collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ever After High Discussion Thread!  (Read 36263 times)

Offline dxgirly

• Trade Count: (+66)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • <3
    • View Profile
Re: Ever After High Discussion Thread!
« Reply #570 on: June 03, 2013, 05:53:41 PM »
Oh snap. I know I'm going to get addicted to this line!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline dragonlady

• Master of Organized Chaos
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+191)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: June 03, 2013, 07:03:15 PM »
I totally missed that Cupid has long hair! I can't wait to see her doll especially if it is different from the MH version.

I am so very excited for that! She looks just gorgeous! I'm probably in the minority, but I prefer this look over her MH look! :)
No I fully agree :) I think it will be interesting to have them side by side

This is exactly why I decided to keep my Cupid (I had been thinking of selling her). They'll look fantastic together:)

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: June 03, 2013, 08:24:47 PM »
I totally missed that Cupid has long hair! I can't wait to see her doll especially if it is different from the MH version.

I am so very excited for that! She looks just gorgeous! I'm probably in the minority, but I prefer this look over her MH look! :)

This is exactly why I decided to keep my Cupid (I had been thinking of selling her). They'll look fantastic together:)

I like EAH Cupid better too  ^.^ I'm fond of my MH Cupid, but for some reason she doesn't totally click with me. Excited to get the "new her" :lol:
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Offline joey

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: June 03, 2013, 09:12:05 PM »

I like EAH Cupid better too  ^.^ I'm fond of my MH Cupid, but for some reason she doesn't totally click with me. Excited to get the "new her" :lol:

I hope there will be an episode about her transferring and getting made over :)

angelfish

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #574 on: June 03, 2013, 10:06:52 PM »
Am I the only one who doesn't love Cupid's new look?  Her MH doll is one of my favorite designs, she's so elegant and creepy at the same time...and bone wings!  Those bone wings are my fav MH accessory ever!  I've bought several pairs of them just to have them for other dolls.  And...she's a rare bone elemental.  I really dislike the 'normal' feathered wings.  I'll have to wait and see what she looks like.

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: June 03, 2013, 10:10:03 PM »
You are in the majority. Many don't like her new look, but I think her MH look suits MH, but doesn't suit the fluffyness of EAH. She would stick out like a sore thumb in a bad way. I think she fits in nicely with her new look. She truly looks like an angel of love. /swoon
-Bow Tie

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: June 03, 2013, 10:55:15 PM »
I like the different Cupid.  There seem to be plenty of MH Cupid dolls around still- so people could always stock up if they don't want the feathered one?

Offline bewilderness

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+79)
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: June 03, 2013, 11:07:30 PM »
I actually prefer her feathered wings and longer hair, although I like the black and white lace pattern on her arms and legs better than them being plain.

Offline egyptiondragon

• Secret Mythic Flygon
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Flying with dragons on a moonbeam
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: June 03, 2013, 11:14:18 PM »
I need the MH C.A. Cupid :( she has now become my top priority for mh now

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: June 04, 2013, 02:25:52 AM »
I actually like Cupid's new look better. I was never a fan of her MH version. I hated her lipstick and hair and I wasn't a big fan of the black on her arms & legs. The new one looks really cute. Of course, I love pink, frilly, girly things, so she kind of fits that.

Offline dragonlady

• Master of Organized Chaos
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+191)
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: June 04, 2013, 04:11:17 AM »
I think a big reason we will not see a Maleficent character is that she is owned by Disney. While Mattel does produce Disney dolls EAH is exclusively Mattel and I don't think they would want to pay Disney for use of the character if they didn't have to:P

They don't own the rights to the Grimm's Evil Fairy, so....that argument is crushed.

Sorry, I wasn't clear :blush: I assumed people were talking about wanting an EAH version of Disney's Maleficent not just an Evil Fairy character. If they meant the latter than yes, argument is invalid ;)

Offline Gothic_Redemption

• Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • aaaAAAAAあああああああああ
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: June 04, 2013, 07:15:09 AM »
I bet EAH Cupid will be cute, but I think I'll end up preferring MH Cupid. I just love her face and the lacy patterns on her, and the shorter hair. Without the lacy bits and the sharp face, I'm afraid she'll lose her charm.

/人 ‿‿ 人\

Offline Icicle

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Come on everypony, smile, smile, smile~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: June 04, 2013, 07:24:03 AM »
I loved MH's Cupid design, but I hated her doll because of the reuse of the Ghoulia face mold. But I love EAH's Cupid just as much because I think it still kinda fits her.

Offline Aeryala

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: June 04, 2013, 09:07:35 AM »
I loved MH's Cupid design, but I hated her doll because of the reuse of the Ghoulia face mold. But I love EAH's Cupid just as much because I think it still kinda fits her.

I feel the same way about Cupid.  It was never upsetting that I didn't see her in stores because of the Ghoulia face.  However, her design is really freaking cool, and strikes a perfect balance of creepy and cute that most of the other MH stuff doesn't quite achieve.  That is totally lost in the EAH reboot, but it's understandable why they changed her design to match the rest of the characters there.

I like the different Cupid.  There seem to be plenty of MH Cupid dolls around still- so people could always stock up if they don't want the feathered one?

That must just be your area, because I've never even seen a Cupid doll in person.  Are there still Cupids sitting on the shelves in some areas?

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: June 04, 2013, 09:12:30 AM »
I just saw one (MH Cupid) at TRU about a week ago- I think they are still be sold.  I recall that there were a million on amazon at some point but they seem to have hiked in price since that time.

I really hope the Ever After doll has actual feathered wings- but I am preparing myself for plastic.

I actually always thought that the daughter of Cupid would be a monster with bone wings-  I mean, why bones exactly?  Cupid certainly doesn't have bone wings. Who exactly was her mother ?
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 09:14:28 AM by Galactica »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal