collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: ID and PC on many early 90s toys! (pic heavy)  (Read 1725 times)

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
Re: ID and PC on many early 90s toys! (pic heavy)
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2013, 10:15:33 AM »
#7--those came out when pogs were popular. 1996ish? give or take a few years.  They came in bags and we got them at the variety store.

The names on the tip of my tongue, ill let you know if I remember.  I remember wanting the see through ones that had sparkles in them^^
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

mylittleponylover92

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2013, 10:23:01 AM »
Those creatures with the magic nappies (as we call them where Im from) are 'baby faces'

Diamond posted a thread not too long ago asking for PC for them MIB!

I have two of those you've pictured (dinosaurs) myself and I loved playing with them in water!

I also recognise (I have myself) the disney 101 Dalmatians that I believe came out via macDonalds! Especially the puppy on top of the football AKA soccer ball!

Also number 2 are definitely Pound Puppies! I loved them! I still have some myself!

Ahhh so many memories as Im a child of the 90s! :)

Sorry I cant give you any prices though! :P

Offline Rachel-Eyes

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2013, 10:27:16 AM »
Wait a second, I just noticed something...

The dog in #10, the one holding a bone... would he happen to be one of the farmer's dogs from The Little Fox would he? (Skip to 6:39).
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 10:59:38 AM by Rachel-Eyes »

Offline GazeboMouse

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2013, 10:46:54 AM »
Those creatures with the magic nappies (as we call them where Im from) are 'baby faces'

The babies in change-colour undies are regular Magic Diaper Babies, but some were packaged with the words 'Baby Face Magic Diaper Babies' on, to try and make them as popular as the Baby Face dolls, sculpted by the same sculptor! Mel somebody. If that clarifies things!

I'd love the MDB Dinos, but I'm sadly skint! Bah!

Offline Vintergatan

• Knight of the Ebon Blade
  • Trade Count: (+36)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2013, 11:07:50 AM »
Melody's angel, yeah I remember them being basically blind bags :) if you remember their name, please let me know!

Rachel, my dog is all white, I think it is from the Dennis the Menace cartoons :)

Gazebo, dinos are definitely not for sale as I adroe them, so you don't have to worry :P

mylittleponylover, seems we had a lot of toys in common :) it was such a great time for toys!
~怕眼里月光 会淋湿你的翅膀~

Offline Seraphia

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2013, 02:42:07 PM »
I have that pink watering can, it came with a playset that included a kind of pond that was made out of pearlized pastel pink stones and a turquoise tree... and the watering can. I bought it around 12 years ago in a toy store that still had some vintage items for sale... but I don't remember what kind of toys this playset belongs to. All I remember is that it was something I wasn't very familiar with (nothing overly popular like MLP). Sorry! Not sure if this helps at all...  ^^;

Offline Vintergatan

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2013, 03:11:59 PM »
Oh! I have that pond thing here! and I do remember something else with it, such as that tree, but I also don't recall any animals or characters. Hmm, I'll try to brainstorm now that I can put the can and the pond in the same picture, thank you so much!
~怕眼里月光 会淋湿你的翅膀~

MidnightVelvet

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2013, 04:10:04 PM »
I hope some can help you. I though #9 were Oddles but their not. :/  Ghostofthedoll.co.uk might have some information
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 04:16:54 PM by MidnightVelvet »

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2013, 04:29:43 PM »
1. Golden retriever family puppy in my pockets (and I am interested in them) I'd say maybe $30 on ebay. I'm not sure about the pups to the left of them but the rest are not puppy in my pockets from the vintage line. They look like Animal Hospital Families to me but I'm not really familiar with the line so I am not sure.

2. Pound puppies if tonka=vintage if applause=mid if Hasbro=current

5. Magic Diaper Babies Baby Dinos and they are pretty rare at that.  (unfortunately that makes pc difficult but I'm also interested in them)

9. Lil Babies I think. (oodles were 80s and had the ring head.  Magic Diaper where colored. Lil babies was 90s and looked about like this.)

10. Can I get the maker written on it?
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 04:33:05 PM by Sarahlacewing »
I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

Offline Vintergatan

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2013, 04:52:57 PM »
Thank you both :)

I have unfortunately cut off the tags from Pound Puppies, but they are definitely from the 90's, because they were bought for me (like all the rest of the toys here)

It would indeed seem that the babies are Lil' Babies (what an inspired name) as I actually have some more of them somewhere that I recognized from a pamphlet I now found.

As for picture #10, the dalmatian says Disney but I do recall that it could have been a McDonald's toy. Snoopy has absolutely nothing and neither has the big dog. The small white one has a tiny inscription saying H.K.E. Inc Toys. the H could be an N as well.
~怕眼里月光 会淋湿你的翅膀~

Offline Ice Crystal

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2013, 11:13:16 AM »
Oh my! I remember the flocked animals in 13 vividly. Everything but the brand, of course haha. I was very fond of them. I had a lot of trouble getting to school when I was a kid, so every week that I managed to go to school every day, my mom would drive me to Walmart and buy me one of those flocked animals. I had the zebra pictured, but most of my other ones were big cats. I haven't thought about them in years. Thank you for the reminder!

I know it's been said, but that dalmatian in 10 is definitely from the 101 Dalmatians McDonald's promotion. I remember that promo because it was so massive. I swear every kid who grew up in the 90s had at least one.

I figured those Hercules toys would pop up right quick on eBay, but I haven't found them yet. Then I noticed you are in Iceland, so they may be figures exclusive to your region (assuming you grew up there). I *think* I found the Schleich fawn on eBay, and it's going for about $5. Had no luck finding the others!

Good luck IDing the rest!

SalesWants
LOOKING FOR: "Quick" Rarity, Salty's accesories & Wavedancer's shell.
Please PM me if you have any of these for sale!

Offline Dawn

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2013, 11:38:10 AM »
I know the kitty with the pacifier, I have one....somewhere.

He's a Magic Diaper Baby, by Galoob.
Dip his butt in icy water to see if it's a boy or girl.
Cool, I had one of these too, nice to know what it is :-)

Offline Vintergatan

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2013, 05:21:41 PM »
I'm glad I brought some good memories with this :) The Hercules toys are from cereals I bought in Serbia (where i am now, unearthing all the toys I grew up with ^^)

I will put many of these up for sales or trade and since it seems they don't really have a proper price I might just be taking offers :)
~怕眼里月光 会淋湿你的翅膀~

Offline hilamb

• Myrskyisä yö poni
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dreamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2013, 09:05:33 PM »
Aw, so many memories. I remember some of the toys, already said in this thread.
 I have myself 4 magic diaper baibes and my friend had those dinos as a kid.

Thank you :heart:

Offline Seraphia

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2013, 02:34:46 PM »
Oh! I have that pond thing here! and I do remember something else with it, such as that tree, but I also don't recall any animals or characters. Hmm, I'll try to brainstorm now that I can put the can and the pond in the same picture, thank you so much!

I just remembered that there was also a big leaf (and one or two small leaves) in the playset. And no characters. But it was part of some toy line... I'm still trying to figure out which.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal