collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Which ponies would you have liked to have seen in more episodes than they got?  (Read 719 times)

Offline MJNSEIFER

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Brony For All Ponies
    • View Profile
One could say, in a sense that this is the sister thread to my one about of the toys that never had an episode, you would have liked to have had an episode.  This time however, I am asking you if there are any ponies that did have episodes, but you would have liked to have seen more of them?

The one's I can think of for myself at the moment are;

Generation 1: All ponies used in Rescue at Midnight Castle especially Firefly, but I would like to see them all used more (sorry to single Firefly out, but she was the first pony I ever liked.) As well as the ponies from Escape From Catrina/Katrina*.

My Little Pony Tales (still technically G1): The Glow 'n Show Ponies. 

Generation 3: Lilly Lightly, Sunny Daze, possibly Kimono (for at least a few more appearances), and more of the pegaus ponies. I think Wysteria could have been used more at the moment.

I'll hold on before I mention G4 - I can only think of one pony, and bringing her back too soon could either help or ruin her as a character, so I'll wait.

I know that to some, the strength of G1 was that there wasn't exactly a main cast (even though it came sort of close to having one towards the end, as some ponies got used a little more frequently), but I would have liked the ponies used in the first two movies/episodes (to this day, I'm not sure) to have been shown more.  Even if they had still kept Megan as the one ultimately saving the day, they could have given each of them their own episodes at times, or even just one.  Rescue at Midnight Castle was, in a sense, Firefly's episode, and Escape From Catrina/Katrina* was, in a sense, Sundance's episode.  The other ponies, were just there as a support cast, but some were used more than others.  We could have seen more of the established friendship between the ponies (e.g. Firefly and Medley were clearly friends, or at least in my mind they were) and there could have been a friendship shown between ponies who we never saw meet each other in the show, due to never crossing over.

Also, am I the only one who thought Ember was going to get her own episode?  The way she was talking like she wanted to know whether she'd be able to do anything seemed like it was setting us up for something...

Note: I'm not sure how this would have effected the existing episodes.  I will write about the other gens, and MLPT later, but feel free to reply if you want. :)

*I will delete whichever spelling is the least favored.
I will confess to being a brony, but I assure you that the things you may not like about them do not apply to me, I mostly keep the fandom name due to nostaligia, but I do genuinely love MLP as a whole, not just FIM, and not just the popularity of FIM - I genuinely love the show (and all the others)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Baby Fifi of course :) She is enchanting and a little bit silly and accidentally naughty so I would love to have seen more of her in the actual show.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
Hmm hmmm original Applejack! She's my favorite G1, and I would loved to have seen more of her.
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline Violet CLM

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sunset Shimmer did nothing wrong
    • View Profile
Thistle Whistle. Did she have prominent roles in two whole specials? Yes, sure. But that's not enough!

Sunny Daze too, I guess... she was one of the original main characters, but never really got to do much of anything, and she had a fairly unique personality. Sparkleworks and Cotton Candy never did very much either, but I like Sunny's colors better.

Moondancer Jaye

I agree with you about the Rescue at Midnight Castle ponies!! They are some of my favorites (because I first discovered MLP through them as a child) and I would have much enjoyed seeing them in more episodes. I also thought that Ember was just soooo cute!!!  ^.^

Also, like MJNSEIFER mentioned, I think I would have liked the '80s cartoon to have a main cast like Friendship is Magic does. When watching the '80s episodes I found that there were many many many ponies here and there and you never got a chance to see a particular one as much as you wanted to or get attached to them (not much character development; I think it was more pony product placement than anything else). But I still enjoy watching the old episodes.

It would be GREAT if they would bring original G1 characters into the existing Friendship is Magic series!! 
In the first Friendship is Magic episode, they mention Moondancer's name, but you never saw her. Would be fun if she made an appearance at some point   :)

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
Definitely adult sea ponies, Locket, So Soft Twilight, and we didn't really see too much of Masquerade either. And MIMIC!!!! She only had one episode, but it's one of my favorites ^.^ And yep, all the ponies in Midnight Castle and Katrina :) Especially Twilight and Glory!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
My Wish List

Offline ravengusty

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
Firefly and Medley have always been best friends to me, they always used to hangout together in books and they'd sometimes mess about with Sprinkles too. Sprinkles would be good to see.

Ponies like Peachy, Minty, Blossom, Butterscotch, Snuzzle too. Cotton Candy, Lemon Drop and Bowtie I can't remember seeing much of.

Bouncy Bouncy Bouncy Bouncy  :frolic: would love to see Bouncy in a movie and all the TE ponies with greater roles, like Bright Eyes, don't remember even seeing her. Saw Masquerade, Locket, Fizzy, Sweet stuff, Gingerbread and Galaxy. Mimic was in Quest for the Golden Horseshoes but only right at the beginning and right at the end.

I'm going to stop now because I could go on about this allllllllllllllllll day  :biggrin:
my new fan page https://www.facebook.com/princessofpowerukfan
:socks:
Just so you know...I open boxes! My cash, my pony, my choice  :biggrin:
Respect to Box lovers you have stronger will than I do...peace  :)

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
There are certain ponies that got more episodes than others, I think (Gusty, Truly, Wind Whistler's sort of in the middle) but I think it would've been nice to see some character progression over time.  Did Ember find her talent?  Did Sundance stop being so clumsy?

So, I'd like to see more: Sundance, Medley, Ember.  I'd like at least another mention of the big brothers.  And for Majesty to have a bigger presence.  Being their *queen* and all.   :)

G3 wise, I would've liked Kimono to have more scenes.  And the g3 unicorns/Pegasus (excluding Starcatcher.). Honolulu-loo would've been nice to see more often.  :)
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Ribbon and masquerade! They are my two g1 favorites from the show!
Also the 2nd release of the adult sea ponies (sand dollar, white cap ect) where did they go?
I agree about kimono! Wish they'd shown her more!
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

Offline VanillaBean

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.VanillaTwist.deviantart.com
I'd love to have seen more of Glory, she's so cute in RaMC, it felt like she should have been part of the rescue team. & I was always kind of bummed that Moondancer never got a speaking role. :<
Firefly & Medley as a duo work so nicely together, it's a shame they never returned.

For G3, I wish Kimono hadn't mysteriously vanished after the first special. They took away the only pony who had a thread of common sense & left us with the ditzy characters. Who will they turn to now when they need somone to point out the glaringly obvious?  :P
Hunting for G2 MLP & Pretty Pony Club magazines! :)

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
Northstar, Ember, Mimic for G1
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Offline Brightglowpony

• Trade Count: (+32)
    • View Profile
G1 Skydancer- I loved when Megan flew in on her in "Escape from Katrina."  And for the Tales series, I'd definitely say the Glow N' Shows ;) I loved how Brightglow was a pegasus with big, pretty wings.
Wishlist
Thank you to Witch for my stunning avatar!

Moondancer Jaye

There are certain ponies that got more episodes than others, I think (Gusty, Truly, Wind Whistler's sort of in the middle) but I think it would've been nice to see some character progression over time.  Did Ember find her talent?  Did Sundance stop being so clumsy?

So, I'd like to see more: Sundance, Medley, Ember.  I'd like at least another mention of the big brothers.  And for Majesty to have a bigger presence.  Being their *queen* and all.   :)

G3 wise, I would've liked Kimono to have more scenes.  And the g3 unicorns/Pegasus (excluding Starcatcher.). Honolulu-loo would've been nice to see more often.  :)

Totally agree with having more of Queen Majesty! Did we ever see her in any of the cartoons??

Offline katrine2309

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Every day is someone's birthday - celebrate it!
    • View Profile
I would love to see more of Firefly, Bowtie and the others from rescue at Midnight Castle. And I would really like to see Blossom and baby Blossom - they were never seen in the shows at all I think?

I would love to see more of Glory as well - she has always seemed to me to be the pony with most magic (I don't really know why...?). And I agree about more showtime for Majesty - being their queen and all!

K.
Visit my Flickr for doll & pony pictures!

My wantlist - pony wear, backcards & puffy/flat stickers

Looking for Puffy Stickers: Ripple (seapony), Gypsy and Gusty on original backing

Offline Ninox

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
Definitely Sundance -- for a pony that was "associated" with Megan so often in merchandise, she gets very little screen time in the grand scheme of things. (Shady seems to usurp the role of "clumsy Earth pony with self-esteem issues" as times.)

Also, Baby Sundance -- she's Molly's pony in the toyline, yet all she gets is a brief cameo in the movie. It would have been interesting to see the way she and her mother got along -- would she be just as clumsy, and be afraid that she would never be as heroic as her mother was?

Speaking of which, seeing some of the babies in the series interacting with their mothers (e.g., Mama and Baby Lofty, Lickety Split and Shady) would have been interesting. The only real mother and child interaction we saw in the TV series was between Ribbon and Baby Ribbon (and it was just too precious!).

And yes, definitely more Mimic (what's her personality like? What sort of magic does she have?) and Ember (such an adorable little enigma -- what's her story?).
Looking for these two little Soma fakies:

(photos by Angervo and littlefox)

My Sales Thread

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal