collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Help with Sugar Apple  (Read 296 times)

Offline Rachel-Eyes

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Help with Sugar Apple
« on: May 30, 2013, 07:24:29 PM »
So last week I got a lot of ponies that included Sugar Apple.

I'm pretty happy since I love her.  :biggrin: But I'm not looking forward to fixing up her hair, since it's... weird.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Never before have I seen such a strange combination of both minty and frizzy.

I know that isn't uncommon for these ponies, but I've never worked with one with these types of curls before.

I'm just wondering if there's a way that I can somehow work the frizz back into the curls, since they are otherwise mint, or should I just straighten them out and then try my first ever straw curling project?

I guess I could just leave her as is, but the frizz is driving me nuts.

Offline Squirrelypaws

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Help with Sugar Apple
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2013, 07:45:14 PM »
In all honesty, I'd try wetting it down and then combing it out before trying anything else.

I've never had that issue with ponies, but I have picked up several curly-haired Barbie dolls that looked pretty much like that, and all it took to get them looking normal again was a comb-out. I don't know if it'd work so well for a pony, as I know the hair material is completely different, but I'd say it's worth a shot.
**Formerly known as GryffindorHermione**
~*{Squirrely's Stuff For Sale}*~
Ponies ;; Dolls ;; Other Toys

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2013, 02:52:05 PM »
Sounds weird but her hair actually looks as though it has burned. I have seen that when hair has been heated to such an extent to make it not just frizzy but "broken and wild" - that is almost what this looks like. But its odd its just on one or two curls :/

Have you thought of treating just that one issue? Cling film up the rest of the hair and pin it together with bobby pins/kirby grips. And then condition, wrap in clingfilm, wash out, add more clingfilm and flat iron. Just the one section. Then straw curl just those 2 ringlets back in.

Yes you will need to be really careful and yes you will run the risk of getting the other hair damp but perhaps its worth a shot before you resort to straightening out the other curls.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Skelletonimp

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • www.typicaltish.webs.com
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2013, 12:58:26 PM »
I have the same issue with some of my Candy Canes. Would love to know if you fixed it. (or when you're still working on it: I would love to know what does work and what doesn't)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal