collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Are you excited for the Equestria Girls dolls?  (Read 6200 times)

Offline Private_Bubbles

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • I'm Bubbles, Private Bubbles.
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: Are you excited for the Equestria Girls dolls?
« Reply #60 on: June 24, 2013, 12:58:36 AM »
So I think I'm gonna need the deluxe dolls, as they actually have articulation and some awesome outfits :D

Offline Colorscapesart

• "BE COOL!"
  • Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Fakie!
    • View Profile
    • Custom Ponies
« Reply #61 on: June 24, 2013, 11:45:46 AM »
I love ponies and MH, but I hope some are pony (ish) sized.  It would make for so many cute photo ops!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 24, 2013, 11:53:42 AM »
I ordered some and can't wait!  Thought they would have been here by now- but looks like today or tomorrow...

I love ponies and MH, but I hope some are pony (ish) sized.  It would make for so many cute photo ops!

Someone had the regular dolls posted with the FS size ponies- they look pretty cute together!
I do like that they can stand on their own too...

Ah- here we go! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,333709.225.html  (picture of Pinkie doll standing next to Pinkie pony) -  I do hope that the articulated ones are about the same size- my ponies and dolls are all mixed and I love the idea of displaying these together. 
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 11:56:13 AM by Galactica »

honilee

« Reply #63 on: June 24, 2013, 12:35:21 PM »
Someone had the regular dolls posted with the FS size ponies- they look pretty cute together!

Ah- here we go! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,333709.225.html  (picture of Pinkie doll standing next to Pinkie pony) -  I do hope that the articulated ones are about the same size- my ponies and dolls are all mixed and I love the idea of displaying these together.

Thanks for the link. I think the dolls are a great size; they look good next to the ponies. The articulated ones are the same size as the regular dolls (http://www.flickr.com/photos/venivididolli/9114729060/in/photostream/).

Unfortunately, according to this reviewer they also have peg feet--I'm not really surprised, but I am still disappointed. I really didn't want to like these dolls, but I found myself making excuses for the articulated ones. The peg feet just sort of kill it for me.

Then again, I keep coming up with new excuses, so maybe I'll change my mind once I see them in stores.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 24, 2013, 12:57:30 PM »

Thanks for the link. I think the dolls are a great size; they look good next to the ponies. The articulated ones are the same size as the regular dolls (http://www.flickr.com/photos/venivididolli/9114729060/in/photostream/).

Unfortunately, according to this reviewer they also have peg feet--I'm not really surprised, but I am still disappointed. I really didn't want to like these dolls, but I found myself making excuses for the articulated ones. The peg feet just sort of kill it for me.

Then again, I keep coming up with new excuses, so maybe I'll change my mind once I see them in stores.

Oh thanks for the pic!  I'm not surprised the articulated dolls have peg feet- they probably want the dolls to be interchangeable somewhat.  Boy looking at those dolls makes me realize that they REALLY need outfits that are not molded on-  the molded on shirts look terrible :P  It's interesting to see that they did detailed more expensive dolls AND a more economy line-  maybe they are trying to see which sell better...

honilee

« Reply #65 on: June 24, 2013, 03:47:12 PM »
I'm not surprised the articulated dolls have peg feet- they probably want the dolls to be interchangeable somewhat. 

Yeah, I agree. It's actually great for interchangeability within the line; I was just not wanting peg legs and so was hoping against hope that maybe the deluxe dolls would have feet. (I didn't seriously think that'd be the case, but... yeah.)

Boy looking at those dolls makes me realize that they REALLY need outfits that are not molded on-  the molded on shirts look terrible :P 

The molded on shirts and the peg shoes are just shortcomings I see from an adult's perspective since I like seeing which doll lines can share clothes. If the EGs can share shoes with Bratz, that would be a plus.

The shirts and panties are actually a great feature for children, though. Little girls tend to lose doll clothes and then there are naked dolls everywhere. At least with these dolls, the kids can pretend that they're wearing swimsuits or leotards. The only thing that would look silly then would be their boots!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 24, 2013, 03:53:10 PM »
Good point-  it's true that the first think kids seem to want to do is rip the clothing off...

honilee

« Reply #67 on: June 24, 2013, 04:04:44 PM »
Yup. I think Hasbro making the molded top and "underwear" look like it's all one piece is a genius move on their part.

If nothing else, if I were a parent, I wouldn't feel that the child's room were such a wreck if the dolls looked clothed (even if they technically weren't). There's just something about naked dolls strewn all over the place that unsettles me. I just helped my cousins go through their bedroom and pare down on their toys; I have no idea where my little cousin's doll clothes are--she definitely has more dolls than clothes!

Offline Aeryala

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 26, 2013, 04:07:30 PM »
The molded on shirts and the peg shoes are just shortcomings I see from an adult's perspective since I like seeing which doll lines can share clothes. If the EGs can share shoes with Bratz, that would be a plus.

They can share shoes w/ Bratz, though the you have to push the peg in pretty hard, and the angle of the shoes ends up a little weird and not really conducive to standing.  That could just be my doll though.

Offline aellos

• Girl with the box
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Reluctant warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 26, 2013, 04:10:03 PM »
I just watched the movie, and dang there's so much more potential they have not used for these dolls.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

||DevART||Tumblr||Red Pepper Ref||Flickr||
Don't fall reluctant heroes, I want to be brave like you.

Offline Colorscapesart

• "BE COOL!"
  • Trade Count: (+204)
  • Fakie!
    • View Profile
    • Custom Ponies
« Reply #70 on: June 27, 2013, 06:43:09 AM »
Thanks Galactica!  They are a little bigger than I'd hoped.  Still on the fence.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 27, 2013, 08:38:42 AM »
They can wear Bratz shoes- mine stand just fine with it.  EXCEPT- the shoes make their legs look  WAY LONG! 

They can also wear Candy Pops clothing and leggings- which is kinda great-

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 27, 2013, 08:44:30 AM »
Awesome!  :biggrin: Although now all I can think of is the tons and tons of bratz shoes I've passed up because I had no use for them...

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 27, 2013, 08:45:53 AM »
Awesome!  :biggrin: Although now all I can think of is the tons and tons of bratz shoes I've passed up because I had no use for them...
Not to worries- I think the shoes look a little odd on the gals (long boots would look okay)

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #74 on: June 27, 2013, 08:49:42 AM »
Galactica, I need you to stop it, because you are making these look so good I'm going to end up with every one of them..... :) I'm just kidding... PLEASE spam some more :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal