collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: G4 Predictions - I predict in 20 yrs...  (Read 2133 times)

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
Re: G4 Predictions - I predict in 20 yrs...
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2013, 07:50:43 AM »
It's not the design aesthetic of the G1s that makes them seem more collectible... it's the materials they are made out of. 

With G4, bodies and heads are different plastics that deteriorate quickly, eyes are slapped on decal-style, symbols are only on one side, hair is much sparser... so on and so forth. 

While G1s have held up pretty well over 30 years, I keep hearing about G3s and G4s that have consistent deterioration issues.  I don't think most G4s will be in great condition in 30 years, that's all.
Oh, as for the plastic thing, then we totally agree. That was my first remark. :) I do think that some of it will break down, and mismatch. But some of that was seen in G1 times (yes only a few ponies).

I don't think the eyes, symbols, and sparse hair make them less collectible.  I consider that part of the aesthetics.

But I do think there will be some that make it, I don't think 100% of them will be rubbish. So the ones that make it, will be collectible.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Calico_Star

• Trade Count: (+63)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: G4 Predictions - I predict in 20 yrs...
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2013, 10:40:02 AM »
I predict in 20 years....Hasbro's refusal to stray far from the "core 6" theme, constant re-releases, and poor quality control will have driven the My Little Pony line into the ground. Hasbro never will acknowledge the collectors even though they'll be the only ones to stick by them, and only G1s will have any real value. I think the G4s will be just like G3s are now (hard to sell because of the flooded market) except even worse because of the brony phenomenon, there are many more adult collectors with G4s in their possession.

I'm just so disappointed that Hasbro ended the Core 7 only to launch the Core 6 that I can't be too optimistic :P
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: My Deviantart :heart: Commissions: Closed

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal