collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Unhappy with eBay purchase, what to do?  (Read 473 times)

Offline ponylovingmomma

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Unhappy with eBay purchase, what to do?
« on: June 10, 2013, 02:42:42 PM »
So I recently won an auction for a pony I have wanted desperately, Starflower. http://www.ebay.com/itm/200928713625?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649 I paid a pretty penny for her since I was under the impression she was in good condition with only the discoloring from her hair on her back and neck which can be seen in the photo.

I received her today and this is not the case. Her horn tip has been chewed up pretty bad and she stinks of mildew as well. I'm not really sure what to do? I have never been unhappy with an eBay purchase before. Any advice? I don't want to send her back but at the same time I am not pleased I paid over $17 for a pony with a chewed horn. The chewed horn would drastically cut her price IMO.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Unhappy with eBay purchase, what to do?
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2013, 02:50:07 PM »
The best course of action is to contact your seller. She maybe willing to work something out without you having to return it. But be prepared that if they are not willing they are under no obligation to offer you a partial refund, you will have to return the pony at your expense  :huh:

But that is where I would start with contacting them first.

:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2013, 02:52:11 PM »
While they haven't disclosed it in the description, it is visible in the photo, and you might find it tough to say not as described. I know I always miss horn faults though, it's just something that I tend to look over. I had this girl on my watch list but had the g2 swap so passed her up.. and I didn't notice the horn fault either. I'm pretty sure your only options are to keep her, or send her back for a full refund, and be out the cost of return shipping with tracking. Unfortunately this is one of those sellers that has fantastic photos, but a cruddy description, and because they pointed out one flaw everyone missed the other just-as-bad one!

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline himmie

• Trade Count: (+137)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Need More Boy Ponies
    • View Profile
    • Himmie's Collection
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2013, 03:27:51 PM »
Yeah, the horn issue is visible in the photos so it may be difficult to say it was not as described. They did not however mention that she was stinky. Perhaps you could bring this up because it was not mentioned and try for a partial refund? Good luck!
WTB: MOC and Nirvana Boy Ponies
My Collection | Want List | eBay Store

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2013, 05:16:30 PM »
Yea I can see that horn damage so I am not sure its going to work to bring that up since it was in the photo.  I have missed that kind of thing so many times and I will go back over the auction before I contact the seller to see if I actually missed something and a few times I see the damage I missed in a photo and I don't usually contact the seller in those cases.

Post Merge: June 10, 2013, 05:16:54 PM

Oh, but I do agree that the mold smell thing should be mentioned.

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2013, 03:54:40 AM »
Its always a disappointment to receive a pony in worse condition than you expected :(  Its true that the horn fault is visible in the pics though it is not mentioned. The smell should have been mentioned too. Contacting the seller is the right thing to do - give them chance to fix the situation :awake: . They *might* offer you a partial, but they dont have to so perhaps you might want to think about whether you'd be happy keeping the pony if the seller wont do a partial, or whether you'll always be disappointed with her and it would be best to send her back for a full refund.
If you decide to keep the pony, you should be able to get rid of the smell over time ;)
Please let us know how you seller responds

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal