collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Critique on my OC pony designs please? :)  (Read 303 times)

Offline InkyMilk

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Critique on my OC pony designs please? :)
« on: May 16, 2013, 12:18:10 PM »
So yes, these were all created on Pony Creator by GeneralZoi on DA as it's much easier and faster to play around with different designs on the creator to come up with my final design than drawing them (for me anyway, I'm very slow!). These ponies are all based after my OC's I've been writing for a very long time and I'd really like to pony-fy them and maybe write a pony story on them-I've already got some ideas!

Problem is, when it comes to colors and designs, I'm not very good at it. I much prefer to think of personalities than looks and with ponies it's even harder to ensure all the colors mesh well. I notice a lot of my ponies tend to be rather monochromatic and I worry they start to look a little boring after awhile (I rather like matching colors and I don't tend to gravitate to bright colors so that probably doesn't help). So I'd just like an critique or opinions on their designs!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

These two are meant to be twins which hopefully excuses some of their similarities. Unfortunately neither have names as of yet. Once a powerful alicorn working in the guard of Princess Celestia, a dark curse has separated them into two, leaving the unicorn bitter and hurt, traveling the land as he seeks out a way to restore himself to his former glory while the pegasus, found by the Princess, has lived comfortably in the castle, unaware of his other half.

This is Dusty Shadowbox...I'm probably most iffy about his design. He's supposed to be the epitome of EARTH PONY, a bit of a bully but still kind-hearted when it comes down to it.

This is Pan's Labyrinth, a unicorn who sold his soul for dark magic and wings. A self proclaimed King of the Grim Ponies.

This is Off Chance, a plucky, happy-go-lucky pegasus with big dreams of someday flying for princess Celestia.

This is Only Coal, a twinkle-eyed earth pony lost in the big world and still struggling to understand himself.

Offline mopthebunny

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Oooh, who lives in a pineapple under the sea?
    • View Profile
Re: Critique on my OC pony designs please? :)
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2013, 12:30:09 PM »
I think they are all lovely! ^.^ My only criticism would be that the pony twin on the bottom's hair is a tad girly, but other than that they're fab :biggrin: That little one on the bottom is adorable :)

Signature by LordBlumiere

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2013, 03:31:09 PM »
I'm not generally a fan of Zoi's hairstyles but I like the concepts of these.  They'd be interesting to see in your personal style!

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

Offline gemini_pony

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • <3 Pony Time!! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2013, 04:00:33 PM »
I'm not generally a fan of Zoi's hairstyles but I like the concepts of these.  They'd be interesting to see in your personal style!

I agree! I usually use it a jumping off point for an idea then tweak them in my own style.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2013, 02:39:44 PM »
I love the colour combo on Only Coal! The slightly disorganised feeling to him suits the description you have given.

For Dusty Shadowbox if he is supposed to be the epitome of an earth pony what about perhaps including some other neutral colours in his hair or even fading green through brown on his body perhaps?
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal