collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 3D Printer Bubbles!  (Read 3559 times)

Offline Skylar

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+211)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
Re: 3D Printer Bubbles!
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2013, 10:07:28 AM »
My Little Pony is a licensed, branded, copyrighted, trademarked property.  Reproducing ponies with 3D printers is illegal.  :)  More so than Taobao. 

True enough. However, if Hasbro would actually make something cute, maybe other people would not have to!!

Offline LeighAnnApanites

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • "...there is too much, let me sum up."
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2013, 11:09:32 AM »
I am not a particular fan of that pony, but she is SO CUTE! Oh my gosh.

popyduggan

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2013, 11:22:02 AM »
I wonder if in a few years when 3D printers are affordable, people will just download pony toys and playsets from Hasbro instead of buying them at retail? Eliminate expensive oop ponies and packaging all together.

Offline BrightIdea

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2013, 11:25:44 AM »
She looks pretty cute, but I would be afraid that she would break easily.

The point of 3D printers is to make a quick rough prototype, not usually to mass manufacture.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2013, 11:58:27 AM »
I am not a particular fan of that pony, but she is SO CUTE! Oh my gosh.
I agree!  That has to be her cutest incarnation.

I wonder if in a few years when 3D printers are affordable, people will just download pony toys and playsets from Hasbro instead of buying them at retail? Eliminate expensive oop ponies and packaging all together.
That would be really amazing.  But also strange because there are so many things we could make at home and not have to go anywhere.  Plus, people could hack designs and try and sell their own. Also a very strange idea.
Sig art by SquarePeg!

BerryPunch

« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2013, 12:03:27 PM »
I really really really want her. The Vinyl Scratch they make is also perfect in design. The prices are very reasonable as well for an adorable accurate 3D figure. I'm trying to save up to get both.
I've seen some other awesome 3D print ponies that I want to try to get from Deviantart. One person makes Sitting Lyras to sell, and I've even seen a Discord one that is perfect.

This Bubblebutt though is my favorite out of all of all of them. She's just adorable.

Offline elish2

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • As you Wish
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2013, 07:36:55 PM »
My Little Pony is a licensed, branded, copyrighted, trademarked property.  Reproducing ponies with 3D printers is illegal.  :)  More so than Taobao.

It is illegal if you sell them yes, but making them for your own self interest, not so much. :)

I actually have seen an interesting idea of using gigantic 3D printers to "print" houses for people. You pic out the design and the printer makes it in like a day....pretty neat idea if they could get that there....
elish22 | eBay
Thanks Kissthethunder for my Avatar!

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2013, 08:20:13 PM »

And rob me of buying "Rarity...with new hat!" ...pfft..never!  :)

Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

will2Bfree

« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2013, 10:45:36 PM »
This is definitely one of the most adorable :muffin: Pony's I've ever seen.

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2013, 10:49:30 PM »
I've seen these before! I heard that you can make working guns with these printers. But the gun explodes after shooting it XD
My Wish List

Wishing Well

« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2013, 10:49:52 PM »

While the whole ethics for the future of 3D printing is a rather grey area  up for debate (people have printed out working GUNS with these things *it barely worked, but worked none of the less*), this particular piece of work was obviously made as fanwork. I see these figure on the level of selling customs, fanart, and fanmade plushies and figure.

I mean, this Ditzy figurine doesn't look like any Ditzy themed merch Hasbro has produced. If you think it's illegal to sell these, then it should also be illegal to sell fanmade Ditzy plushies or Ditzy customs.

I actually have seen an interesting idea of using gigantic 3D printers to "print" houses for people. You pic out the design and the printer makes it in like a day....pretty neat idea if they could get that there....

I remember someone suggesting a use for 3D printers in the future, quick and easy DIY Housekits for areas struck by disaster.

Simple, area gets totalled by disaster. Aid team gives locals that house kit. Houses stay up until area is rebuilt enough for people to live sustainably. Break the houses down into the printing components. Store until next disaster.

That sounds incredible.

@ Ditzy: My gosh she's so cute oh my.

Offline Archer

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/manga_mayhem/index.html
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2013, 12:46:20 AM »
So much want for this model :D I might have to buy her :)

As for a grey area legality wise, people have been making MLP customs on here for years now, its the same concept so i wouldn't worry about this :)

FrozenVegie

« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2013, 04:52:08 PM »
So did anyone else manage to snag one of these? I was lucky enough to get mine a month ago before the C&D order from Hasbro. I love it, but I'm thinking I might put it on ebay and see what happens, since there are no others for sale right now afaik.

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2013, 03:11:24 AM »

I believe Hasbro are onto them already.
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Offline lonewolf

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Lyra the dance master
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart account
« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2013, 05:56:09 AM »

I believe Hasbro are onto them already.

Yep. They C&D'd them earlier this week, angering quite a few FiM fans. They had 24 hrs. to comply so there was a sudden flood of orders for them once the news was posted. All of them had their orders cancelled a few days later though. 

I always find it amusing they quickly shut down stuff like this in the US, where a few are produced at a time, while companies in China get away with making knockoffs (not the Taobao stuff) that even use official art, and sell them by the thousands around the world.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 05:58:49 AM by lonewolf »

I'm the D to the E to the --- and no filly's got the moves like my big wall eyes. I'm De---licious.
Listen to this song while watching my sig: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTi11bFNdMs :P

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal