collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Never stay at a days inn!  (Read 1634 times)

gothtini

• Trade Count: (0)
Never stay at a days inn!
« on: May 20, 2013, 06:46:12 PM »
OMG guys days inn are just terrible! I am at one right now and its actually rather terrifying.  Earlier a man came up to the room and looked in seeing me on the bed he then went to the door and didn't knock, he just got his card out to try to open our door. When dad looked out the window he jumped back, it looks like he thought I was alone and vulnerable!

He's saying we didn't pay for our cat when we did, it kind of feels like a random excuse to grab at considering the cat was visible in the room at the time.  This is an un-accessible "handicap" room. I can't get to the "roll in" shower that is not even a roll in,  and I can only get to one side of the first bed. The distance between the end of the bed and the table against the wall is 20 inches, the require distance is 36. However this is not a building that was made AFTER the ADA laws so its not required to make a room accessible, however they shouldn't advertise it as a handicap room when it isn't one.

I just really recommend to stay away from Days Inn I've been seeing a lot of reviews of how shady they are becoming around the country and it makes me want to stay away from them forever.

I gotta say this is the creepiest stay I've ever had in a days inn. Do you guys have any creepy hotel stays?

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: Never stay at a days inn!
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2013, 07:00:22 PM »
Besides the pile of toenail clippings beside the bed and the Zyrtec tablet on the floor?  This was when the Mouse was 3ish.  Hubby had a coniption and we got moved.   It's not always the case, but lots of times you get what you pay for.  Unfortunately, most of us are not made of $$.
:socks:   :frog:

gothtini

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2013, 07:06:48 PM »
True..our rate a night with the AARP card is 70 dollars a night..I would think that would get a pretty good room at least better then this lol.

Offline kestral_kitsune

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • "We're all Mad here."
    • View Profile
    • my deviantart
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2013, 07:11:16 PM »
hmmm i kinda perfer super8 cause we've had excellent service with them no matter which hotel it was at, even going so far as to bring an extra cot in on short notice
art page
Kestral ref!!   want list
designs for sale and commission information
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

thanks to SDS for my sig

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2013, 07:19:19 PM »
I've stayed at Days Inn maybe once.  No.  Never again.  For a similar rate I can usually find a Comfort Inn and have a much cleaner room.

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

Offline BlueChaos

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2013, 07:27:36 PM »
Some Days Inns are ok, it really depends on the manager and staff.
This one hotel I had to stay at when I had to go out of town for a funeral...just ew. There were cobwebs on the lampshade, dust on the blankets, a broken TV, a broken phone, the toilet made horrible noises, and the whole room smelled like mildew. If anyone had been in that room in the past year, I'd eat my laptop. I would have complained, but it was the last room they had and my parents had paid for it. My suitcase stank after I brought it home :p

Also, Eviecorn, I'm gonna have nightmares about that avatar  :yikes:

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2013, 08:10:30 PM »
lmfao i have a days in horror story as well xD

we were driving to florida (from michigan) cant remember where this days in was, but it was our first night stop lol. we always took the trip in 3 days because we had lots of things we wanted to see on the way there. so anyway  my dad finds this place, we pay and go to our room

first odd thing, all the doors were uniform except ours, xD was this randomly sloppily replaced door that wasn't painted yet. but we figure, its just a door, so long as it works, no worries. well we get into the room and the first thing we notice is like this random pile of wood shavings in a corner, and there was bugs in the sink (ew D:) and then my dad. whos not actually a heavy guy, sat on the corner of the bed, and the whole thing collapsed under him. xD

we walked right back out, we knew we couldn't get a refund, because there are laws saying that if you walked into a room alone then you have to pay for it or something like that, im not sure exactly how its worded or if it applies to all states xD but we walked right back out, got in the car, drove across the parking lot and paid for another room in THAT hotel lmfao.
:heart: My Sales Thread :heart:
Toola Roola Avatar by Pikashoes!

thekozmicpig

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2013, 08:15:24 PM »
I think my family once tried to stay at a Days Inn while driving from Florida to CT (unsure of where, it's not important). The first room had a leak and some electrical issues, so they sent us to another room. I opened the door, turned the light on and a cockroach ran behind a curtain like "Oh man, they found me!"

We left.

Offline stopxmotion

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Support independent film!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2013, 10:41:32 PM »
I checked into a motel 6 once with my family and we had to switch rooms twice. The first room had the wrong bed set-up, and then the second room we were given had blood EVERYWHERE. It looked like someone got murdered and I'm not even kidding. Sooooo creepy. We all huddled in the middle of the room not touching anything until the manager came to take a look.

Needless to say we didn't enjoy our stay at all.
Two more little devils jumped over the wall.
Saying turn her out father, she'll murder us all.
To my fal-de-ral little law-day.

Offline FantasticFirefly

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Loves Accessories!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2013, 10:43:17 PM »
These stories are awful.  :(

Our worst was a privately owned "hotel" that came recommended on an event invite. It wasn't even a quarter booked but they placed my fiancee and I in a room directly above their bar below, playing live music, until 3 am. I don't think I'd ever been more livid in my life. That made the lack of TV remote, hot water that never came and the cigarette burn in the sheets "nothing" by comparison.

Offline Rosencrantz

• Shakespearian Tragedy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I like shiny things
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2013, 11:07:24 PM »
My friend, if memory serves, found mushrooms growing in her days inn room.
 (backcard by Ivy!)

Offline Sea_Breeze

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2013, 11:14:40 PM »
Thats terrible. I would post feedback on www.tripadvisor.com of your experience, you can even specify the exact motel
Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears - anonymous

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2013, 11:29:01 PM »
Wow. We stayed in Days Inn rooms every year, sometimes twice a year, when we went to Disney when I was a teenager. They were always awesome then and lots of fun. I wonder if we just got lucky or if they've just gone downhill since then.

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Eaglefeather

« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2013, 04:05:16 AM »
That's annoying! My Days Inn experiences have been pretty good so far.

Haha, I remember one time the fire alarm went off at one of the motels I was staying at. It turns out there wasn't a fire, but all the guests and staff were in a panick clustered outside!

Offline octocorn

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Don't dream it, be it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2013, 04:42:09 AM »
I stayed at  a hotel that earned Tripadvisor.com's dirtiest hotel  in America award in 2011.  We were going to a comic convention, and decided to stay in the attached hotel, and didn't look up reviews.  NEVER AGAIN. Sitting in our scary room with a door that looked like someone had tried to pry it open with a crowbar, we got on our phones and looked up our hotel. We learned that our key, a REAL METAL KEY mind you, would open every room in the hotel. We also learned that the hotel doesn't give refunds for any reason. We propped a chair up under the doorknob and the next day we took all our stuff out and locked it in the car so we could enjoy the con without feeling like we were going to be robbed. Since that incident I always check reviews for anywhere we're going to stay, lol.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal