collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Prince and i got invaded by the local news  (Read 2502 times)

Aednatia

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Prince and i got invaded by the local news
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2013, 03:33:21 AM »
Aside from you being a tad nervous and talking a little to fast you did great!! and you look fine.

I like the art work you did that they showed.

Offline babylicketysplit

• Bionic Spine Pony
  • Trade Count: (+49)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • In Spite of your Fear, Do what You have to Do
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2013, 05:34:41 PM »
Thank you guys :)   its nice to have somewhere to go thats semi private for support!  we have been tryng to keep things low profile as much as we can and just keepin it real ;) 

The thing thats hard on me though is the flood of messages in my Inbox on prince's page from parents of children who have muscular disorders like CP and MD etc. begging me to sell or train a goat for their child...   :'( guys its breaking my freaking heart!  i actually went to my barn owner and nearly broke down crying from all the sad stories i was getting of these poor babies! I keep having to send back messages letting these parents know that i dont train multiple animals and i actually dont know why the goats are able to detect it, all this has been accidental and experimental. and i dont own multiple goats i just have prince who was a gift from my barn owner.      I guess i just get worked up hearing about so many kids with these problems and them looking for just a little something to keep their kids safe while outside.   thats what i use prince for mostly is for walking/hiking etc.
Check out my  Esty Shop  and MyEbay Sales!
 (Profits are going to help pay for my Rescue Horse's medical bills) <3
http://myworld.ebay.com/baby_licketysplit
http://www.etsy.com/shop/PoniesAndPets

Offline BlueChaos

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2013, 05:40:56 PM »
Congrats! He's so cute!

Man, some people really have their panties in a twist over this though. It's sad that some people don't have a life and have to argue that a goat isn't a therapy/service animal.

Offline wystearya

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2013, 05:55:52 PM »
Thank you guys :)   its nice to have somewhere to go thats semi private for support!  we have been tryng to keep things low profile as much as we can and just keepin it real ;) 

The thing thats hard on me though is the flood of messages in my Inbox on prince's page from parents of children who have muscular disorders like CP and MD etc. begging me to sell or train a goat for their child...   :'( guys its breaking my freaking heart!  i actually went to my barn owner and nearly broke down crying from all the sad stories i was getting of these poor babies! I keep having to send back messages letting these parents know that i dont train multiple animals and i actually dont know why the goats are able to detect it, all this has been accidental and experimental. and i dont own multiple goats i just have prince who was a gift from my barn owner.      I guess i just get worked up hearing about so many kids with these problems and them looking for just a little something to keep their kids safe while outside.   thats what i use prince for mostly is for walking/hiking etc.

First I just want to say that I think you did a great job!  Especially being taken by surprise like that.

Also, I am sorry to hear about all the requests your getting.  If you haven't already, maybe take the time to make a 'form letter' type of reply to have on hand.  Just tell them what you said here.   That you don't know how this happened, you do not -and did not- train any animals.  You unfortunately have no animals to give them.   Maybe recommend that they get in touch with a local goat farmer and see if the owners will allow their child to hang out with the animals and go from there.  You might even want to put this information up on your facebook page too.  I know the stories have to be sad, but you did nothing wrong.  Your not denying them anything.  Just be honest!   <3

Offline babylicketysplit

• Bionic Spine Pony
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2013, 06:16:33 AM »
Holy sniickers batman! 

MSU and U of M contacted me this morning via prince's facebook messaging system.  they would like permission to study him and i, and my barn owner's goat herd for their animal behavior divisions!! :)   I actually have a years worth of research im going to give them both free so maybe they can help others or come to some conclusions. <3   the muscular thing is what gets me.  all these goats react to it.

Offline Vintergatan

• Knight of the Ebon Blade
  • Trade Count: (+36)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 26, 2013, 06:24:09 AM »
You know, you are doing something really beautiful and really important! And although you can't help those children the way their parents are asking you to, you have shown them that there is a way, they just need to find it!
I also suggest you make maybe a statement on your FB page that at this time you are unable to help anyone as all this is still in an experimental phase etc. Then again, I think a lot of those parents just need to talk to someone who will understand them :(

Also, things might get a bit more difficult now that you're in the media spotlight, but just keep doing what you're doing and don't let them get to you :hug:
~怕眼里月光 会淋湿你的翅膀~

Offline michelle53

• Winger Fanatic!!
  • Trade Count: (+166)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Official Winger Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 26, 2013, 10:03:15 AM »
Holy sniickers batman! 

MSU and U of M contacted me this morning via prince's facebook messaging system.  they would like permission to study him and i, and my barn owner's goat herd for their animal behavior divisions!! :)   I actually have a years worth of research im going to give them both free so maybe they can help others or come to some conclusions. <3   the muscular thing is what gets me.  all these goats react to it.
Awesome news!!!  I've been following your threads about Prince, and he's really found a place in my heart.  I think that animals have abilities that we humans do not, and that they have so much to teach us.  I hope that by studying Prince and his intuitions, many more people will be helped:)

By the way, you looked lovely in the interview!  Don't be so down on yourself!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you Behemoth for my beautiful siggy!
HEY [you]! CHECK OUT MY EBAY SALES!!
http://www.ebay.com/usr/momlilyaria?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Offline babylicketysplit

• Bionic Spine Pony
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #37 on: May 26, 2013, 01:09:50 PM »
aw you are all so sweet.  and im not doing anything its the goats!   <3 :)  and prince the wondergoat LOL

and today i went horsebackriding with the ladies from the barn. i made a big mistake..  never ignore the goat.  EVER.   >_<   we thought he was being whiny and jealous because the horses were getting so much attention, and him and renny really compete for my attention right now, it can be humorous at times. silly things. i love them both.   

well as i was mounted up he kept hopping and biting my pantleg as if to say "No! dont leave me dont go!"  kinda like a toddler.   so the girls and i ignored it.   Welp supergoat senses were a tingling.   about 20 minutes into our ride my eyes started blurring, i thought it was the sun as im allergic.  but then i went into full body muscular spasms. couldnt breathe knocked the wind out of me. (thinking in my head, you FOOL! lol  :lookround:)    And im lucky renny and i have a bond, she pulled off to the side of the road and parked out like she does when i lose muscle control and she caught me this time as it was bad enough it knocked me sideways.  -_-  my mates came to my aide as well, but i was real sick from the abdomen spasms and the sun/heat made it worse.  so we had to turn the party around and i had spasms badly all the way back, i couldnt walk so i had to stay on my horse (luckily shes a good sport)  but i had my two friends shadow each side, like sidewalkers would do.   

Got back and who was there to comfort me.. and also repremand me, Prince. <3  :nope: :hug:  renny shadowed me as well for a long time. i threw up which sucked and laid on the bench for like 30 minutes.  if i had just listened to him i wouldnt have had the issue.  Lesson learned  :blush:

« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 01:19:22 PM by babylicketysplit »

Offline StarDapple

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Bah Weep Graaagnah Wheep Ni Ni Bong!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 26, 2013, 01:45:37 PM »
I saw that on Prince's Facebook page.  I'm glad you are alright!  It is amazing how in-tune he is to your slightest changes that he could tell 20 minutes in advance you were about to have a muscle spasm.  He is incredible!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline babylicketysplit

• Bionic Spine Pony
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #39 on: May 26, 2013, 02:18:17 PM »
seriously i'm baffled as to how he does it!  hes like my familiar 0_0    thats the longest so far hes predicted in advance. granted it was a bad one though (maybe gave off more chemical scent or energy???)   

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal