collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: For anyone considering Midnight Magic dolls for MH customs.. (pic heavy)  (Read 429 times)

Offline Angelkitty21

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
I bought one a few weeks ago to see how they would be to customize, and I decided to take pictures and share some of what I found for anyone else wanting to customize them.

First, the hands..
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

These are both the hands and a Nefera one for comparison.

Note that one hand is relatively normal (though I did have to trim excess plastic), The other is considerably deformed. I don't know if it was just the one I got, or if that is a common problem. I also forgot to get pictures of the forearms/arms with another 5 mm of material just stuck on the ends (I trimmed them to make them uniform). Now, why extend the arms?

Because the legs are so much taller. That is a Nefera, btw. Compared to standard MH the legs are gargantuan. 0-o

The good news is the legs pop off similar to the CAMS.

The problem is, they snap off very easily too.

^if you hear a click sound from moving the leg, that's what happens when you don't stop.
It has been noted before that the legs are like older barbies, made from a rubber material and bend only a limited way. The arms are also made from this material, and I'm not sure how easily it could be painted.

Again, unfortunately I forgot to get pics before I trimmed the excess rubber off. The one on the right had rubber completely surrounding the leg peg. Even after trimming I still can't get the peg out.

Now, the head. In the 2nd pic, you can see the head plug has an odd double circle shape to it.

^As you can see, the female head could only be use if you trimmed the plug (or the head)

Even the male MH head can't fit completely (though it would only need a little trimming to get it to fit)

Another interesting thing about the MM mold, they are considerably busty. o_O Which may or may not work in your favor, depending on what you're making XD

Conclusions-
The MM dolls could be custom bait, but only for those willing to deal with all the excess plastic/rubber trimming (especially where there is articulation) and parts that could snap off.

I hope this is useful for others! Feel free to post this to other boards and stuff too.

Offline Flutterswirl

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
Useful indeed! You have answered several questions I had about these dolls.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 09:36:32 PM by Flutterswirl »

Thanks to *generalzoi\'s Pony Creator at dA for my avatar!

just visiting this planet! (Phl. 3:20)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal