collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Your opinion on the new 2013 dolls?  (Read 1033 times)

Offline Mandy85

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Your opinion on the new 2013 dolls?
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2013, 08:49:34 AM »
A lot of the sets don't interest me this year, but it typically has to be something that really catches my eye to consider purchasing multiples of characters that I already have. All the better for my wallet that they're just not doing it for me. I kind of felt the same about many of last year's pre-existing character releases as well.

So far, this year I've purchased the Scaris Cleo and Lagoona 2 pack, Catrine DeMew, and 13 Wishes Twyla, and I have Bloodgood on preorder. I aim to collect new characters, so I plan on adding Gigi, Heath, Wydowna, and Catty (who I'm actually on the fence about, I'll need to see her in person) to my collection when I'm able. I'm looking forward to Wydowna and Heath the most of the upcoming dolls, and I just adore Twyla.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 10:15:22 AM by Mandy85 »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2013, 09:15:23 AM »
I'm excited that Scarah is getting a regular release as well as Clawd and Gil getting a rerelease despite them being super basic. I'm also excited about Twyla and Gigi and freshwater Lagoona and the classroom 2 pack with Heath. And the 13 Wishes party dolls and Catty are pretty sweet too. I need a job.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite 13 Wishes dolls?
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2013, 09:20:58 AM »
Must-haves: Twyla and Clawdeen
Maybe later: Gigi Grant, because I need to save up on customizing materials first. I want to turn her from a genie into a real djinn ;)

I'd love to see Gigi a sa real djinn-  she's a little too boring right now, although I'll probably get her if I see her. 

I definitely want Twyla & Catty- and looking forward to getting Wydowna pretty bad (one way or the other).

nyanpotato

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2013, 09:24:26 AM »
Since this topic was merged,I would just like to say from 2013.The doll I am LEAST interested is def. Catty,She is really too pink and Barbie-ish,I do love collecting new characters so I will be getting her anyway,I really love sll the 13 Wishes dolls,Especially Twyla&Freshie Lagoona

cleverLC

« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2013, 09:34:03 AM »
I am badly coveting the Heath/Abby combo set, Gigi, Twyla, 13W Howleen, and MF Venus.  SO BADLY COVETING.  Scarah is pretty cool, so if I have the $$ at the time, she's mine.  I probably will also end up getting Catty just because she's my birthday doll--and because I'm curious how her dress will look on Lala.

Dorriebelle

« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2013, 10:06:36 AM »
To be honest, I have sooo much right now, I don't really want more unless it's really exceptional in some way to me. I just culled my overflowing herd to 44 dolls from 50, mostly to make way for the few new have-to-have characters. More than 50 out-of-box dolls is just unmanagable for my space and time, and there's budgetary concerns, too.

Plus, I've bonded with some dolls, and would much rather have, say Operetta's stock from Picture Day for my sig Oppy than another Operetta. Only problem with that is, if you're resorting to eBay, the dress and shoes are often more expensive than the whole doll at retail - if you can find him/her. I live in a doll desert, which is actually not that bad, just means you see PD for the first time long after everyone else has moved on to the next doll series comin' down the pike. Great patience builder !  :lol:

13 Wishes, for whatever reason, just doesn't appeal to me at all, although I love the playsets - and I don't have space for them. While I bought half of Scaris -and most are in the 'sell' pile - about all I plan on obtaining for the rest of the year is the Headless Headmistress set, Heath/Abbey, maybe Ghoulia/Cleo, I <3 Fashion Scarah, and the stock from Roller Maze Abbey, PD Operetta, and some from Girls Night Out. I am so on the fence about Catty Noir, I have splinters in my hinder. I literally can't do much more than that, unless Mattel sneaks a Slow-Moe out on us. There'll always be room for Slow-Moe ! And most other guys.

I'm halfway between excitement and burnout. It's taking quite a lot to get me off my lethargy lately. Glad to see everyone else's antici........pation !

angelfish

« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2013, 11:18:25 AM »
Heath, Heath, HEATH!  That's who I'm most excited for... :)

Offline Angelkitty21

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2013, 12:08:02 PM »
Concerning the Haunt the Casbah series, I'm on the fence. I would be much more excited if they made the dresses more Moroccan (or north african/middle eastern in any sense.) These look more like flouncy over the top beach covers.

I don't get it, maxi skirts are in, right? I would love something Turkish! So much inspiration wasted... ಠ_ಠ

Also, I really want the Abbey/Dippy McDipsh!% <--my name for Heath set, and a leg shortening. I think it's cute how Abbey pulls him out of the fire and back into the frying pan. She's cool, she can take the heat.

Offline keylimepony

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Kiwi Tart
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2013, 12:09:14 PM »
Heath, Heath, HEATH!  That's who I'm most excited for... :)

I agree! Heath, Heath, Heath, Heath, Heath!

Also Twyla, but mostly Heath!!
Thank you TwistedRainbow for my avatar and RainbowJuice for my signature!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal