collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Disney dolls discussion!  (Read 83177 times)

WildLace

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Show me your Disney dolls
« Reply #90 on: June 07, 2013, 07:21:50 AM »
Here is the stock photo for the designer Ariel. So pretty and so expensive  :cry:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Disney Princess Designer Doll - Ariel by Madambrightside, on Flickr

She goes for a lot more than most of the other princesses. Same with Rapunzel. I think they are both in the $200-$300 range. I can get a Jasmine for around $100-$130 shipped, which isn't bad. Maybe for Christmas or something. :lol: I mostly want the mugs though. I collect Disney mugs and the only one I was able to get my hands on was Aurora.

I know. it is so sad. But I hope that one day I will be lucky and find one on ebay from someone who doesn't know her value.....maybe

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 07, 2013, 08:06:05 AM »
Where are you seeing 2-300? ;.; I've only found her a few times for like $450!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 07, 2013, 09:22:34 AM »
Don't worry, Bow Tie, sellers can't leave buyers neg fb (great in these situations!) He totally shouldn't have listed if he wasn't 100% sure about selling--it does sound fishy like he wanted to weasel out because he wanted more for her, but that's just too bad. You bought her fair and square ^.^

Thanks so much! :'D She was listed for $19.99 for bidding and $39.99 for Buy It Now with free shipping. I kept an eye on it, made sure I went on my lunch shortly before it ended so I wasn't cutting it close, bid with under 10 minutes to go and ended up winning! I agree it does sound fishy, but at least he can't leave negative feedback! That makes me feel better! If he truly wants it for his daughter, he can bid on a loose Arabian Lights Jasmine that just went up on EBay that's not at a bad price right now. ;)

Agreed- he can't do that, and obviously his didn't want it that bad for his daughter  if he put it on ebay.  Open a dispute, ebay will explain to him what he needs to do-  and then he either sends the item or gets a strike on his record. 

I was in your same boat recently.  I won a big lot of goodies for a good deal.   A week after I had sent payment, the seller let me know he couldn't send my items because the person he was selling for wanted more, and could I please re-negotiate and maybe send an extra $100.   :shocked:   I explained to him that he was violating the ebay TOS and needed to send the item that he had contracted to sell.   WHen he wouldn't-  I opened a dispute and posted negative feedback.  I also told him that I would be willing to revise the feedback when I got the items.  He sent them.  I revised the feedback to neutral (which I think was fair).  Sounds mean- but reading through his prior feedback- it looked like he had done this before and I'm sorry but if you are are worried you won't get the price you want- spend the extra $2 and post a reserve.

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 07, 2013, 10:29:53 AM »
Mattel already released their stock photo of their doll for the DVD/blue-ray release

It ok. It is nice to see Ariel in a green dress rather than a pink one

ooh!  I like this.  I wonder what the Limited Edition doll is going to be.  I could see Disney choosing green.

shadowdreamer

« Reply #94 on: June 07, 2013, 11:05:40 AM »
Oh I love that Ariel!!! She is my 3rd favorite princess! <3

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 07, 2013, 12:01:35 PM »
Where are you seeing 2-300? ;.; I've only found her a few times for like $450!

I haven't checked her price in a while so I'm not surprised she is going for that much.
-Bow Tie

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 07, 2013, 12:11:21 PM »
Are there any grail Disney dolls for you guys? I would die happy if I could get my hands on a Melody doll from The Little Mermaid 2. I'm SOOOOO regretting I didn't snatch her up at Toys R Us when there were dozens on the shelf!!! I would love to have her MIB, but I would be perfectly happy with a loose one as well. I've seen her go for $600-$700 though, ouch! >_<

Animated version Giselle is my grail! :nod: :biggrin: Also I'd love to get one of the 1997 release Ariels, preferably just the regular one with her in mermaid form :inlove:
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 07, 2013, 01:31:25 PM »
Are there any grail Disney dolls for you guys?

Thanks to my renewed interest in Princess Jasmine - this one *cries softly*

Offline Bow Tie

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 07, 2013, 02:36:37 PM »
I almost picked up a Classic Doll Collection Jasmine from the Disney Store, but I passed on her for now. I don't remember seeing Aurora, but I may pick up both of them since they're $10 each if you buy two of them.

One of the Merida dolls is on clearance for $7.99. She's gorgeous, but I need to stick to mostly Aurora and Jasmine. Though I do want that Limited Edition Ariel! My goodness she is gorgeous! I hope I don't have to fight anyone for her because she is super popular. Thank goodness I work at a mall so I can just skip on down to the Disney Store and purchase her!
-Bow Tie

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 07, 2013, 02:43:05 PM »
Mattel already released their stock photo of their doll for the DVD/blue-ray release

It ok. It is nice to see Ariel in a green dress rather than a pink one

ooh!  I like this.  I wonder what the Limited Edition doll is going to be.  I could see Disney choosing green.
@O@ OH MY. OHOH MY.....Please say this isn;t an online exclusive.

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 07, 2013, 05:13:56 PM »
Ahh! I have to have that Ariel doll! She's gorgeous and I love her green dress :)

I would also love to have Special Sparkles Jasmine. Beautiful :lovey:
My Wish List

Offline Bow Tie

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 07, 2013, 08:33:39 PM »
Don't worry, Bow Tie, sellers can't leave buyers neg fb (great in these situations!) He totally shouldn't have listed if he wasn't 100% sure about selling--it does sound fishy like he wanted to weasel out because he wanted more for her, but that's just too bad. You bought her fair and square ^.^

Thanks so much! :'D She was listed for $19.99 for bidding and $39.99 for Buy It Now with free shipping. I kept an eye on it, made sure I went on my lunch shortly before it ended so I wasn't cutting it close, bid with under 10 minutes to go and ended up winning! I agree it does sound fishy, but at least he can't leave negative feedback! That makes me feel better! If he truly wants it for his daughter, he can bid on a loose Arabian Lights Jasmine that just went up on EBay that's not at a bad price right now. ;)

Agreed- he can't do that, and obviously his didn't want it that bad for his daughter  if he put it on ebay.  Open a dispute, ebay will explain to him what he needs to do-  and then he either sends the item or gets a strike on his record. 

I was in your same boat recently.  I won a big lot of goodies for a good deal.   A week after I had sent payment, the seller let me know he couldn't send my items because the person he was selling for wanted more, and could I please re-negotiate and maybe send an extra $100.   :shocked:   I explained to him that he was violating the ebay TOS and needed to send the item that he had contracted to sell.   WHen he wouldn't-  I opened a dispute and posted negative feedback.  I also told him that I would be willing to revise the feedback when I got the items.  He sent them.  I revised the feedback to neutral (which I think was fair).  Sounds mean- but reading through his prior feedback- it looked like he had done this before and I'm sorry but if you are are worried you won't get the price you want- spend the extra $2 and post a reserve.

Luckily she is on her way to me! I'm keeping an eye out on other dolls. I found another Jasmine I want for a decent price, but I'm trying to save my money for the Fair so I need to cut down on my spending as well as sell more stuff on EBay. :lol:

Ugh. I'm not surprised some people have the nerve to do that. I always list as Buy It Now with Best Offer because it's easier to deal with and I can choose whether to accept an offer not. The neutral feedback was very fair. I would have done the same. I will still give this guy positive feedback as he didn't try to fight me, was very kind about the fact that I still really wanted it and sent it out very quickly.
-Bow Tie

WildLace

« Reply #102 on: June 08, 2013, 06:13:28 AM »

One of the Merida dolls is on clearance for $7.99. She's gorgeous, but I need to stick to mostly Aurora and Jasmine. Though I do want that Limited Edition Ariel! My goodness she is gorgeous! I hope I don't have to fight anyone for her because she is super popular. Thank goodness I work at a mall so I can just skip on down to the Disney Store and purchase her!

Have you seen pics of the Disney store Limited edition Ariel already?? if so please share

The Mattel Holiday Ariel doll is currently being sold online at the mattel website. It shouldnt be long till she comes to stores.

Offline Bow Tie

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 08, 2013, 07:19:58 AM »

Have you seen pics of the Disney store Limited edition Ariel already?? if so please share

The Mattel Holiday Ariel doll is currently being sold online at the mattel website. It shouldnt be long till she comes to stores.

I haven't, I thought that Ariel was the Limited Edition one. My bad! >_<
-Bow Tie

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 08, 2013, 03:00:24 PM »
I tried searching for the Limited Edition Ariel on Google but couldn't find her XD
My Wish List

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal