collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Disney dolls discussion!  (Read 83174 times)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Disney dolls discussion!
« Reply #315 on: September 12, 2013, 05:16:07 PM »
I think the reason Giselle isn't included in the princesses is because since she was based on Amy Adams and the dolls were made in her likeness Disney would have to pay royalties to Amy Adams every time they made something with Giselle At least that's what the rumor is, I don't know if it's really true.

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: September 12, 2013, 05:32:47 PM »
Giselle is an odd/special situation because she is both an animated and live action princess.
-Bow Tie

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: September 13, 2013, 02:50:04 AM »
She isn't in the princess official line up either (and actually did not become the princess in the movie, the dark haired girl did!).

Offline KermitGreen82

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
    • JennyLou Creations - My Etsy Shop
« Reply #318 on: September 13, 2013, 05:25:41 AM »
I could see a doll based off Amy Adams during the live action stuff requiring she be paid royalties but not the animated one. Dinsey messed up there. They should have written something into a contract for the animated character then. Oh well. :( Maybe for the 20th Anniversary of the move? lol
Looking for a dress for a talking Rainbow Brite doll from the 80\'s (around 18\") in good condition with decal.

Visit my Etsy shop! Jenny Lou Creations https://www.etsy.com/shop/JennyLouCreations?ref=si_shop

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: September 13, 2013, 08:04:09 AM »
I don't think Disney even categorizes Enchanted with their other animated films.  It was never meant to be a "princess line up" type of movie, so they probably don't care so much about not being able to market it in toys and such. 

Offline TexasGal

• Cupcake Pony
  • Trade Count: (+158)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pickle barrel kumquat cherrychanga!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: September 13, 2013, 06:37:17 PM »
I'm jumping in if it's ok?  I want a Disney Store Belle SO badly, but for now I only have Merida.  If anyone is selling a Belle (articulated like Merida) I would LOVE to have her. 

Merida by Caetikins, on Flickr

Meantime, Merida has a new dress I want to show off soon!  Will try to get pics this weekend.  =]

Offline Aitsuki

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: September 13, 2013, 06:50:19 PM »
I work at a thrift shop, and there are two beautiful dolls of Belle and Snow White, but I don't know where they come from. The dolls are a light porcelain china,  with soft, rooted hair and really beautiful clothes. They have satin skirts with glittery gauze overskirts, both in gold. Belle has a deep red velvet cloak... I wish I had some pictures. They're very lovely.
My 3DS Friend Code (Playing Pokemon Moon): 2938-6334-2129

Offline Ponyfan

• MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: September 13, 2013, 07:24:37 PM »
I think you're right about enchanted, Marigold. Disney doesn't consider it to be a princess movie and I guess they figured the short marketing campaign was enough.  I just looked on Ebay at The Enchanted/Giselle dolls and it makes me wish I had gotten the Wedding dress one when they were still reasonable prices. 

I also wish I'd gotten a Little Mermaid II Melody doll when Toys R Us had her.  I thought she didn't look like the other Little Mermaid dolls I had at the time and I didn't get her but now she's really rare and expensive now even when she nude or played with. 

TexasGal, I like how you posed Merida in the first picture. :)

Atuski, those sound like Brass Key porcelain dolls at your store. Do they have a little key around their wrists?

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline justkitter

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: September 13, 2013, 11:35:25 PM »
All this talk about an "orange" haired Ariel, made me look her up.

I HAD her growing up!  (and destroyed her, like so many other toys I had back then :cry:)

*sigh*  I always thought I was improving things :|  I guess that's why I have a hard time changing ANY detail about my dolls today.  I don't even like to change a doll hair's style.

One less rare doll in the world -_-  I'm so sorry!
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: September 13, 2013, 11:41:43 PM »
I think you're right about enchanted, Marigold. Disney doesn't consider it to be a princess movie and I guess they figured the short marketing campaign was enough.  I just looked on Ebay at The Enchanted/Giselle dolls and it makes me wish I had gotten the Wedding dress one when they were still reasonable prices. 

I also wish I'd gotten a Little Mermaid II Melody doll when Toys R Us had her.  I thought she didn't look like the other Little Mermaid dolls I had at the time and I didn't get her but now she's really rare and expensive now even when she nude or played with. 

Atuski, those sound like Brass Key porcelain dolls at your store. Do they have a little key around their wrists?

Ponyfan

One of my biggest regrets in collecting is not snatching up that Melody doll! :faint:
My Wish List

Offline Aitsuki

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: September 14, 2013, 12:02:23 AM »

Ponyfan

I don't think so... we're a donations based thrift shop after all.

Offline KermitGreen82

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
    • JennyLou Creations - My Etsy Shop
« Reply #326 on: September 14, 2013, 06:52:30 AM »
They could still be Brass Key. I have picked Brass Key Princess babies up at a Thrift store. Sometimes they are missing the key though. I'm trying to think if Disney Store actually made any porcelain ones but I don't remember any. (Not that I would 100% know.)

A while back Brass Key was coming out with A LOT of Disney Princess dolls.
Looking for a dress for a talking Rainbow Brite doll from the 80\'s (around 18\") in good condition with decal.

Visit my Etsy shop! Jenny Lou Creations https://www.etsy.com/shop/JennyLouCreations?ref=si_shop

Offline toyjunky

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: September 14, 2013, 01:48:59 PM »
I'm trying to think if Disney Store actually made any porcelain ones but I don't remember any. (Not that I would 100% know.)

There are a lot of porcelain Disney dolls out there. Most of them are from other companies however there were some that were released in the Disney Store. There was a set of porcelain princess dolls (sold individually) that were "re-released" through the Disney Store. I say "re-released" because they were already available in other countries (I'm in the USA). They also didn't release all the ones that were previously sold. Ariel, for example, was excluded when they released them here.

I'd say Brass Key is the most likely doll from the thrift store, since they can be some of the most affordable (at original price) but you never know what gets donated. They were offered in many stores and there were a number of different princess versions. It's also possible that they may have mixed outfits, I know of at least one Belle doll with a red cloak, but she had a pink dress. So they may have re-dressed it (of course it may just be a different doll altogether).

Here is the Belle with the cloak

Here is another Belle

« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 01:51:24 PM by toyjunky »

Offline Aitsuki

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: September 14, 2013, 02:11:53 PM »
I'm trying to think if Disney Store actually made any porcelain ones but I don't remember any. (Not that I would 100% know.)

There are a lot of porcelain Disney dolls out there. Most of them are from other companies however there were some that were released in the Disney Store. There was a set of porcelain princess dolls (sold individually) that were "re-released" through the Disney Store. I say "re-released" because they were already available in other countries (I'm in the USA). They also didn't release all the ones that were previously sold. Ariel, for example, was excluded when they released them here.

I'd say Brass Key is the most likely doll from the thrift store, since they can be some of the most affordable (at original price) but you never know what gets donated. They were offered in many stores and there were a number of different princess versions. It's also possible that they may have mixed outfits, I know of at least one Belle doll with a red cloak, but she had a pink dress. So they may have re-dressed it (of course it may just be a different doll altogether).

Here is the Belle with the cloak

Here is another Belle

Those are them! That's the Snow White, in the bottom left, and I think the Belle on the top right is the one.

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: September 14, 2013, 02:26:57 PM »
I am looking for them if they are in good condition and are the right price. Are they still at your store?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal