collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Korean Dolls  (Read 417 times)

Offline sparkykandy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Korean Dolls
« on: May 27, 2013, 04:32:40 PM »
Does anyone here collect any dolls that are from Korea?  (Besides Pullips that is.  Those are Korean right?)  I was in South Korea a little while ago time ago visiting family.  While there, I picked up some items of interest: a bunch of anime figures (mostly Type Moon) plus a Gundam model, a shark plush from the Busan Aquarium, a bunch of cute Marvel stuff, and a pair of Korean dolls.

Now, I'm not such of a photographer, so hopefully nobody minds the quickie pics that I took.

The first doll I got was a small Pink Romance Ddung doll.  To be honest, I thought that the bigger Ddung dolls looked nicer, but money and space constraints made me get a smaller sized one.  Also, I didn't care for her at first.  It wasn't until I deboxed her that I realized how cute she is!  Now I want to see about making a dress similar to hers in my size. 

Ddung
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The pics don't show it, but she's wearing little white bloomers with pink ribbons attached under her dress.

The second doll that I got was a collectors doll: Youn Ji/Yeun-Ji. (Not sure which one is the correct romanization; the official website says Youn Ji while the Engrish on the box says Yeun-Ji.) The main appeal/characteristic of this doll are the hanboks (traditional Korean dress) that she wears.  Apparently, she's fairly hard to get outside of Korea.  According to my mom, the one I got is wearing a fiancee outfit.  She's quite lovely looking, and while I want to debox her, I'm going to wait until I can get a suitable display case to put her in.  Also, the box she comes in is fairly nice, terrible English aside.

Youn Ji

For those curious about the Engrish, this is what it says:

korean dress which the stream of line is beautiful
and YEUN-JI who is following our own tradition that
makes to feel out liberal and warmnature.  YEUN-JI would
introduce the beauty of korea widely
Admin of a Cheritz fan forum.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal