I do remember you mentioning it before:)

Yeah I hear you on the pushing harder...I so need to do it. Now that the new wave of blind bags are out...well for my area anyway...I will use that as a perk for a stay away from junk well done:) Still taking out points, but now I have something that I can say you can go get that extra...or you can get a blind bag:)

Post Merge: July 08, 2013, 12:13:39 PM

I am so jealousy you got to go to the fair.....I hope someday I get to go:)
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445

Offline spottedslug

• Trade Count: (+106)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 08, 2013, 08:35:57 PM »
I'm doing wonderful with this! Lots of practice everyday!! Veggies galore. The lettuce in our garden is coming in nicely. Just pick and eat, om nom. ^.^ All points all days so far.  Thanks for the motivation!!

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #111 on: July 08, 2013, 09:09:03 PM »
Awesome spotted!! That's great!  :biggrin:

Not me today! I really thought I'd do better but I was still so exhausted from the weekend I guess. I hope I can motivate a bit later on but, if not... I guess I just... work hard for tomorrow...

My Want List

Offline Radha

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • So Soft Pony
  • It goes ding when there's stuff!
    • View Profile
    • Tactile Memories
« Reply #112 on: July 08, 2013, 09:25:35 PM »
Ok, I'm late to the party but still signing up- this seems great and a pony is good motivation!

Screen Name: Radha
You Goal/s: I've become vegetarian (various reasons) but while that's going well I'm still bad about taking a daily vitamin and making sure to get 3 full servings of different fruits or veggies a day; these are really important but I gloss over them! (And yeah, I know I need 5-7 servings- I'm starting smallish)
Whats Your Plan: Vitamin with iron before bed, and 3 different servings of fruits/veggies every day (every day, Radha!).
How will you get your 2 points in a day: I will get 1 point if I take my vitamin. I will get 1 point if I eat 3 servings of different fruits and veggies.

Do we need to list our prize pony/ies somewhere?

Thanks for a great idea!  :frolic:

Nohpny

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #113 on: July 09, 2013, 10:34:02 AM »
 :cheer: for everyone. No matter good or bad we're trying! :D

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #114 on: July 09, 2013, 11:12:30 AM »
Well said Nohpny!!!

Welcome Radha. You do not need to post your prize pony yet. I will request that later down the path of Healthy Pony. That way you have options in trades or sales. You can still trade or sell your prize pony up to a certain point. Just replace it with another pony like prize.

Well day 1 today so far no extras. I have to make it 3 days before I can have one of the blind bags I bought this week. The next one I have to go 4 days. That would be a totally of 7 days no extras for me. Since my favorite wave is out I can use them sparingly as incentives to keep me on track.

I did get Yoga in yesterday...not so much piano. I so have to get better at both of these too...

Offline spottedslug

• Trade Count: (+106)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 09, 2013, 12:53:38 PM »
OMG... I think I need double points today. I just taught my own group fitness class and subbed for someone else's. Back to back. A 2 hour workout is one thing. Teaching a 2 hour workout is something else entirely.

*melts into a puddle of sweat on the floor*

Don't mind the slug puddle. I'll collect myself before I have to go practice.

Offline Radha

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • So Soft Pony
  • It goes ding when there's stuff!
    • View Profile
    • Tactile Memories
« Reply #116 on: July 09, 2013, 07:56:05 PM »
This is great!  I was highly motivated to make sure I got my 3 different fruits/veggies, and took my vitamin last night just like a grown up (I'm 31  :P).  It's only the first day, of course, but I'm so motivated I'm looking for more veggies to try to earn some extra points after starting late!   

It's great to get online and see other people trying to do the same things.  It's so easy for all of us to push our own needs aside while being 'busy'- seeing that other people do it too helps me remember how important it is to try every day.

Good job everyone, whether you got your points today or not!  ^.^

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
Re: Healthy Pony Summer Edition! And We\'re Off! Come Join Us:)
« Reply #117 on: July 10, 2013, 10:02:54 AM »
Handing the puddle on the floor a nice soft towel to curl up in:)

Just remember we can only get 2 points a day unless there is a challenge.....Well there is one now:) Your challenge is doing something for 7 days. If you make it 7 days you get 10 Points! If you get 2 days in a row you get 2 points, 3 days in a row 3 points, and so forth.  So here is the process:)
1. State the day you are starting.
2. Tell us what you are going to do or not do for 7 days.
3. Tell us at the end of 7 days how many days you went with the challenge.

My Example:
1. I am starting Wed July 10th
2. I am going to go 7 days without buying any extras. No junk food, ponies, blind bag etc.

Good Luck:)

Post Merge: July 10, 2013, 10:16:55 AM

Whew I just sent all who have signed up so far a PM:) I do not normally send PMs on Challenges. I wont be in the future. I just noticed there are a few who have signed up and I had not seen them, so I thought a reminder might be helpful:)

You will get a PM when July 31-Aug 7 Point Totals, Aug 31-Sept 6 Point Totals, Prize Ponies, Shipping location....sounds a lot but not really:)
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 10:16:55 AM by Crowning_Glory13 »

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #118 on: July 10, 2013, 10:29:47 AM »
Awesome for a challenge, just yesterday I DID IT! I GOT 2 points! I for food AND healthy night time snacking (did good on both) AND I also did my Wii workout. IT WAS A KILLER! But I did it. So I'm back on track!

My challenge will have to start today, 7/10
My challenge will be to not eat ANY CANDY!

-READY.... GO! :biggrin:

Also, where do we let you know what we're throwing in as a prize? I have some ponies here who really need a new herd so, I was hoping that one/two of them could be my donation prize! :)

My Want List

Offline SourdoughStomper

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • grain free and pain free
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 10, 2013, 10:36:35 AM »
:wonder: What do to for my own challenge...
 Credit to Shaiyeh for avatar.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal