collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ever After High Discussion Thread!  (Read 37553 times)

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Ever After High Discussion Thread!
« Reply #495 on: June 02, 2013, 10:24:12 AM »
Anywho, I don't think anyone has mentioned this yet, but did anyone else think of "Wicked" when Apple was roomated with Raven? I can totally see people doing parodies of "Popular" with the dolls when the come out? LOL :lol:

I present for your consideration:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Oh awesome! I LOVED Wicked!  Now I like this series even more-  they totally have (or are ripping off) that story/dynamic- and it's one I really like!

I do agree with some others that some more diversity would be nice- but I actually think the two dolls I've seen already are really pretty- I don't mind that they look like Lady Lovelylocks, because I love Lady Lovelylocks!

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: June 02, 2013, 11:19:05 AM »
Oh, btw.
Since the trademark for EAH was filed over a year ago... Bratzillaz Witchy Glam Princess, which is also said to be released this summer/fall, suddenly makes a lot of sense *snort*

Yep, there's no doubt in my mind know that the bratz line is just a shameless rip-off of everything mattel makes popular.

At this point the rivalry between MGA and Mattel just amuses me and doesn't anger me anymore. I love to bring it up once in a while since I just like to compare them.
They're constantly "copying" each other, even though MGA made it very obvious when they started to make their own versions of Skelita, Jinafire and now even Wydowna.

I actually thought EAH was supposed to take back the customers the Bratzillaz line "stole" so they made all their dollies same-face and with slightly thicker limbs and smaller torsos (like the Bratzillaz).
Maybe that's why I was expecting them to have inset eyes, hehe.

Offline SweetScoops

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: June 02, 2013, 11:30:36 AM »
Cant.stop.watching.webisodes.

So, "Royals" seems to be the ones that are promised "happily ever afters" and "Rebels" the other ones like villains and side-characters that don't really have "happily ever afters". I like this concept :)

And I like the doll pic too, I'll have to get them! Dropping my Novi Stars collecton for this one! :)
One is loved because one is loved, no reason is needed for loving - Coelho.

Offline joey

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: June 02, 2013, 12:10:25 PM »
Cant.stop.watching.webisodes.

So, "Royals" seems to be the ones that are promised "happily ever afters" and "Rebels" the other ones like villains and side-characters that don't really have "happily ever afters". I like this concept :)

And I like the doll pic too, I'll have to get them! Dropping my Novi Stars collecton for this one! :)

Yeah I take it as characters that are "pure of heart" versus characters with parents who have obvious "flaws"  like: Cedar being the daughter of Pinocchio who lied, Maddie being the daughter of the Mad Hatter who is crazy, and of course the Huntsman who was going to kill Apple's mother. 

Characters with flaws seem to always be more popular since people can relate to them easily.  I find the Royals unlikable at this point, and am rooting for the Rebels lol.  I'm excited to see where they take this series.

animal_lover

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #499 on: June 02, 2013, 12:12:18 PM »
So I just re-watched Raven's webisode. Was that part at the end with the locked up brother always there? I don't remember seeing it there the first time.

Offline joey

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: June 02, 2013, 12:14:23 PM »
So I just re-watched Raven's webisode. Was that part at the end with the locked up brother always there? I don't remember seeing it there the first time.

Yup, they even mention him in the intro episode.  It looks like they already have two lines of dolls they can made.  I like their fancy 'gala' outfits shown at the beginning.

animal_lover

« Reply #501 on: June 02, 2013, 12:17:45 PM »
Yea, I knew about the intro one but I didn't notice this one. I thought they just showed the beginning thing and that was it. Leaving us hanging wondering what it's all about.

Now I feel kind of stupid about talking about my theory on it.  :blush: Obviously it has something to do with raven and her rebelling against her destiny.  :lol:

Offline Yuitsu

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Gamer Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: June 02, 2013, 12:18:04 PM »
(MGA copies of Wydowna type? Linkplz.)

Offline egyptiondragon

• Secret Mythic Flygon
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Flying with dragons on a moonbeam
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: June 02, 2013, 12:25:13 PM »
I think the huntsman is sapossed to be from red riding hood the huntsman that killed the wolf

cleverLC

« Reply #504 on: June 02, 2013, 12:38:00 PM »
As for the Royal/Rebel thing, and my plotline views:
The Royals are the characters who are happy to live with their stories the same as their parents,  and are also for the most part Princes and Princesses. And they all are so happy to just keep to the story because it's their 100% guarantee for a happy ending- it's in the story after all that's how the stories work. They've spent their whole lives being told hey, just do this and you get to be happy foreeever, so of course they're cool for it.
The Rebels on the other hand, don't necessarily want to go through with their story. Like Raven, she doesn't actually waaant to be evil and hated forever, whether she dies or not. Hatter I think is just crazy? But her friend so support. And Red, if she is a werewolf, doesn't necessarily want that getting out. Hunter I'm not sure if he's really a "rebel", and in fact Dexter seems more likely to not want to be a perfect prince, since as a nerd boy he isn't a perfect charming (to most anyway. Some of us like sweet nerds).

Anyways, I'm pretty sure the "Poofing" isn't them vanishing, but their story disappearing because it will not longer be the old story. They'll have a new, unexplored story, which is prolly what locked up Grimm wants, but his brother would rather preserve the status quo.

Seconding this.  But then, I also read the 500 Kingdoms books, and feel like this is another version of the Tradition.

animal_lover

« Reply #505 on: June 02, 2013, 12:48:37 PM »
I'm a bit weirded out by all the people here saying that they expected more from the dolls.
To me they look just like the webisode models. Is there something wrong with my eyes? XD

I expected them to be all same-face because that's how they are shown in the cartoon.
What I didn't expect, though, were painted on eyes. I legit hoped they would have inset eyes or at least eye lashes ^^#
Well, maybe they will be cheaper than MH. Like, MH budget doll price. I'd be very okay with that!

Also we should probably keep in mind that those photos are really blurry and shot from an inconvinient angle.
Maybe the dolls will look better once we can see better pics of them :)

PS: Oh boy, no matter where I look, people are comparing this product to Disney.
Newsflash, Disney didn't invent the tales those characters are based on! The characters don't even look like the Disney counterparts (except for Ashlynn having dark blonde hair) :lol:

PPS: Is it just me or are we supposed to root for the rebels? I don't see anyone identifying with Apple so far. Hehe!

I made a side by side comparison to show what my complaints are, since i'm able to express it much more succinctly visually then I would ever be able to do in words :) (plus why not when I have photoshop so readily at my disposal x3)

I straightened out the picture, then modified the head shape only slightly to be more like a frankie style head mold, and made the eyes bigger and wider with a less sultry expression.

Right now her head shape just reminds me way too much of merida from brave, which is this wide, round, persian-like face, like she smacked herself into a wall real hard and her whole face flattened out like a pancake XD And yes, it is like the show, but it seems too literal, too wide and round for me. Her animated face is a nice oval, not a pancake. Another big irk of mine is the evil/sultry expressions they give to all their dolls, so I modified her eyes to be less cleo like, and more Rochelle like :) 

All really very tiny adjustments, and hopefully this head mold isnt final and the odd angle is making it look more stretched than it actually will be. Like you said, we have no idea where these crummy pictures are from at this point nor the stage of the prototypes, so let's just hope they make them nicer before their release.

And i don't know but rebel all the way baby!

I like your modified version MUCH better! I think I'd like them more with the little bit bigger lips like MH and more of a face up than they actually do. ESPECIALLY if they're all going to be the same mold.  Would you be able to do that with photoshop? I'd be super interested to see what it looks like!

Offline PrincessNikki

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • dressed like a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: June 02, 2013, 01:12:23 PM »
Raven's doll's face reminds me of Amy Lee from Evanescence.

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: June 02, 2013, 01:12:55 PM »
Oh god it totally does XD

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: June 02, 2013, 01:15:03 PM »

... my need has totally redoubled XD
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: June 02, 2013, 01:19:22 PM »
(MGA copies of Wydowna type? Linkplz.)

http://bratzboulevard.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/bratzillaz-fall-2013-prototypes.jpg
Lower right-hand corner, ladybug and/or spider chick (she has four arms)

... my need has totally redoubled XD

Yes! oO

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal