collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What do you think will be the next Funko Vinyl parings?  (Read 570 times)

CottonTALE

• Trade Count: (0)
What do you think will be the next Funko Vinyl parings?
« on: June 04, 2013, 07:09:52 AM »
Alrighty, so we know that there has been a pattern of releases of having one mane 6 and one popular pony being released as a funko Vinyl figure:

Rainbow Dash ----- Drama Pony
Fluttershy ---------- Doctor Whooves
Pinkie Pie ---------- Lyra Heartstrings

Who do you think the next pairings will be? Personally, I think it will be as follows:

Applejack ---------- Bon Bon
Rarity -------------- DJ Pon-3
Princess Twilight -- Octavia
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 07:12:08 AM by CottonTALE »

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: What do you think will be the next Funko Vinyl parings?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2013, 07:52:16 AM »
Hot Topic supposedly confirmed that the next set will be DJ Pon-3 and Octavia :) So perhaps there will be a little variety in how they are released?
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline OLumeVaSti

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Grumpy Nesmith should be the next meme.
    • View Profile
    • My Want List
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2013, 09:30:51 AM »
Hot Topic supposedly confirmed that the next set will be DJ Pon-3 and Octavia :) So perhaps there will be a little variety in how they are released?

I don't collect these but, I would get Octavia.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Etsy store for vintage and kitsch items.

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2013, 09:34:57 AM »

I never heard them confirm these two as the next set link please?

Also I think the next are

Rarity ---------- DJ Pon-3 (And a sparkly variant of both of them)
Applejack -------------- Octavia (And a sparkly variant of both of them)
Princess Twilight -- Bon Bon (with regular Twilight as half the variants, like the green/red tie) (And a sparkly variant of both of them)
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 09:38:23 AM by Brony Galore »

For Sale Wants

Lightning Twirl

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2013, 10:13:33 AM »
I think the next pair will be clear sparkly Bubbles and RD for the SDCC, then Pinkie and Lyra for regular HotTopic store release. I can see Octavia paired with regular unicorn Twilight, and AJ with Vinyl Scratch. I expect there to be glitter/sparkly clear variants of each character from here on out!

will2Bfree

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2013, 10:42:01 AM »
Yes, they've said (or at least, heavily implied) that the next set will be DJ Pon3 and Octavia. Uh... Aren't you [Brony Galore] the one they replied to with that little nugget of information in the first place? Anyways, I'm excited for both and we haven't even seen Pinkie and Lyra yet! I hope Octavia comes with her collar and bowtie. It'd just be weird if she didn't after Doctor Whooves got his tie.

For those that haven't heard, they've got larger scale ponies in the works, perhaps to be seen next year. They put "larger" in quotation marks, though, which has a couple different possible implications that I won't go into right now. It's been speculated that those will be the princesses (Yay!); although as popular as Discord seems to be among bronies, I wouldn't be surprised to see him get a figure too (I wouldn't care for it myself, but I'm sure it would be well received overall).

They have said that Trixie is on their list of possible future releases, but didn't have anything confirmed for her yet. I haven't heard anything about Bon Bon, but they'll probably get around to her eventually. I don't really care for her character or design, so she's another one I'd skip.

Personally, seeing as how they're already considering different body-typed ponies and how Hasbro really dropped the ball on Chrysalis (my opinion), I'd LOVE to see them do her properly. I know she has a more complicated design, but if anyone has a chance of getting it right, they do. In fact, releasing the whole villain line-up would be pretty epic, but I won't hold my breath on that front and will just be content with what Hasbro's given us so far.

Daring Do is another that I'd really like to see. I think I'd actually squee! And let's not forget Big Mac, Shining Armor, and the CMC... Really their list of possibilities is just endless.

Anyways, I think I need to steer myself back here. As for what I think WILL be released:

Pinkie Pie ---- Lyra Heartstrings
Octavia ------- Vinyl Scratch (loosely confirmed)
Twilight ------- Trixie (To me, those two just seem like they'd be a good pair to release at the same time, even if they're not the next to be released.)
Applejack ----- ?
Rarity ---------- ? (I'm not sure why people think she'll be released with Vinyl; don't you think they have too similar an appearance?)

I don't know. Truth is, the only new characters we've really gotten from them so far is Doctor Whooves and soon-to-be Octavia. Everypony else has already been done by Hasbro. It makes me hesitate about thinking how far they're really willing to stretch. Are they going to play it safe or throw us some curve balls? I really don't know, and I find it exciting how unpredictable it is.

I'm fairly sure they'll release at least one more boy at some point, though. The poor Doctor is already pretty heavily outnumbered. Then again, given his track record of companions, he probably doesn't mind all that much. :P

diamondshy

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2013, 10:48:22 AM »
Anyone looking for "official" proof that Octavia/Vinyl Scratch will be a pair, here's a shot of the facebook page...

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-gQF9c4TjlXU/UZ3nJu-7Z7I/AAAAAAABagE/SbRy09tDFas/s1600/1.JPG

I'm actually excited that some bg ponies will be paired together.  Better chance of a Big Mac or Thunderlane happening if they don't have to be with a Mane 6!  :D

Also has me giddy for a legit Luna~

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2013, 01:16:28 PM »
Yes, they've said (or at least, heavily implied) that the next set will be DJ Pon3 and Octavia. Uh... Aren't you [Brony Galore] the one they replied to with that little nugget of information in the first place?

Um yeah...thats kind of what I was thinking *confused*
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2013, 07:47:26 AM »
Yes, they've said (or at least, heavily implied) that the next set will be DJ Pon3 and Octavia. Uh... Aren't you [Brony Galore] the one they replied to with that little nugget of information in the first place?

Um yeah...thats kind of what I was thinking *confused*

No I remember hearing that she said the next wave meaning the pinkie/lyra wave was either going to be Pinkie and Lyra or Octavia and DJ-PON3 she never said that it was going to be the wave after exactly, but most likely.

Anyways now after seeing prototypes my guesses/ hopes for future releases are as follows! Also want them to be appropriate sized so all the princess and villians larger sized in bigger boxes, and the smaller sized fillies smaller and cheaper.

For Sale Wants

Offline Brandi

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2013, 09:42:00 AM »
Hopefully applejack and dj pon3.

Moondust ,Cremello Quarter Horse = Equine love of my life

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal