collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Favorite characters from these?

Lala (Draculaura)
7 (20.6%)
Lagoona
11 (32.4%)
Jinafire
3 (8.8%)
Abbey
12 (35.3%)
Frankie
1 (2.9%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Author Topic: Favorite characters?  (Read 476 times)

nyanpotato

• Trade Count: (0)
Favorite characters?
« on: May 09, 2013, 03:18:14 AM »
First lets talk about favorite characters.
Post saying your top 5 characters :)
My top 5 are

1. Skelita!
2. Abbey
3. Ghoulia
4. Rochelle
5. Lagoona

Now I wanna talk about characters you don't like,But look amazing as dolls,Or the other way around.

IMO The werecat twins and Toralei are in my least favorite character group,But their dolls look so AWESOME I can't help it but I need to buy them,Same goes for Nefera.

Now what I was saying was,Good characters that don't look too awesome as dolls? IMO Cleo looks fab in the webisodes and movies but her face sculpt as a doll looks slightly weird,Same thing for Spectra and Cupid.
Either way I'm still buying Cleos,Spectras and Cupid,IDC.

Locked for redundancy. CSA
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 03:54:40 PM by Colorscapesart »

Offline lemonice

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite characters?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2013, 04:30:24 AM »
I have not seen the show, just the first episode and i really like lagoona.

I do like ghoulia but not in the show! what a stupid and boring girl.
Frankie is cool in the first episode but i dont like her as a doll. i think her hair is just to boring. sorry frankie but i dont like her.

Really like cleo in the show, but not as a doll
cleos boyfirend is cool as doll but not in the show.
Jackson is cool as doll =)

Offline Colorscapesart

• "BE COOL!"
  • Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Fakie!
    • View Profile
    • Custom Ponies
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2013, 09:59:34 AM »
Abbbbbbeeeeeyyyyy!!

Jayoen

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2013, 11:54:23 AM »
In the show I really like Ghoulia, Clawd, Abbey and Heath :) Lagoona is cool too!

Offline CrazyCatPony

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • 1st step is to admit you have a problem, i dont :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2013, 12:13:22 PM »
1. Abbey
2. Frankie
3. holt hyde
4. Heath Burns
5. lagoona

operaghost

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2013, 03:31:07 PM »
Lagoona is a great character. She seems laid back and fun. Spectra is my favorite character, though. I like how she haunts MH finding out everyone's business, when her own past is so mysterious. Plus ghosts are awesome. Venus seems really cool, too.

Melissa

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2013, 04:47:19 PM »
Webisodes: Abbey, Operetta (I'm a Georgia native so I love her accent and attitude), Rochelle, and Lagoona.

Dolls: All of the above, plus Skelita (we haven't seen her enough to know her personality) & Spectra (don't like her voice/personality at all).

Refuse to Dance

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2013, 04:55:11 PM »
In the show Cleo and Nefera are high and mighty and evil. Hate them. Their dolls on the other hand are gorgeous. Ghoulia is fine in both the show and as a doll. Every school is meant to have a geek. Abbey I love as a doll and on the webisodes. I prefer Spectra as a doll, but she seems snooty on the show. Skelita is meant to look wall-eyed as a doll as she does in the show. I love her. Jinafire and Rochelle love. Deuce, love more as a doll than on the show he seems like a total jock. Draculaura I love. Clawd is kinda jockish too.

Offline Angelkitty21

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2013, 05:35:03 PM »
Robecca is an easy favorite, as a character and doll. She's smart, elegant, a daredevil (boots with jets and can steam hover), she's steampunk, appreciates older tech (which people need to do more of!), and I love the goregous blue and black combo! I can't help but see her as a mechanic. Captain Penny is cool too, once I fixed the eyes.

As for least favorite character but like the doll, Nefera is an easy choice. Having an awful character helped me in not feeling bad when I wiped off her face with acetone.

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2013, 05:43:16 PM »
Great idea for a thread! I love discussing fashion doll cartoon characters like a big fat nerd ^.^

First lets talk about favorite characters.
Post saying your top 5 characters :)

1. Cleo (she recently kicked Abbey off the No. 1 spot. I just love the character development she's gotten)
2. Abbey
3. Operetta
4. Spectra (for some reason I'm in love with her and I don't even know why)
5. Venus (environmentalists gotta stick together, yo!)

Honourable mentions: Jinafire, Twyla, Lagoona (I feel so sad for her somehow), Rochelle

Now I wanna talk about characters you don't like,But look amazing as dolls

-Gil. His doll version is a major hottie. He looks so stoic and elegant. Like a high fashion model. His outfits are lackluster but the sculpt makes up for it. That little Adonis! XD
-Nefera. Her doll is breathtaking, but I really dislike her in the show and diaries. I have nothing against the sister rivalry, but sometimes it just seems that Nef is truly hating Cleo and vice versa. Can't deal with that.

Or the other way around.

-Cupid. It's not that I hate her doll version, but they should have used a different face mold for her, not Ghoulia's. Something seems so off about her.

Now what I was saying was,Good characters that don't look too awesome as dolls?

I have a problem with Ghoulia dolls. I love her in the webisodes, I love her fashions, but somehow she isn't my Ghoulia. She looks too prim and proper, not at all like the zombie-smartie with a slouch. It's like her doll version is her big sister or something.

The other offender is Clawdeen. Love her, but damn girl; for a fashionista your outfits look ridiculous most of the time!
Too much bling-bling and I'm also not a fan of combining lime green with gold and purple.
13 Wishes Clawdeen is a stunner, though. The only time the bling looks fantastic on her. She's the exception from the norm *g*
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 05:46:36 PM by Zapper »

Offline apanda0622

• Trade Count: (+177)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2013, 05:43:45 PM »
My top five favs are

1 -Abbey
2 - Frankie
3 - Lagoona
4 - Draculaura
5 - Spectra

Offline creedence

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2013, 07:08:40 PM »
I LOVE Cleo.  Her character & the dolls.  I also love Clawdeen but Mattel likes to put wonky outfits in her :( I like all the characters on the show, with my least favorites being Gil & Howleen. 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2013, 07:24:26 PM »
I like all the characters on the show, with my least favorites being Gil & Howleen.

Yeah, I don't dislike Howleen as much as I do Gil, but she is such a brat.
Her dolls are cute incarnate, though!

angelfish

« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2013, 07:46:14 PM »
My top five fav characters
1. Howleen, I love that she's a little (wee) brat and she plays soccer!  She's my top fav because I love both her character and her dolls.  What's not to love about a character whose first introduction in the Monster High books was a mention of her being in juvey for fighting...? 

2. Ghoulia.  Might be the most interesting ghoul on the show.  Unfortunately I like her character better than most of her dolls save for SDCC, RM and the Scooter version.  Her journal was one of the most interesting and I love that she always tries to make the best out of every situation.  When her scooter was demolished in Scaris she didn't cry and whine, she made the money to get it back.  Adore her.

3. Clawd and Draculaura.  I love them as a couple.  They're perfect and adorable. While I do love several of Lala's dolls, particularly the closed-mouth ones it's a shame I don't feel that way about Clawd.  I wish his dolls looked more like his animated self.  He's big and sweet and jocky.

4. Rochelle.  Another one like Howleen where I love both her character and her dolls.  She's cute, brave and honest almost to a fault. 

5. Heath.  Cannnot wait for his doll.  He's cute, goofy and makes me laugh and that's all he really needs to do.. :) 

Characters I don't like but love their dolls.  Nefera, Gil and Toralie.  Gil's a wuss and just not my cup of tea.  His doll is amazing though.  Nef and Toralie are hateful characters but again, they are both beautiful dolls.  Nefera is so gorgeous that's she's actually one of my top 10 fav MH dolls.

Cupid, Skelita and Venus.  Love, love their designs but just don't know that much about their characters so far.  Hope that changes.

Honorable mention, Operetta.  Really loved her character in "Friday Night Frights".  She's tough and she gets a mention because she's my fiance's fav.. ;)

Offline Tribble79

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2013, 12:44:47 PM »
Abbey is my favorite character in the show, but my favorite dolls are the CAM dolls because I get to create my own character. My favorite character doll is Venus.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal