collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Shipping questions  (Read 676 times)

Pinecone

• Trade Count: (0)
Shipping questions
« on: June 04, 2013, 01:12:42 PM »
Not about romantic pony fanfics!  :P
What is the best way to ship adult (G1) ponies? Can I ship them in plastic boxes, or do I have to use cardboard? I can't find small cardboard boxes cheaply here. I can wrap the thing in brown paper afterwards.

Can I ship a baby pony in a padded envelope or will she be mercilessly crushed?

What's the best way to send a "moulting" pony losing her flocking? Stick her in a ziplock first?

Hope I got the right section.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Shipping questions
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2013, 03:14:29 PM »
Hmm....actually the thought didn't cross my mind about romantics with ponies. I am old school so ponies are innocent.  ;)

I personally ship them in a baggie in a bubble mailer. It is a cheap and safe method.  I have shipped that way for years and never had a pony damaged from doing so.  Just do not ship a pony that is not thoroughly dry in a ziplock bag, it will lead to major problems.

Where exactly are you located? And where exactly do you plan on shipping to?
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2013, 04:18:52 PM »
As long as its not a winger, you can ship it in a mailer, but do wrap it in tissue paper and then bubble wrap before placing it inside.

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2013, 06:27:02 PM »
*nods in agreement with the others*  :nod: yes you dont have to use a box for most ponies. They are safe to be shipped in a bubble mailer (the exceptions being ponies with wings like summer wings, flutter ponies, G4 glimmer wings, G2 winged unicorns,  and ponies with mechanisms/parts  that can get broken by rough handling such as G1 Brush n Grow ponies, playtime baby brothers. Or of course if you are shipping fragile  accessories  with a pony then it would be safer to use a box too.)
So Soft ponies are safe to ship in a bubble mailer as well - but putting them in a ziplock bag and perhaps adding some extra bubble wrap for protection would help as well :awake:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2013, 09:12:12 PM »
Package your item as if you believe that it will be:  thrown at least 20 feet against a wall, possibly stepped on or have heavy things fall on it, that it will be out in the rain/snow for hours, and that a rabid pack of wolverines will try to claw into it. 

I always put ponies in sandwich bags, seal everything with tape, or use a gallon Ziploc inside a bubble mailer.  Fragile things get twice wrapped in bubble wrap, and cardboard inserts are often used to get ponies safely to their new home.  :)
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline mercynova

• NSS Buttons
  • Trade Count: (+91)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2013, 06:43:54 AM »
I'm pretty sure that sending ponies in plastic boxes would be fine too though :) just bear in mind that it will end up costing you a lot if they're heavy!

I've had ponies sent to me in a lot of weird and wonderful ways over the years :D You can be pretty resourceful with things around the house to ship them in and they should get there just fine! Just take extra care if you're shipping them overseas!

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2013, 07:40:39 PM »
*nods in agreement with the others*  :nod: yes you dont have to use a box for most ponies. They are safe to be shipped in a bubble mailer (the exceptions being ponies with wings like summer wings, flutter ponies, G4 glimmer wings, G2 winged unicorns,  and ponies with mechanisms/parts  that can get broken by rough handling such as G1 Brush n Grow ponies, playtime baby brothers. Or of course if you are shipping fragile  accessories  with a pony then it would be safer to use a box too.)
So Soft ponies are safe to ship in a bubble mailer as well - but putting them in a ziplock bag and perhaps adding some extra bubble wrap for protection would help as well :awake:

Oh yea also like Happy Tails, you would never want to stick that kind of pony in a mailer.

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Pinecone

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2013, 07:44:51 PM »
I don't think their tails are any happier than other ponies'. I haven't asked.

Mailer= thick envelope? I've seen those in dollar stores.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2013, 07:57:28 PM »
I don't think their tails are any happier than other ponies'. I haven't asked.

Mailer= thick envelope? I've seen those in dollar stores.

The thick envelopes lined with bubble wrap.  :)
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2013, 04:05:39 AM »
Package your item as if you believe that it will be:  thrown at least 20 feet against a wall, possibly stepped on or have heavy things fall on it, that it will be out in the rain/snow for hours, and that a rabid pack of wolverines will try to claw into it. 

LOL!! :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:    scarily true, but still funny . Thankfully most parcels dont go through this kind of treatment though it certainly helps to pack your item well  :nod:
I forgot to mention that I usually seal my bubble mailer with tape all over so that if by any chance the parcel *is* left out in the rain/snow/something else wet , the water cant leak into the parcel to damage the pony inside (which is why lots of us also put the pony in a ziplock/clear bag first too)

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal