collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Animals you want to see as Monster High dolls  (Read 3001 times)

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Animals you want to see as Monster High dolls
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2013, 03:17:35 PM »
Goat Chimp Pig, the Beast of Royston Vasey!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

from League of Gentlemen. This is the first time I've had a really good look at it..  :blink:

Lookin' freaky-fab, ghoul! Judging by the cross in your back you are a... pastel goth? Fabulousss~

(Seriously now, I saw that picture and laughed for minutes until tears streamed down my face, wtf?)

Offline Jenn77

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2013, 03:37:54 PM »
Love the werebunny idea as well as the rest that every one has come up with.. I'd like a Griffin,Ferret,Goblin,Troll,Gelfling(total wishful thinking there lol),Zebra,Giraffe. Since we have the boogie mans daughter what about the daughter/son of the sandman?
Calypso by~ Corona

Calypso by~ Brightberry

Offline keylimepony

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Kiwi Tart
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2013, 11:00:58 AM »
There are so many great ideas in this thread! Hyenas are very cool animals so I like the previously mentioned ideas. I've been saying for awhile that I'd like a Manny (me being a Taurus and all).

As much as I would love love love a bunny, I wonder if it would invite a comparison with Playboy bunnies. Which would be potential conflict that the creators might want to avoid. I mean, people got upset about the first wave Clawdeen shaving mention (which made no sense).
Thank you TwistedRainbow for my avatar and RainbowJuice for my signature!

Offline lemonice

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2013, 04:49:02 AM »
I mean, people got upset about the first wave Clawdeen shaving mention (which made no sense).

why? stupid!

Offline Zapper

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2013, 05:10:08 AM »
I mean, people got upset about the first wave Clawdeen shaving mention (which made no sense).

why? stupid!

In fact, it's not stupid at all.

People got upset over the shaving mention because Clawdeen was all like "ohhh gotta shave, shave, shave my body to look okay", which is a.) sexist because men aren't forced to shave off all their body hair to get accepted by society, yet women are "gross" or "unclean" for having hair anywhere except for their head and eyebrows.
And b.) it is just incredibly dumb to promote a doll that is all about "be yourself, be unique" and then having her ramble about that in order to look fabulous she shaves her entire body.

Now, when I first read about Clawdeen's shaving issues I just giggled because "hey, she is a werewolf!" and I just assumed the other wolf siblings would do the same (yes, also Clawd).
But I can also see how such a sentiment is problematic when it's about a doll that is sold to 6-year-old girls to promote self respect and being true to yourself.
A lot of people were like "yeah, living up to society's sexist beauty standards isn't really about being rebellious and being yourself" and I agree.

This isn't realy about "why does a werewolf shave?" but about "why the flip does Mattel tell my girls to be unique and live up to society's f-ed up norms at the same time?". It's just as a valid complain as are the non-articulated killer heel feet.
So before you just call anything that criticizes MH "stupid", learn about the context first ;)

Offline RandomPony

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2013, 05:48:16 AM »
It would be interesting to see like a horse and demon dolls ^^;
:frolic:

Offline lemonice

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 26, 2013, 09:21:16 AM »

why? stupid!

People got upset over the shaving mention because Clawdeen was all like "ohhh gotta shave, shave, shave my body to look okay", which is a.) sexist because men aren't forced to shave off all their body hair to get accepted by society, yet women are "gross" or "unclean" for having hair anywhere except for their head and eyebrows.
And b.) it is just incredibly dumb to promote a doll that is all about "be yourself, be unique" and then having her ramble about that in order to look fabulous she shaves her entire body.

Now, when I first read about Clawdeen's shaving issues I just giggled because "hey, she is a werewolf!" and I just assumed the other wolf siblings would do the same (yes, also Clawd).
But I can also see how such a sentiment is problematic when it's about a doll that is sold to 6-year-old girls to promote self respect and being true to yourself.
A lot of people were like "yeah, living up to society's sexist beauty standards isn't really about being rebellious and being yourself" and I agree.

This isn't realy about "why does a werewolf shave?" but about "why the flip does Mattel tell my girls to be unique and live up to society's f-ed up norms at the same time?". It's just as a valid complain as are the non-articulated killer heel feet.
So before you just call anything that criticizes MH "stupid", learn about the context first ;)

okey well know i do understand.

Offline nassib

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 26, 2013, 10:30:46 AM »
I don't think Mattel will risk getting into debates releasing Demon & Angel dolls, though I would really love it.

Offline Zapper

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 26, 2013, 10:36:55 AM »
I don't think Mattel will risk getting into debates releasing Demon & Angel dolls, though I would really love it.

Yeah, I think I've said it before in a similar discussion, but Mattel would probably never make a still worshipped deity or anything that has to do with it into a doll. Especially not characters that could be interpretetd as "satanic". That would be the downfall of the brand. After all it's still a playline product for kids and not a collectors item for adults.

Cupid and the three-eyed ghoul CAM came the closest to an angel and a goddess.

Offline DoomBunnies

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://drefankearse.deviantart.com/
« Reply #39 on: May 26, 2013, 12:41:32 PM »

why? stupid!

I actually know the controversy's context, but disagree with it. I mean, yeah it's living up to society's standards? But I have a friend who will not wear a swimsuit or skirts (despite loving them) if she hasn't shaved in a past two days, because she's been so trained that leghair is the devil and disgusting. I've read articles on child's spa treatments, because apparently if you wax a little girl's legs 3-4 times, you can kill all hair growth on them, even when they reached puberty/adulthood, and just "think of how much you'll be saving her when she grows up!"

The people who have issue with Clawdeen mentioning shaving her legs, should look at themselves and the message that we're already all being pushed into (at least in the US): leg and body hair are gross, and should not be. I mean heck, look at True blood; so many topless men, none of them with chest hair because eww hair is gross.

..Done derailing the topic now, but I have to drop in my two cents on this topic.

On topic- I want to see a lizard girl, with maybe a larger jawline and detachable tail.
He who serves two masters lies to one.

It was when you found out you could make mistakes that you knew you were on to something.

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 26, 2013, 12:59:17 PM »

Yeah, I think I've said it before in a similar discussion, but Mattel would probably never make a still worshipped deity or anything that has to do with it into a doll. Especially not characters that could be interpretetd as "satanic". That would be the downfall of the brand. After all it's still a playline product for kids and not a collectors item for adults.

Goddess all the way!!!

Offline Zapper

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 26, 2013, 01:02:51 PM »

Goddess all the way!!!

Yeah, I love yours so much q__q
Mine is still under construction. I'm currently trying to give her a third arm X)

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 26, 2013, 01:06:41 PM »

Goddess all the way!!!

Mine is still under construction. I'm currently trying to give her a third arm X)

Third arm?!?! Where will you put it?!

Offline Zapper

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 26, 2013, 02:37:30 PM »

Goddess all the way!!!

Third arm?!?! Where will you put it?!

On her butt on her left side ^^
At first I considered a four-armed body, but then she would look way too much like Kali. Something I want to avoid.
I wouldn't want a fashion doll of Jesus, so I also don't want one of Kali XD
And three arms fit her three eyes better anyways.

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 27, 2013, 09:30:06 AM »
Personally, I would totally do a four-armed monster myself. Actually, I ordered a blue six-armed torso several months ago. Once it finally arrives, I need to scramble to get her the body parts she needs. I'm thinking Ice girl head, three eyed ghoul arms and legs. But it's going to be a nightmare getting all the proper parts.

Back to the thread in question, do alien creatures count? I really want some more alien-looking monsters like the three eyed ghoul! Badly!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal