collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Disney dolls discussion!  (Read 83173 times)

Offline mistic_imp

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Http://www.carolphillipsart.com
Re: Show me your Disney dolls, Now a Discussion
« Reply #270 on: August 05, 2013, 03:12:51 AM »
I can't stop flailing! They just showed pictures of the designer couple dolls!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I need Jasmine and Rapunzel. There's no way I'm not going to get them! $130 is steep, but they will be mine!

Wow- so beautiful!  They are all so beautiful but Rapunzel !!!!  So stunning.

I'm so glad that I pre-ordered Ariel- given the edition size I am surprised the pre-orders sold out already-  but I guess Disney Princesses are pretty dang popular.

yeah these sets are nice ! and that ariel wow she was gorgeous!  if i have any extra $$ and MH hasn't drained me dry in oct.. i might have to look out for her.. i heard they will have more in store in oct too.. so we will see!

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: August 05, 2013, 04:36:12 PM »
Haha... my husband does not like them.  I showed him the picture and for the first time ever he actually had a strong reaction to a doll.  He he said he prefers the Pullips and Ellowyne Wildes and why don't I get those instead.  It just made me laugh because he always says he doesn't care one way or the other, but apparently he does.

I'm still going to go look at the Snow White.  :)

Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline Applejax

• Trade Count: (+56)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
-Bow Tie

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: August 05, 2013, 06:23:32 PM »
October 15!! *saves monies*

Offline FairyDust

• Professor Snape Pony
  • Trade Count: (+47)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: August 06, 2013, 09:37:12 AM »
Wow!  Those are so pretty!

Collector of Jem and the Holograms, MLP, Kitty Kitty Kittens, and of course Totsy ponies.

Offline Dewprincess

• Trade Count: (+125)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: August 06, 2013, 05:36:31 PM »
I am loving the Ariel and Eric set, of course...there's no way I could get $130 to spend on it though!

Offline minercia

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Instagram ♥ @minerciadesign ♥
    • View Profile
    • minercia.com
« Reply #277 on: August 07, 2013, 07:06:22 PM »
Any monsters University dolls?

Will trade for Polly Pockets
ETSY SHOP

Offline Bow Tie

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
Re: Disney dolls discussion!
« Reply #278 on: August 23, 2013, 05:48:37 AM »
So even though I wasn't really interested in any of the Designer Villains, I couldn't resist grabbing Mother Gothel for super cheap. She's $29.99 on the Disney Store website and you can use the 40% off coupon so she went down to $18 before shipping and tax. She was $25 with tax and shipping. Not much of a discount after that, but it's so much better than paying $79.50 + tax and shipping! That was a steal! I'm trying to get Designer Rapunzel from two years ago, but I really don't want to pay $100+ for her so I'll stick with the Fairytale Collection one with Flynn.
-Bow Tie

Offline mistic_imp

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Http://www.carolphillipsart.com
« Reply #279 on: August 23, 2013, 09:20:36 AM »
oh wow thats a great deal! to bad i am broke.. i'd really love to have all  the designer villains girls!

Offline vortex1310

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: September 06, 2013, 12:57:59 PM »
I was talking to a Disney Store employee and they said their store was doing a raffle thing for those expensive designer couples. If more people show up than doll sets are available that day then they take everyone's name and pick them out of a hat. But that kinda sounds lame, if someone took the time to get to the store upon opening and was first in line they still might not get a doll. :/

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: September 06, 2013, 01:56:12 PM »
I was talking to a Disney Store employee and they said their store was doing a raffle thing for those expensive designer couples. If more people show up than doll sets are available that day then they take everyone's name and pick them out of a hat. But that kinda sounds lame, if someone took the time to get to the store upon opening and was first in line they still might not get a doll. :/

They are doing the raffles at other times in the day, not at opening.  The one I went to was near noon.  The advantage to this is that it means you don't have to line up in the wee hours and it discourages some sharks because there is no guarantee they will get one and they can't push and shove and run to the front of the store when the mall opens.

I went to one doll release last year and the line formed outside at the mall was let in and people ran for it.  This meant that many of the people in the front of the line got shoved to the back because the scalpers were MUCH more aggressive about getting dolls.  In fact, I feel pretty sure in saying that the front of the line that ended up at the store was made up of all scalpers, the middle had a mix, and the end was normal collectors and shoppers.

So, I for one like the raffle better because I don't have to worry about getting shoved and run over like what happened to me last year.  So far everyone who has shown up for the raffles have gotten dolls.  I hope it continues that way.  There were even some dolls left of both Snow and Ariel as of yesterday evening. 

Offline Sprinkles

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: September 06, 2013, 02:18:51 PM »
You guys are such enablers! I'm on the verge of starting a Disney doll collection and the only thing that is stopping me is the lack of money. I have two in my shopping cart on the Disney Store site ^^;

Those designer couples dolls are to die for! I love each and every one of them. Even Snow White and she's my least favorite princess.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 02:22:21 PM by Sprinkles »
Pony want list | Doll want list | Starlight's Reference
Thank you TornadoTwist for my avatar :)

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: September 06, 2013, 02:37:55 PM »
Snow White is becoming more and more my favorite princess.  These dolls are helping solidify my feelings for her, especially because her hair is long.

Which two dolls are in your cart?  :)

Offline Bow Tie

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: September 06, 2013, 02:38:36 PM »
I agree that I love the raffle. It makes it more fair for everyone and you don't have to worry about getting hurt from people pushing and shoving. You also get a second chance by going online that night/tomorrow morning. I haven't had a problem so far. Snow White took about two weeks to sell out in my local store and two weeks to sell out online. I went for Rapunzel at my local store on Tuesday and there were only three people there, including myself, for the doll. There are only 4 left at my store as of a few hours ago and she is still available online. The only doll I think that will have a huge crowd is Ariel as she is the most popular princess. It really depends on the area. There are places where there are a ton of people entering the raffle and there are some where there are little to no people entering the raffle. So far it's been pretty easy to get them online. I don't think I'll have any trouble getting Jasmine in a week n' a half. I like not having to get up super early to try and beat people to these dolls. :lol:

The Snow White from this designer collection is stunning! She is so perfect and she is even more stunning when she doesn't have the braid in her hair! Someone took it out and it's absolutely gorgeous!

In other news, my Designer Princess Rapunzel arrived today! I bought her on EBay for $115 which is a pretty good price! I'll post pictures later tonight! I'm hoping my fiance gets me Jasmine for Christmas and maybe one day I'll get Aurora! :heart:
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 02:40:10 PM by Bow Tie »
-Bow Tie

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal