collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Final Fantasy XII - Opinions?  (Read 662 times)

Offline Archer

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/manga_mayhem/index.html
Re: Final Fantasy XII - Opinions?
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2013, 10:35:58 AM »
I've played all main FF games (except for IX and XI because that one doesn't count lol) and XII has the BEST battle system :) I absolutely loved it. The game was an insane amount of fun due to that lol.

I agree with what others have said regarding story and characters though. For me, the story was great. It was a great political story, however the characters just didn't match up. They didn't seem to bond or come together and there is no one character you'd identify as being the de facto 'leader' of the game. The game seems to go through stages on who the main character is so character development is very sketchy. That said, i did still enjoy it as a game and i'm very big on games needing decent character development lol.

Offline RockinPrettyBeats

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2013, 05:43:12 PM »
Hey guys, I bought it! Not sure exactly when I'll start playing it but I'll definitely give it a shot. I'm excited about what people had to say about the battle system. Although, I found FFXIII battle system boring so I hope it's better than that one.

spookysage

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2013, 07:54:05 PM »
XII is more like previous battle systems, where you can still tell each party member to take any action at any time. Abilities and skills are learned in a similar way to X, if I remember right - everyone starts out with different positions on the same "grid", though XII's looks like a periodic table. Characters don't have associated classes in the original game though, so some people complain you can grind out levels until everyone has everything.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy yourself. And remember, every single Final Fantasy is better than FFXIV (they may have improved it, but I tried the open beta and ugh).

Offline RockinPrettyBeats

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2013, 11:23:31 AM »
That's the online one right? I heard that was a mess.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal