collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Second and Third Ponies drawn, fan art/gift art  (Read 615 times)

BlueWolf

• Trade Count: (0)
Second and Third Ponies drawn, fan art/gift art
« on: May 25, 2013, 11:21:35 PM »
So I'm a big fan of the comic books, because I've loved comic books in general my whole life, and now I like Ponies so putting the two together is like Reeces Peanut Butter cups for me.  Andy Price draws the main series (Or at least issues 1-4, the Rarity issue, and then issues 9 and up, Amy Mebberson did a fill-in arc for issues 5-8) so twice Andy put his ponysona and his wife's ponysona in the comics:

Issue 1:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Rarity Micro Series:

I saw Andy and his wife at C2E2 in Chicago, but was too anxious to talk to him too much, although I did  have him draw me a Trixie Sketch Card/ATC.  A month later he was at Motor City Comic Con that I was going too, so I brought some sketch cards that I drew of their ponies as a gift.  I had them at C2E2 but was too embarrassed to give them out, but I was going to do it this time.

So this is the ATC/sketch cards when I sketched them out..

This is what they looked like when I inked them.  They were my second and third attempts at drawing ponies.  I just left it inked and didn't color it because I'm not a practicing artist and I felt acomplished enough just inking it, I was too afraid I"d mess up on the colors.

What you don't see here is my pre-sketching.  I took a standard sheet of computer printer paper and traced the outline of the sketch card 8 times over, and then practiced how I wanted to lay out the cards before I started drawing on the cards because I didn't want to waste any cards.  One I was happy with the size and placement on the practice sheet, I went ahead and drew the cards.  It took like six boxes or maybe seven to be happy with the Andy Pony, but I got the size and placement of the Alice pony where I wanted it the first time. 

So, I got to their table early on Friday for the comic con, commissioned an original piece of art, and gave them their gifts.  They liked them, and his wife thought it was really cool to have a fan give them art.  She showed Kattie Cook who was sitting next to them, and she remembered me because I did end up giving Katie a picture of her pony when I saw her at C2E2.

Then, Alice ended up liking it enough to tweet about it and Andy retweeted it, which was both embarrassing and exciting at the same time.

Offline Diamond

• Hostess of the Wine Cellar
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Time will tell a wonderful tale if you listen.
    • View Profile
Re: Second and Third Ponies drawn, fan art/gift art
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2013, 07:36:31 PM »
That is neat that they liked what you did for em.
:like: me on FaceBook - Crocus Cottage Creations

Thanks to SdS for my avie

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2013, 10:14:13 AM »
Nice :)

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2013, 11:54:50 AM »
That's awesome that they liked them! Great Job!
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal