collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Confusion about the Sundae Best ponies  (Read 306 times)

Offline Naraya

• Trade Count: (+72)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • You can never have too many Sundae Best ponies!
    • View Profile
Confusion about the Sundae Best ponies
« on: June 09, 2013, 04:52:56 AM »
Today I was browsing this thread by Sarah-Bee to see if I was missing any ponies in my growing Sundae Best army. And indeed I was, I don't own a single Sundae Best pony with a Pat. Pend. stamp. So I tried to do some research, but couldn't find an answer to 2 questions that I have:

- Is there a Pat. Pend. version of green haired Swirly Whirly or purple haired Coco Berry?
- Is there a "Made in Hong Kong" version of those two?

And could you please post me pics of your Pat. Pend. Sundae Bests? I'd love to see them! :)

And when we're talking versions: Are there NC versions to all the 6 SB ponies? Or only to some?
My wishlist
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline mul-ta

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Actually a Furbob
    • View Profile
    • garden
Re: Confusion about the Sundae Best ponies
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2013, 06:36:34 AM »
Being German releases, I don't think there exists a pat pend version of those two. I'll sit back and wait for a Nirvana guru to confirm this.

Offline minamarie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2013, 09:07:26 AM »
there are china and hongkong versions of all sundae bests (some differ a lot, some nothing at all)
none of mine has an (not even a "removed" one like many others) patend pending stamp

Offline Naraya

• Trade Count: (+72)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • You can never have too many Sundae Best ponies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2013, 09:28:49 AM »
there are china and hongkong versions of all sundae bests (some differ a lot, some nothing at all)

Even of the 2 German ones? (Because I have never seen a Hong Kong version of those.)
My wishlist

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2013, 04:20:09 PM »
mul-ta is right :) The German versions dont have pat pend versions. The only reason for the difference - i.e. the same pony having a pat pend and no pat pend - is due to the time of manufacture. The same pony being sold in the US will have had the pat pend and then when released over this side of the Atlantic it would no longer have it. This is because toy releases work on a delay - we tend to be 6 to 12 months behind the US.

Therefore because the requirement to have pat pend on the ponies happened during a year's production you have the same pony being made with a mould with the pat pend - the pat pend requirement is no more - and then you have the same ponies being manufactured without the pat pend. Hence why the pat pend stamp is often crudely removed in moulds - i.e. if you look at the hoof the area looks either scratched or melted out - it was just that the "pat pend" was poorly covered in the mould in order that the ponies produced in it were the same mould but no longer had the pat pend showing.

All in this means the German versions because they were made after the pat pend was no long required, were only ever released with the mark removed.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal