collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: PC - Grandma's old china dolls  (Read 596 times)

Offline Storm.Runner

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Berkshire Exmoors
PC - Grandma's old china dolls
« on: June 11, 2013, 05:06:06 AM »
I'm afraid I don't have much information on these, but my Grandma has given me as much info as she can until we can get the dolls out of her loft. She's giving me her four china dolls to sell.

I need a price check on four china dolls. They're apparently baby dolls, a bit like Baby Born xD
Grandma had them when she was a young girl so they're at least 60 years old and should be in good condition.

I realise that until I can get pictures and more information any estimates will be estimates and hazy, but I'm in desperate need of money right now so thought it would be a good idea to try to get a rough idea of what I could ask for them. I'm reluctant to put them up on evilBay so will be advertising them here, but again need rough price estimates for now xD

Can anyone help please?

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
Re: PC - Grandma's old china dolls
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2013, 06:35:41 AM »
It all depends on make, year, condition.... they could be worth nothing, or they could be worth quite a bit. But, until we get pictures and better descriptions, I don't think you'll get too much info or a pc, sorry ^^;

Offline Storm.Runner

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Berkshire Exmoors
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2013, 10:46:36 AM »
Haha yeah I wasn't expecting much joy in finding a PC this early on xD
I'll try to get some information this weekend when I'm down at my grandparents house, hopefully Grandma will know something about them and I can get some pictures. They're up in her attic at the moment though.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2013, 10:51:54 AM »
Agree with the above-  also, finding information about the dolls can be really tricky.

What I've seen some people doing is taking their dolls to a doll show and asking some of the old collector lady's there who might actually recognize your doll.  (sometimes there is little if any identifying marks)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal