collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Do you remember the first time you fell in love.. with ponys?  (Read 315 times)

Offline Tiffymh1fan

• Trade Count: (+116)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Im attracted to shinny glitter
    • View Profile
After a long pony spa weekend I asked my self when did I start loving ponys/horses in general? It took a little bit to think about it but my first love for them started when I was 3-4ish. I can remember the first time I watched wizard of oz and saw the horse in the emerald city that changed colors. It was over from there. I wanted a horse that was not the normal color and I wanted armys of them! Every since than I Collected them. Since I never really cared to be on a computer I never sought after ponys online.. But still loved them all the same. When my daughter was born I started collecting again for her. Even though Im new on the arena, I fell in love with them years and years ago.. Who else remembers when you loved ponys/horses?
Glitter for everyone! :fireworks:

Offline Prince Primbrose

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Quit horsin around!
    • View Profile
Re: Do you remember the first time you fell in love.. with ponys?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2013, 12:12:10 PM »
I remember my mom had a friend in a nearby town who worked with horses... She invited us to come ride her bosses horses for a day. The fellow I rode on was so sweet and gentle. I liked horses before that, but I fell in love with the horse I rode that day... Later the same woman let me ride one of her horses, but she wasn't a nice one and it wasn't quite the same.

I fell for toy ponies when my friend sent me my first beautiful G1. Now they're all over my bedroom.

Offline Tiffymh1fan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2013, 12:18:14 PM »
I remember my mom had a friend in a nearby town who worked with horses... She invited us to come ride her bosses horses for a day. The fellow I rode on was so sweet and gentle. I liked horses before that, but I fell in love with the horse I rode that day... Later the same woman let me ride one of her horses, but she wasn't a nice one and it wasn't quite the same.

I fell for toy ponies when my friend sent me my first beautiful G1. Now they're all over my bedroom.
Awe! I think most of the pony collectors have ponys everywhere probley. My best friend is a neat clean freak and she comes over and asks how my husband deals with so many ponys cluttering everything. Its my way of saying When he gets tired of looking at them he will build me a spare room for them, even if its just a walkin closet with windows.  :satisfied:

Offline ravengusty

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2013, 12:28:27 PM »
As a child I was obsessed with horses because they are beautiful animals, I had the grooming parlour (kiss curl) for christmas and that was it obsession with ponies.

As an adult denied of ponies for a while I saw a newspaper article about Sarah Bee who is a member of the forum and others with loads of her ponies and saying why she collects and such. I was like Dad ponies adult, me collect now. He thinks I'm weird already so it wasn't a problem. Moved in with the boyfriend in January and he didn't mind ponies and has even donated funds to the cause. So ponies ponies ponies yaaaay  :frolic:

It's funny when I get a pony i really like in the mail and i'm like yipeeeeee and he thinks it's funny.
my new fan page https://www.facebook.com/princessofpowerukfan
:socks:
Just so you know...I open boxes! My cash, my pony, my choice  :biggrin:
Respect to Box lovers you have stronger will than I do...peace  :)

Offline PWN-E

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2013, 01:20:36 PM »
I've loved My Little Pony since I saw a commercial on tv when I was very little. I don't even think I could read back then because I wasn't even in school yet! I've never been a fan of horses, though. I was actually terrified of them at that age. My parents tried to get me to ride one at a fall festival but winded up with a bunch of pictures of me crying on a pony. Haha.

GothMummy

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2013, 02:46:58 PM »
i think I was born loving horses, I got my first shetland (on loan) aged 2 and was obsessed with riding him, brushing him, and just being with him even though he was a really bad tempered little shetland who used to throw me all the time.  I do remember so clearly getting Blossom and Bluebell and thinking they were the most beautiful things I had ever seen. I have never stopped loving horses and ponies, both real and plastic. Horses are about the most important things in my life, I just love them and want to be with them all the time!

cleverLC

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2013, 07:53:16 PM »
I literally cannot remember receiving my first pony, and only know when it happened because my first 6 birthdays are all on home video.  I do remember re-discovering MLP a couple years ago, though.

An online friend texted me, "Hey, there's a new MLP show, and it's good!"  I'm all, "No way, everyone knows the MLP cartoons they have out are the worst-made cartoons since that horrible Free Willy series came out."  He told me Lauren Faust was involved.  I decided to give it a shot.  By the end of the first battle against Nightmare Moon I was hooked, and Sky Dancer was out of storage.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2013, 02:25:48 AM »
I honestly cannot remember getting my first MLP - but I know it was Cotton Candy [thanks to mum for remembering!]

I guess it was just an instant bond; I had other toys throughout my childhood, mainly Sindys. But it was always my ponies that I treasured. When I think of Birthday and Christmas and special presents when I was a little girl, I always remember it being pony orientated! I guess I just met Cotton Candy and then fell in love.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Tiffymh1fan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2013, 04:24:01 AM »
Brings back great childhood memorys! Thanks for sharing!  :biggrin:

jaybell

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2013, 07:21:32 AM »
lol no, I LOVED them as a child but I don't remember when or how. I watched the 80s show obsessively and had a kabillion ponies but.... my mom got rid of them all when I grew out of them. I got back into them in my teens thanks to nostalgia and Hot Topic lol and stayed into them until adult hood but didn't start modding them until a few years ago because I never felt like I could but my husband helped me and so now it's something fun we do together. :)

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+137)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2013, 07:54:52 AM »
I have always loved horses, no idea when it started! Maybe with the movie "Legend" which I saw as a very, very young child, and living all my childhood and teenage years wondering what movie it was with the poor unicorns getting their horns cut off?
I remember getting my first ponies for Christmas when I was around 4 or 5, TE Galaxy and NBBE Ribbon.
I think I was born with the horse-loving gene. :)

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2013, 08:02:22 AM »
Mine all started when my aunt gave me her ponies she no longer wanted. We were at my grandmas house!!! I was hooked! I remember going to the toy isle every time I went to the store with my mom. I loved to look at all the ponies :) I was able to get one here and there. I did not have a big collection. But I loved all the ones that I did have :)

Offline LightingElectricDream

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Collecting Since 2002 -
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2013, 09:33:01 AM »
2002 I was 9 years old, We had gotten a huge toy catalog in the mail in September, I went through it many times to find something I liked and saw a Fakie Pony castle and a bunch of ponies, one of them was a white and brown speckle pony and then there where babies in pink pastels. And I though this is weird..I hate "horses at the time".
So I showed it to mom and she said hmmm...those look kinda like my little ponies, I said "Oh I think I rember thoese" Mom looked them up on a Image search and there I saw, Cotton Candy, Blossom, and others, I was disipointed because I thought they looked Droopy and sad, So I droped the idea of getting MLPs, But then the next day I looked again for my self..and they grew on me.
I spend endless hours on DreamValleyACollectorsGuideToMyLittlePony.com
Looking up every one and just fell in love with them.
I however only got a G1 Blossom Plush, Mom never wanted to buy me out of pack ponies, So many flea market finds and coming home crying. Wishing I had 25 cents of my own.

Got back into collecting just last summer and now I am a happy owner of 70 ish ponies "need to count them again" and they fill the book shelf. And my boyfirend dosn't mind them He likes FIM hes not a brony. He bought me most my collection and my Dad too.

My First ever ponies where 3 Likity Split, Heart Throb And Baby Hearts n' Dots.
From there they just pilled up and up. I realize 70 isn't much but Its about the quality and personal taste, not Quantity.

:accomplished:

Offline lemonice

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2013, 09:39:54 AM »
Yes i was about 6-7 years old and me and my mother was in a second hand store. And on a shelf stood baby glory, lemondrop and big brother 4-speed. i just fall in love and my mother bought them for me!!! =)

after that i got for my birthday baby snoozy and bon bon from 7-tales. and then i was just hooked!!!!!!! =)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal