collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ever After High Discussion Thread!  (Read 37564 times)

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
Re: Ever After High Discussion Thread!
« Reply #555 on: June 03, 2013, 12:49:41 PM »
Oooh nice!  ^.^

Offline Lyra

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: June 03, 2013, 12:59:30 PM »
eeee I think they are very nice!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I....I LOVE this cupid!!...She looks a lot like angel-meroko from Fullmoon wo sagashite visitors can't see pics , please register or login

sorry for having an anime moment there
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 01:05:14 PM by Lyra »
Lyra Silvertongue - not Heartstrings!

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: June 03, 2013, 01:05:14 PM »
Just saw on tumblr that there's a rumor that there will indeed be a Legacy Day outfit line...

Found out on Facebook that every character in ever after high will have an alternate costume (their legacy day outfits)
Just like Monster high did with the basic dolls and the dawn of the dance line.

Yay!
source

She doesn't source who or what on Facebook this came from, so I don't think we should take this as more than a rumor still, but it gives me hope! I want those outfits! :D
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: June 03, 2013, 01:16:40 PM »
Just saw on tumblr that there's a rumor that there will indeed be a Legacy Day outfit line...

Found out on Facebook that every character in ever after high will have an alternate costume (their legacy day outfits)
Just like Monster high did with the basic dolls and the dawn of the dance line.

Yay!
source

She doesn't source who or what on Facebook this came from, so I don't think we should take this as more than a rumor still, but it gives me hope! I want those outfits! :D

That seems reasonable- as the packaging and doll design suggests they are going to follow the MH model VERY closely- except with princess/fairy tail stuff instead of monsters. 

The MH line has done so ridiculously well- I'm sure this Ever After line is designed to get those hold-out moms that think Monster High dolls are "creepy" (yes, I've heard many a mom say it).   One has to wonder though how much the "edginess factor" plays in with the demand for the dolls.  How many kids hear their moms say "NO WAY" and want the doll just that much more?  Just speculation.

Offline Rhini

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: June 03, 2013, 01:17:34 PM »
I assumed as much  ^.^ They certainly wouldn't go to the trouble of designing those outfits for nothing. i'm more curious as to who all will be a doll on the first run.

Rockwella

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #560 on: June 03, 2013, 01:30:55 PM »
I really hope we get a nice amount of boy dolls the first round or so. These will be fun to hunt for! There are lots of stores in my area so I'm excited  :biggrin:

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: June 03, 2013, 01:35:52 PM »
That seems reasonable- as the packaging and doll design suggests they are going to follow the MH model VERY closely- except with princess/fairy tail stuff instead of monsters. 

The MH line has done so ridiculously well- I'm sure this Ever After line is designed to get those hold-out moms that think Monster High dolls are "creepy" (yes, I've heard many a mom say it).   One has to wonder though how much the "edginess factor" plays in with the demand for the dolls.  How many kids hear their moms say "NO WAY" and want the doll just that much more?  Just speculation.

I've heard sooo many moms/dads say they're "creepy" or "ugly" too, while the little kid stands there holding a Lala/Frankie/whoever, doing ineffective puppy eyes... and breaking my heart!  :cry:

I assumed as much  ^.^ They certainly wouldn't go to the trouble of designing those outfits for nothing. i'm more curious as to who all will be a doll on the first run.

I bet we can count on Raven, Apple, Maddie and Briar for sure. Then... maybe the other girls that are shown in this part of the opening sequence?

Boys, maybe Daring, Dexter and/or Hunter first? I feel like it'll likely be heavier on girls for the first run.

Gosh, I love speculating/anticipating XD
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: June 03, 2013, 02:00:55 PM »
Yup! That's the one! It's double-sided! :) Royals on one side and rebels on the other!
-Bow Tie

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

Offline Midnight_Dream

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • May the llama be with you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: June 03, 2013, 02:47:07 PM »
I think a big reason we will not see a Maleficent character is that she is owned by Disney. While Mattel does produce Disney dolls EAH is exclusively Mattel and I don't think they would want to pay Disney for use of the character if they didn't have to:P

They don't own the rights to the Grimm's Evil Fairy, so....that argument is crushed.

cleverLC

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #564 on: June 03, 2013, 05:04:19 PM »
I mean, for crying out loud, The Huntsman from Snow White gets represented and who the heck ever cared about that guy? He was in the story for all of, what, five seconds?

That I wonder as well. Maybe - and please don't take this the wrong way, my dear American friends - because this franchise's first target audience is always the US and the US doesn't know many classic fairy tales that have a male lead who isn't a prince. And they wanted a "manry mayon" presence in the franchise so they picked the Huntsman because "harr he's a tough ranger type with a heart of gold!" ;)

I was already rolling my eyes at "Snow White and the Huntsman", that movie with Kristen Stewart. I was wondering why the heck the Huntsman would need such a big role - oh, wait. He needed this big role because otherwise the movie would have been about two women only and who the heck wants to see a movie about two women, amirite? There's got to be a het romance and a tough male hero who saves the day and shows the ladies how it's done! ;)

Slightly off-topic: I also liked big chunks of that movie. Mostly the fantastic art direction, set/costume design and the soundtrack. If people want to see a well done "dark" version of Snow White, though: watch "Snow White, a tale of terror". It has Sigourney Weaver as the "evil" queen and damn, she plays the role so well.

OMG the costumes. <3  I have a pattern for Snow White's dresses from that movie, and I'm planning on sewing that together for Camelot Days.  I simply could not say no to that gorgeous costume!

I can't help feel everyone is reading into this a bit much. It is, after all, a toy line. Nothing more.

So's Monster High, but, well, we're here, aren't we? :P

I've heard sooo many moms/dads say they're "creepy" or "ugly" too, while the little kid stands there holding a Lala/Frankie/whoever, doing ineffective puppy eyes... and breaking my heart!  :cry:

I showed my mother a picture of some MH dolls, and she said, "They're too weird for my tastes."  But I think if I showed her an EAH doll, she might think it was cute.  A lot of people just don't like monster stuff.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 05:09:55 PM by cleverLC »

Offline Bow Tie

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: June 03, 2013, 05:21:54 PM »
I think a big reason we will not see a Maleficent character is that she is owned by Disney. While Mattel does produce Disney dolls EAH is exclusively Mattel and I don't think they would want to pay Disney for use of the character if they didn't have to:P

They don't own the rights to the Grimm's Evil Fairy, so....that argument is crushed.

Many fairy tales are public domain so people are allowed to use them without it being copyright infringement. If Dornröschen and La Belle au bois dormant are in fact public domain, they are allowed to use her.
-Bow Tie

Offline keylimepony

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Kiwi Tart
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: June 03, 2013, 05:23:59 PM »
I totally missed that Cupid has long hair! I can't wait to see her doll especially if it is different from the MH version.
Thank you TwistedRainbow for my avatar and RainbowJuice for my signature!

Offline Bow Tie

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: June 03, 2013, 05:27:45 PM »
I totally missed that Cupid has long hair! I can't wait to see her doll especially if it is different from the MH version.

I am so very excited for that! She looks just gorgeous! I'm probably in the minority, but I prefer this look over her MH look! :)
-Bow Tie

Offline Rhini

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: June 03, 2013, 05:32:41 PM »

I am so very excited for that! She looks just gorgeous! I'm probably in the minority, but I prefer this look over her MH look! :)
No I fully agree :) I think it will be interesting to have them side by side

Offline Bow Tie

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: June 03, 2013, 05:36:37 PM »

No I fully agree :) I think it will be interesting to have them side by side

It needs to be July so we can see what these gals will really look like!
-Bow Tie

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal