collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: How to rekindle pony flame?  (Read 640 times)

Offline FluffleNuff

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • ME MYSELF AND PONY
    • View Profile
How to rekindle pony flame?
« on: May 28, 2013, 04:07:55 PM »
I have to admit that I'm losing a little but of interest in my ponies, and I'm really upset. I was hoping that I could have this pony craze forever.

How do I bring my pony craze back?
A PONY A DAY KEEPS THE SMILES ON YOUR FACE

Offline NoPonySpecial

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Beyond the last visible dog, you will see infinity
    • View Profile
Re: How to rekindle pony flame?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2013, 04:16:24 PM »
 Try something new!
 Maybe you could look into other Gens you may not be as interested in, and see if they catch your fancy?
 Or, you could do something different with the ponies you already have, like dressing them up, pony photography, stuff like that.

You can't force yourself to like something. If you do fall totally out of interest, don't immediately get rid of the ponies, in case the feeling comes back!
I'll put something here some time

Offline Winter Bones

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2013, 04:19:26 PM »
I had the same thing happen to me for the past few months. Life and Issues just kind of got in the way, you know? What really worked for me was browsing mylittlewiki in search of a grail: that one pony I'd keep even if I gave away all my other MLPs. Then finding another, and another, and another... It really gives me something to work towards and keeps me focused. Even searching through value village for ponies helps keep me interested, because there's no telling what I'll find. Conversely, you could try spending quality time with your current collection, like styling them or dusting the shelves, or staring a new custom pony if you're the artsy type. That being said, if you're just not feeling it there's no need to pressure yourself into collecting. You can always put your ponies away and come back to them when you're in the mood to, there's nothing wrong with that. Just do what makes you happy.

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2013, 04:20:32 PM »
Run away while you still can!!

Haha... I wouldn't worry.  You can come back to them any time.  Your ponies will always be there.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline Starly

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2013, 04:23:11 PM »
I like researching older gens when I get bored, i learn more about ponies, and I get interest in them more.
When the Equestria Girls dolls show up in stores and you end up with unneeded doubles, PM me! I'll buy them!/i]

Offline Stormy31685

• Trade Count: (+397)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2013, 04:28:20 PM »
Run away while you still can!!

Haha... I wouldn't worry.  You can come back to them any time.  Your ponies will always be there.

LOL!  Soooooo True! 

I would not worry about it either.  You will find a new love for them soon enough.  Hey, you might even need a little break.  Just make sure you don't sell anything you truly cherish.

jaybell

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2013, 06:24:06 PM »
I got bored for a year or so then got back into it! of course I was moving across country, pregnant, had a baby, had health issues soooo ponies weren't really in my mind along with tons of other stuff lol. take a short break, or try something new like others suggested.

Offline GustyFox

• Trade Count: (+102)
  • A Planewalker fox in human disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2013, 06:35:13 PM »
Yes, giving a chance to other gens seems to work most of the times.
But you can just take a break from everything and come back later. I completely forgot about ponies for like 10 years, and coming back was so much fun.

Finding some nice trade partners may also have. Part of the pony fun, at least for me, is making friends and getting to talk to other collectors around the world :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Lovely GustyFox adoptable by MoonFlower. Thank you.

Offline Eternia

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • MOC Mimic
  • The girliest
    • View Profile
    • Oat Couture
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2013, 06:36:26 PM »
it happens. just don't do anything drastic ;) there were a few years where my pony collecting went a little dormant- I wasn't as into it. and it was fine. Got right back into them :) ponies forever!
My Wantlist! Connect with me! Facebook Tumblr Flickr Instagram=oatcouturepony & charmingplastics
No girly swap this year!

Offline Stiletto

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+71)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2013, 06:37:53 PM »
I've lost interested and regained it several times.  Sometimes I just need a little break from ponies but my passion always comes back even stronger each time.  My longest break was about 4-5 years, and I didn't think I would be back but here I am!  My one piece of advice is DO NOT SELL YOUR COLLECTION!  I know so many people who have regretted it.

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2013, 06:47:29 PM »
I get in and out of ponies all the time.  You might want to look at different gens, try different things with them, etc.

Or, you may just need a break.  Sometimes that works, too.  Eventually, you may grow back into them.  :)
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2013, 11:35:23 PM »
I get like this sometimes. You just need to take a break. Stop buying them or you will just burn out even more. Find another hobby for a while. When I'm not really into collecting I tend to play more video games or focus on another collection (like Monster High for a while).
I can never seem to escape ponies entirely. I am sure it will be a lifelong thing for me.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline Feathermay

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2013, 12:06:15 AM »
Sometimes watching episodes I haven't seen helps me. They're not just collectable plastic toys then, they're cute ponies with personality.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2013, 03:01:44 AM »
Just take a break...what would you do if you were bored with the movie your were watching or the book you were reading? Put it down or switch it off. Get some fresh air away and see if it's something you want to go back to.

I see no point in forcing yourself to like and enjoy something if you don't love it right now. Plenty of people collect for a while and leave - some come back to it and some don't. We are all very different people and real life, personal tastes and what is currently fashionable will largely affect us.

I know the normal suggestions may be to try other gens or set some new goals. But you are young and reasonably new to collecting. If you are fed up with them already, then I would suggest having a time out away from them. If you miss them - fantastic! you can get right back in to collecting :) . If you dont miss them then perhaps you can find something new? [and keep those special ponies around you...cause you never know when they may capture your attention again].

You dont have to actively collect - i.e. be buying and selling and ebay stalking - in order to be a collector. You can have a single pony and an interest in MLP and still be considered a pony collector after all. So just because you don't actively collect doesn't mean you cant hang around the awesome Arena :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline ravengusty

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2013, 11:25:31 AM »
I get like this sometimes. You just need to take a break. Stop buying them or you will just burn out even more. Find another hobby for a while. When I'm not really into collecting I tend to play more video games or focus on another collection (like Monster High for a while).
I can never seem to escape ponies entirely. I am sure it will be a lifelong thing for me.

^^^^^^^^ this  :biggrin:

When ponies get a little too much, take a step back, and obsess over something else for a while, if I needs a break from ponies I have Monster High, I also own a 3DS currently playing Style Boutique (that and ponies are my girly niche everything else is black and darkness lol) but Animal Crossing New Leaf is due out next month and Pokemon X in October so I'm good to go.

Ponies forever though yaaaay  :frolic:
my new fan page https://www.facebook.com/princessofpowerukfan
:socks:
Just so you know...I open boxes! My cash, my pony, my choice  :biggrin:
Respect to Box lovers you have stronger will than I do...peace  :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal